Popeye's Top 30 Worst SpongeBob Episodes Ever (with some honorable mentions)

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
I'm thinking about getting the rest of the honorable mentions out of the way at one fell swoop so I can move onto some other stuff I really wanna do. Really wanna get done with this ASAP. Thanks to everyone for commenting and leaving some very good comments all throughout my time doing this.

I think I'm close to being done talking about honorable mentions and this post and the next post will probably be the last time I post in this topic so I can start working on the Best Post Movie Episodes list.

2.png

This episode obviously has a very bad reputation among many many SpongeBob fans. In fact, when I first tried watching this episode, I thought it was nothing but awful myself. I then watched the episode several more times and realize that once you get used to the gross out kind of stuff that's in this episode, it's really more mediocre, forgettable and boring than anything else for me just like with episodes like "Fungus Among Us." On a technical level, it's more acceptable than "Pet or Pests" though it's still not a good premise for an episode in the first place and I admit that drawing of SpongeBob's skull was actually really solidly drawn especially for a Season 6 episode. I'm still really disappointed that SpongeBob basically tried being something that it's just not here in and in other episodes which is one of the main reasons why this episode still fails in my opinion.

39.png

This episode also tends to be controversial but it's strangely one I don't really hate as much as other people do for some reason. I actually really like the premise behind this ep. The writers really did a nice job in making the audience think that Nat actually likes to geninuely eat Plankton's chum because usually everyone hates eating it, as seen in "Spongicus", an episode I really like and that I might praise in my upcoming Top 20 Best Post Movie episodes list. Anyway, the biggest problem this episode has is the way Mr. Krabs is characterized towards the end. It sort of foreshadows how he's gonna act in "One Coarse Meal" although I'd argue that he becomes full on Kardboard Krabs on steroids in that awful excuse for an episode. Compared to that, this episode is a lot more tolerable for me and I even liked the joke they made about irony here. So although this episode does have some crappy elements to it, I don't think it's completely as bad as some of the other eps I've talked about.

2.png

Basically this episode is the exact same thing as "A Day without Tears" except it actually tries to be funny. I never liked this episode much and I still really don't but compared to ADWT, I'd watch this one in a heartbeat but it's still really weak as a Season 4 episode.

More

VIP
So as I expected, it would lead up to THAT piece of utter ::dolphin noise::. This list is really really great.

For those honorable mentions, I think most of them deserved a spot on the list.

More_Spongebob_Sandy said:
So as I expected, it would lead up to THAT piece of utter ::dolphin noise::. This list is really really great.

For those honorable mentions, I think most of them deserved a spot on the list.
Thanks for commenting. As I said, these honorable mentions I don't necessarily like either but at the same time they had worse competition in my eyes. I think everyone's going to have different interpretations of what they think is truly bad or truly great.

165.png

Personally I don't really care about this episode and only saw it this year but yeah, those songs were definitely ehhhhhhh. I'm not gonna go back and rewatch this because I really don't give a crap but just gonna write what I remember from my head so there you go. They could have been written 100x better and why they didn't just go with using the version of Atlantis from "Neptune's Spatula" I will never know. Also, it's one of those times where I really wish David Bowie had been able to sing at least one of the songs here. Overall, besides for a few parts I did kinda like, I don't think this episode has to much to offer in terms of substance though I personally don't find it as bad as other people do.

rsz_45.png

Strange how this episode was made in Season 9 of all things, which currently has a bunch of my favorite post movie episodes. This whole episode is basically just a cheater episode you can live without seeing and just makes a lot of references to other episodes. Even the title itself is reused from "Mrs. Puff You're Fired." Very obvious it was just another marketing thing by Nick and I honestly don't think this episode was the idea of the crew to make at all. I kinda liked how they snuck in that Adventure Time reference at the end though but yeah, this episode is pretty forgettable and I wouldn't recommend it to someone who wants to see this show at its very best.

And I think I'm about done talking about all the honorable mentions!

165.png

Personally I don't really care about this episode and only saw it this year but yeah, those songs were definitely ehhhhhhh. I'm not gonna go back and rewatch this because I really don't give a crap but just gonna write what I remember from my head so there you go. They could have been written 100x better and why they didn't just go with using the version of Atlantis from "Neptune's Spatula" I will never know. Also, it's one of those times where I really wish David Bowie had been able to sing at least one of the songs here. Overall, besides for a few parts I did kinda like, I don't think this episode has to much to offer in terms of substance though I personally don't find it as bad as other people do.

rsz_45.png

Strange how this episode was made in Season 9 of all things, which currently has a bunch of my favorite post movie episodes. This whole episode is basically just a cheater episode you can live without seeing and just makes a lot of references to other episodes. Even the title itself is reused from "Mrs. Puff You're Fired." Very obvious it was just another marketing thing by Nick and I honestly don't think this episode was the idea of the crew to make at all. I kinda liked how they snuck in that Adventure Time reference at the end though but yeah, this episode is pretty forgettable and I wouldn't recommend it to someone who wants to see this show at its very best.

Congrats. Can't wait for your best post-movie episodes list.

The Splinter is just gross.
Plankton's Regular relies too much on "surprise you" jokes, and the ending is horrible.
Funny Pants is annoying.
Atlantis Squarepantis and SpongeBob, You're Fired! both bore me to tears.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
Popeye Q. Krabs said:
2.png

Written by Luke Brookshier, Nate Cash, Derek Iversen

Storyboards by Luke Brookshier and Nate Cash

SBMania Rating: 5.1

Since I'm in a good mood today and I had this episode on my mind all day, here's my review of "Gullible Pants." One word to describe this: BORING and kind of annoying too!!!!!!! This is one of those episodes that has almost literally nothing of substance happen in it though will give this episode some credit for that gag that occurs when the background turns blue and starts glowing and Mr. Krabs then tells SpongeBob he's in charge. I don't like this episode because it's a very slowly paced remake of "Squid's Day Off" and one that's inconsistent too. Since when does freaking Mr. Krabs have fingernails????? I thought it was established in "Fry Cook Games" that SpongeBob's the only character with fingernails. I mean wtf. I takes this episode about 3 minutes just so we can see SpongeBob "in charge" of the Krusty Krab instead of Squidward this time. This episode also loves to repeat the same bland jokes over and over again. I really think that MoBrosStudios should have included this one on his Top 20 Worst SpongeBob episodes list rather than "Krusty Dogs" or "A Flea in Her Dome" because THIS is where really hardly anything happens and it's likely to put anyone to sleep like it did with me. Such an overlooked episode that for some reason doesn't get criticized more. God, I don't even want to talk about this episode anymore. Don't even watch this one because you will fall asleep instantly. Waste, waste, waste.

Hint for the next episode: It's in Season 6 again and it's an episode that absolutely makes no sense.
I hate to say it, but I thought Gullible Pants was freaking hilarious.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
Popeye Q. Krabs said:
165.png

rsz_45.png

Atlantis Squarepantis is such a guilty pleasure of mine. It's terrible, but somehow, it's entertaining. "So Bad It's Good," maybe?

It blows my mind that Spongebob Squarepants, a show that gave us a LOT of memorable and good songs (FUN, The Campfire Song Song, That's What Friends Do, Ripped Pants,) could give us such dogshit songs. It's astounding.

Popeye Q. Krabs said:
2.png

Written by Casey Alexander, Zeus Cervas, and Eric Shaw

Storyboards by Casey Alexander and Zeus Cervas

SBMania Rating: 2.5

From here on out, these are all the episodes that piss me off more than anything else I've seen from this show. There is absolutely NOTHING I like about these at all. They are complete, unwatchable garbage and should have never been made. With that's said, I really wanna tear this terrible, pathetic excuse for an episode a new one because it just makes me so mad every time I've tried to watch it and oh yeah, it came out on my birthday too so you can kinda get why I hate this episode so much with a burning passion and why I gave it a 1/10 on the discussion page for it. With that said, let's really go much deeper as to where my seething hatred for this episode comes from. I think this is really one of the worst episodes I've ever seen from Season 5 and from the entire show. #3 will basically be a tie just to give you guys a heads up and I probably won't be able to do that until probably after this Wednesday but stay tuned.

The episode begins at the Krusty Krab and SpongeBob annoyingly sings for a little bit and takes a little while just to make Krabby Patties. Okay so there is a little bit of hope that this episode might be somewhat redeemable. I mean if I didn't know what the title card was even called, I would have probably thought this was just gonna be a typical episode the Krusty Krab with a little bit of filler that could still be redeemable depending on where they take the plot but it goes downhill from here. SpongeBob for NO reason at all starts to..........you know what......I'm just gonna let the framegrabs do the talking for me because of how horse::dolphin noise:: this is.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=%2BJf%2FnLRtri094o5dSb1qqw%2FSGNUZ9gtUXmHuFY1BKr8%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=yDLmCyQctKFAeAHRCwOMzsgBalt26M%2FObg1yTpWS4hI%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=9c4KrrLYZjYWFCCI0taakN%2F3Km59dFnZWIEZbop7dlU%3D

(Please don't go that route. You have to be joking with this? SpongeBob's falling in love with a ::dolphin noise:: ::dolphin noise::ing Krabby Patty that looks like a woman's head???? WHAT THE ::dolphin noise::!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even make this up.)

This alone for me killed the entire episode. It's so out of character for SpongeBob to be acting like this and really creepy to watch and also, haven't I already seen this exact same plot done in another show a lot better than this? This episode is just already really unfunny as it is and doesn't even attempt to try to make those scenes over the top and funny enough to the point where the audience wouldn't be so bothered by this. We'll get to that later but I wanna keep talking about how much this episode pisses me off to no end and oh yeah, I think SpongeBob said something about this particular Krabby Patty only coming around once in a lifetime. I would understand if SpongeBob was treating this patty like a work of art but he's seriously pondering having a romantic relationship with it. Even Squidward's freaked out by what he saw and eventually takes the Krabby Patty from SpongeBob to serve it to the customers.

This big tough guy of a customer is about to eat the Krabby Patty and for no reason it sheds a tear, and Spongebob panics and takes the Krabby Patty away from him and hides under the grill to "comfort" it. Gross. Squidward makes fun of him for this strange behavior and SpongeBob literally takes his advice and goes home and to replace Patty, SpongeBob gives the customer a Krabby Patty with his shoe in it instead of bothering to just make another one for him. Plotholes much? Not to mention this scene is just really unfunny and stupid. This episode just gets creepier as the audience is treated to SpongeBob doing more stupid romantic things with the patty at home and his stove lights on fire. Patrick barges in and wants to play with SpongeBob but SpongeBob has other plans and wants to go to the park with Patty. Ugh. You should really see the look on my face as I'm struggling to find anything good about this piece of dog crap to like in any way.

Sandy also comes in and amazingly enough, she actually wants to do some karate so no signs of Scientist Sandy here in this episode. Sandy is wonder why the ::dolphin noise:: SpongeBob wants to do romantic stuff with an inanimate object and she tries to make it clear to Spongebob that patties are for eating. SpongeBob acts like a ::dolphin noise:: and runs off with Patty and Patrick starts to cry about what happened. This part sort of reminds me of "Nature Pants" but it kinda gets gross too when Patrick says that he's gonna find a sandwich to beat SpongeBob at his own game. I can sort of see this episode working with Patrick if they had just made it so over the top and wacky and it would have made somewhat more sense because Patrick's a silly, goofy character who doesn't take stuff seriously but it just comes across as so creepy when it's a character like SpongeBob because he normally knows much better. And spoiler alert, Patrick doesn't appear anywhere else in the episode so this subplot pretty much goes nowhere.

Then this episode decides to become even more unwatchable with one of the worst songs I've ever heard on this show. It's just awful in every sense of the word for me. It's just SpongeBob singing horribly and going on a date with Patty and it just makes me so sick to my stomach. There's even a scene where Spongebob uses karate to break a bunch of scallops open just to defend that stupid ::dolphin noise:: Krabby Patty and it's just so wrong on so many levels that AAAAAAAARGHHHH!!!! Not only makes me cringe but really really really pisses me off to the point where I just wanna throw my computer out the window.

SpongeBob and Patty go down a waterfall and finally this horrid song is over. SpongeBob goes to the park and the Krabby Patty is starting to rot. Ew. His solution to the problem is to take Patty to the Krusty Krab. At this point I am just ready to just stop watching this but I have to force myself to sit through the whole thing so I can keep talking about it.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=YiL8H%2FyvNC%2FiHN2vYy%2FOCb2YrQiBfzoYSa2dvS7dfxo%3D

(It always bothered me a lot how ugly the sky looks in these scenes. Horrible bright purple tints and stuff in the background and it just looks really garish for me to look at. Not sure if I'm the only one but yeah. Really distracting for me)

Mr. Krabs and Squidward have a boring conversation with SpongeBob about Patty and you know what.......couldn't help but admit this but......

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=t1gGG0rKBEj8%2BzD5FfieOGd%2Fxvf8ErsTkjt5K0hDRMA%3D

(SpongeBob actually looks really cute here. I really like this painting of him in the tuxedo. I know I said that I hate this episode with a burning passion which I still do but this painting is pretty cool nonetheless)

Unfortunately that's probably the only thing positive I have to say about this episode because of what's gonna happen next. SpongeBob walks in with the rotting Krabby Patty and that grosses everyone out in the restaurant basically including Krabs and Squidward.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=ZQ1bc0VmJPZf5CnlejhVSJrG4HqA%2Fu8QAQH8l31%2F6PA%3D

(Seems like The Nasty Patty got an extreme makeover.......yuck......)

SpongeBob pays Mr. Krabs a bunch of money so he can have a table with Patty and Squidward tries to convince him to get rid of the Krabby Patty and here comes the grossest part of the entire episode. Are your ready for this? It's even grosser than I already posted.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=VwcL6O4ctbODtsDlZCRF8eYgwsKI3vnCOsL%2B9y7hPuY%3D

(Nasty Patty on steroids. I call it Nasty Patty 2.0. That's all I have to say about this)

And it took SpongeBob THIS long to realize that Krabby Patty was rotting so he's also really oblivious in this episode. Groan.

And for once Mr. Krabs actually gives a ::dolphin noise:: about SpongeBob and gives him a long hard talk. Why SpongeBob didn't just throw away the Krabby Patty I will never know and he actually eats the ::dolphin noise::ing thing. This episode also has some of the super sappy elements that made episodes like "A Day without Tears" and "All That Glitters" so unfunny and hard to sit through. At the end, Mr. Krabs says that he'll give SpongeBob discount. Wow. At least Kardboard Krabs isn't in this episode. That was actually sort of a relief to see that but my God, this episode is such garbage and not to mention that it really reminds me of a Ren and Stimpy episode called "I Love Chicken" that did this same plot way funnier and better and without so much of the creepiness and sap to it. They made it clear in that episode that it was meant to be satirical and I think this episode was just a really poor attempt to pay homage to that.
To Love A Patty is one of my guilty pleasure episodes. It's just so horrible that it's entertaining to me. It comes across like a really horrible fanfiction.

Popeye Q. Krabs said:
Here's #7 and yet again, it's another episode I wasn't really sure about until I rewatched it today and it's really not because of SpongeBob or anything that I really hate this episode now, but something else that just completely kills the entire episode. Plus, as you can see, it's another Richard Pursel premise gone wrong. You know how hard I tend to be on him in these episodes I've talked about so far as well as Aaron Springer. It's mind boggling how the same guy who wrote "Powdered Toast Man" and "Haunted House" on Ren and Stimpy can be partially responsible for subpar crap like this and several of the other episodes that have made it onto my countdown.

548.png

Written by Casey Alexander, Zeus Cervas, and Richard Pursel

SBMania Rating: 2.5

Let's get a few of the positives out of the way though before delving into what makes this episode so frustrating to watch:

I like the designs of the non Squidward octopi that was used in the episode.

Kelpy G's music sounds great and he has the coolest voice out of everyone that's appeared in SpongeBob. I really wish that more could have been done with him. Just another reminder of how good a voice actor Rodger Bumpass is.

I really think this premise could have actually worked in some way seeing SpongeBob and Squidward go see a jazz concert together.

Now that's out of the way, the episode starts out with Squidward listening to some smooth jazz music at the Krusty Krab and he's enjoying himself quite a lot. Not a bad start actually. I can see how this really could have worked well as an episode because Squidward usually isn't this happy at all and I also think this idea could have lead to some interesting character development possibilities and stuff. SpongeBob panics because there's a huge possibility that the concert might be sold out and there's actually a good gag where he talks just like Kelpy G. I will also give this episode that. Nothing heinous so far.

It looks like Squidward is screwed until he reveals that he already bought a ticket. Nothing too bad there either until Squidward waves the ticket and Patrick is shoehorned very very badly into the episode. It's just as bad if not worse than how forced that scene in "The Main Drain" was when he pulled the drain plug, another example of how extreme Patrick's stupidity can get in some of these bad episodes. So basically you just take the worst aspects of "The Main Drain", "The Clash of Triton", and "Hide and Then See What Happens" into one single scene. Wow........that is terrible. And it's also sort of like "Sponge-Cano" on steroids in terms of how ruined this premise got.

SpongeBob then tells Squidward that he isn't going to get the ticket back until showtime and then the phone rings and Squidward picks it up. Here's a really bad joke about how Squidward's a lucky loser and it just goes on for way too long. SpongeBob for NO reason ends up winning the ticket instead and it's just really poorly done and just makes it look like the world is out to get Squidward. After that drawn out scene, Squidward and SpongeBob ride the bus together to the jazz concert. Squidward seems to have some time to himself to talk to someone else on the bus and SpongeBob acts pretty annoying on the trip. Also not good. Thanks a lot, Patrick for making Squidward's that much more miserable because had he not eaten the tickets in the first place, SB wouldn't have had to go with Squidward to the concert in the first place!

There's actually a pretty decent transition into SpongeBob and Squidward walking around and checking out all the scenery outside the auditorium but the unfunniness returns when Squidward tries to get SpongeBob into buying lemonade and waiting at a long line to get it so he can give him the slip and SpongeBob's so oblivious that he kinda gets annoying here too. It looks like he can finally have some peace to himself and again, this scene is actually okay. He's just talking to some other Kelpy G fans and out of nowhere SpongeBob laughs obnoxiously with some lemonade and SOMEHOW there was another lemonade stand with no line. Wow. Not really good storytelling is it to have things like that be so blatantly shoehorned into an episode just so the episode can haphazardly get from Point A to Point B. Talk about really really sloppy story structure there and just one of the most idiotic scenes in Spongebob ever. I know I also get annoyed when an episode takes forever to get to the point but that also isn't good either IMHO.

Then the episode cuts to Squidward and SpongeBob in the concert hall and SpongeBob's continuing to act pretty annoying here. I hate how he just can't take a break to stop screaming. I can understand how Squidward feels when he face palmed himself in that scene and everyone in the audience tells SpongeBob to sit down and be quiet. Good. Remember this scene because there's gonna be a part in the episode that really shows how hypocritical these people are and the main problem with this entire episode and its execution.

It seems the episode can get back on track with the plot until out of nowhere, Patrick is seen right behind SpongeBob and Squidward for literally no reason at all. They shoehorned him poorly two times in this episode and it absolutely kills it for me and really shows how badly done the storytelling is in this episode. Now if Patrick was a little bit less annoying and likable, I think this might have been a more salvageable scene but as it stands, this is where the episode just died completely. Patrick asks Squidward for ketchup and Squidward is shocked by what he's hearing. SpongeBob asks him what he's doing here in the first place and then he says one of his worst lines ever.

"Two words SpongeBob, NA-CHOS." WHAT????????????? How is this supposed to be funny? What did Patrick really say here that even resembled a joke in any way. Not even Bill Faggerbakke can save that piece of dialog from falling flat on its face. The worst part about this scene is that Patrick has the NERVE to eat Squidward's backstage pass on purpose. WTF??????????? That is not only one of the most unfunny things I've ever seen on SpongeBob but it really shows how much Patrick doesn't seem to care about anyone but himself in this episode. His characterization is just awful here even though he's not outright trying to steal wallets like he did in "Yours Mine and Mine." What makes this episode worse in my opinion is the way that he was brought into the story like this, how one dimensional his portrayal was, and how unfunny his lines were. He's sort of just being really braindead but at the same time doesn't seem to remember anything about Squidward here. It's really really weird.

Things only get worse when Patrick decides to eat SpongeBob's backstage pass. What a pig. And Patrick then goes up on stage to where Kelpy G is performing and with his big stupid one tooth that I hate so much, Patrick acts like he's at a taco joint ordering something and this scene also is really really unfunny and for NO reason again, the audience starts to cheer for Patrick and carries him away right after they just yelled at SpongeBob for being annoying too. The hypocrisy here is just astounding and really speaks for itself! AAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about not making any sense there.

Squidward and SpongeBob go after Patrick to get their backstage passes back and they are ordered to sit right back down. Squidward gets so pissed off that it disturbs everyone and they are kicked out of the concert. Thanks a lot Patrick. For no reason, you just ruined the entire episode with your stupidity and lack of care for anything but yourself. Ugh. Patrick out of nowhere again walks right out of the building with a bunch of hamburgers and he inadvertently gives SB and Patrick an opportunity to sneak right back in. At least he did something right even if all the other scenes with him have been truly comedically abysmal.

Even though Patrick isn't in the episode anymore, his stupidity had a lot of major ramifications on the rest of the plot seeing as how SB and Squidward bump into Kelpy G's manager who points out that they don't have backstage passes. To save himself, Squidward gets out his clarinet and decides to play really badly and SpongeBob joins too with his ukelele and Kelpy G overhears how good SpongeBob sounds. The episode basically ends with SpongeBob getting to play with Kelpy G and Squidward getting kicked out to add insult to injury to an already failed premise.

Yup, this episode is just as bad as what many many people have said about it and I can now see why. Nothing went right here at all and especially not for Squidward and the story itself.
You know what? I honestly liked the rest of "Smooth Jazz." Everything except for the Patrick parts was pretty decent, even enjoyable.
Squidward didn't win the tickets- Spongebob did, and he knew that Squidward wanted to go to the concert, which is why he entered the contest anyway. Damn, Spongebob was nice in this episode. He and Squidward actually seemed to be getting along pretty decently in this one.

Popeye Q. Krabs said:
I wanted to post this because I have plenty to do tonight with school and tomorrow and I wanted to get this out of the way ASAP. This episode for some reason were on my mind the most today and I wanted to talk about why I don't like it that much. Just a heads up, I'm currently thinking of episodes I haven't seen that I'm gonna watch so see if they are at least eligible for a honorable mention if I don't get to them or talk about them here.

4.png

Written by Casey Alexander, Zeus Cervas, Derek Iversen

Storyboards: Casey Alexander and Zeus Cervas

SBMania Ranking: 4.7

What good would a worst episode list be without one of those dreadful, painfully boring episodes from that Legends of Bikini Bottom special. See why Seasons 6-7 are my two least favorite seasons ever made and why so many of my least favorite episodes ever are from these. The show overall really took a nosedive in quality during that period and that's where a lot of the infamous episodes people hate came from for the most part with literally every writer on the show doing some of their weakest work too, even Aaron Springer unfortunately which remains a mystery for me to this day. Here's an episode that had potential but was ruined by several factors.

First of all, I HATE the designs of those smelly garbage things that come out of SpongeBob's trash can. They are hideous. Just look at this crap! AAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!! No appeal or anything. They look like characters from a bad Klasky Csupo cartoon rather than anything from SpongeBob. There are several more episodes that are coming up that have some really sloppy drawings that I think are much worse than this but let's stay focused on the topic at hand.

nx5hro.jpg

Really shaky lines, no form, no direction. Just a really lumpy, green mess really. I really hope this was something that happened in production that we don't know about, like the overseas animation studio making a serious animation error or some problem they were having in training new artists. Who knows! Oh yeah, they're making farting noises in this scene. So not needed at all. As for the song itself, it's meh but these garbage things make it so annoying to sit through. They should never exist in the SpongeBob universe. Never and I'm so glad they were never brought up again in any future episode.

As for the rest of the episode, we get a random volcano out of nowhere and apparently in order to save the town, the Bikini Bottomites have to sacrifice the most miserable person according to this really weird ancient Dolphin Warrior guy or at least that's what it looks like when everyone's sitting at the movie theater (volcano shelter, I know it's stupid). The episode seems to get a little bit better when Squidward accidentally almost falls directly into the volcano and SpongeBob's about to save his life and everything. I actually liked the perspective that they added with Squidward. Really helps to emphasize that he's about to fall and there seems to be some really good character development too. I guess that's one positive this episode has but it still doesn't excuse the other stuff that happens.

Here's the biggest slap to the face however. The pipes underneath Squidward's house explode causing his house to somehow fly right into the volcano and that fixes the problems. It turns out that the Dolphin Warrior never said that they had to sacrifice anyone but the most miserable person's house. WHAT?! That is just such a bad, shoehorned way to end an episode and it really sours the whole experience of watching it even more for me. Really? All of this for nothing and any character development was killed because of how this episode ended. It would have been so much cooler if they had made it more of an open ending like in "Hooky" where Patrick gets packed into a can of tuna. And look, it turns out that Squidward was lying to SpongeBob the WHOLE TIME!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!!!!!!! I'm so mad right now and especially because this could have been a better, more meaningful episode if they had cut the song number out and really made the relationship between SpongeBob and Squidward genuine and have much more layers to their personalities.

I think this is the first episode on this list that really made me react strongly in some way. Tomorrow, I will try to make it a double post. One episode in particular is also one of the dumbest ideas I've ever seen for an episode. It will make you cry and it will make you cry even more when you see who wrote the episode.

The ending was really annoying.
In "Home Sweet Pineapple," Spongebob loses his home through no fault of his own, and Squidward doesn't do anything to help.

In this episode, Squidward loses his home, and Spongebob (very selflessly) lets Squidward sleep in his own bed. And Squidward just acts like an ungrateful dick.

Popeye Q. Krabs said:
I wanted to post this because I have plenty to do tonight with school and tomorrow and I wanted to get this out of the way ASAP. This episode for some reason were on my mind the most today and I wanted to talk about why I don't like it that much. Just a heads up, I'm currently thinking of episodes I haven't seen that I'm gonna watch so see if they are at least eligible for a honorable mention if I don't get to them or talk about them here.

4.png

Written by Casey Alexander, Zeus Cervas, Derek Iversen

Storyboards: Casey Alexander and Zeus Cervas

SBMania Ranking: 4.7

What good would a worst episode list be without one of those dreadful, painfully boring episodes from that Legends of Bikini Bottom special. See why Seasons 6-7 are my two least favorite seasons ever made and why so many of my least favorite episodes ever are from these. The show overall really took a nosedive in quality during that period and that's where a lot of the infamous episodes people hate came from for the most part with literally every writer on the show doing some of their weakest work too, even Aaron Springer unfortunately which remains a mystery for me to this day. Here's an episode that had potential but was ruined by several factors.

First of all, I HATE the designs of those smelly garbage things that come out of SpongeBob's trash can. They are hideous. Just look at this crap! AAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!! No appeal or anything. They look like characters from a bad Klasky Csupo cartoon rather than anything from SpongeBob. There are several more episodes that are coming up that have some really sloppy drawings that I think are much worse than this but let's stay focused on the topic at hand.

nx5hro.jpg

Really shaky lines, no form, no direction. Just a really lumpy, green mess really. I really hope this was something that happened in production that we don't know about, like the overseas animation studio making a serious animation error or some problem they were having in training new artists. Who knows! Oh yeah, they're making farting noises in this scene. So not needed at all. As for the song itself, it's meh but these garbage things make it so annoying to sit through. They should never exist in the SpongeBob universe. Never and I'm so glad they were never brought up again in any future episode.

As for the rest of the episode, we get a random volcano out of nowhere and apparently in order to save the town, the Bikini Bottomites have to sacrifice the most miserable person according to this really weird ancient Dolphin Warrior guy or at least that's what it looks like when everyone's sitting at the movie theater (volcano shelter, I know it's stupid). The episode seems to get a little bit better when Squidward accidentally almost falls directly into the volcano and SpongeBob's about to save his life and everything. I actually liked the perspective that they added with Squidward. Really helps to emphasize that he's about to fall and there seems to be some really good character development too. I guess that's one positive this episode has but it still doesn't excuse the other stuff that happens.

Here's the biggest slap to the face however. The pipes underneath Squidward's house explode causing his house to somehow fly right into the volcano and that fixes the problems. It turns out that the Dolphin Warrior never said that they had to sacrifice anyone but the most miserable person's house. WHAT?! That is just such a bad, shoehorned way to end an episode and it really sours the whole experience of watching it even more for me. Really? All of this for nothing and any character development was killed because of how this episode ended. It would have been so much cooler if they had made it more of an open ending like in "Hooky" where Patrick gets packed into a can of tuna. And look, it turns out that Squidward was lying to SpongeBob the WHOLE TIME!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!!!!!!! I'm so mad right now and especially because this could have been a better, more meaningful episode if they had cut the song number out and really made the relationship between SpongeBob and Squidward genuine and have much more layers to their personalities.

I think this is the first episode on this list that really made me react strongly in some way. Tomorrow, I will try to make it a double post. One episode in particular is also one of the dumbest ideas I've ever seen for an episode. It will make you cry and it will make you cry even more when you see who wrote the episode.

The ending was really annoying.
In "Home Sweet Pineapple," Spongebob loses his home through no fault of his own, and Squidward doesn't do anything to help.

In this episode, Squidward loses his home, and Spongebob (very selflessly) lets Squidward sleep in his own bed. And Squidward just acts like an ungrateful dick.

Popeye Q. Krabs said:
I just gotta kill this piece of crap with fire, so here's the next episode on the countdown! Things are quickly getting much worse as I begin to delve into the Top 25, with the plots getting even stupider and yeah it's gonna be a bumpier ride from here on out.

37.png

Written by Aaron Springer and Steven Banks

Storyboards: Aaron Springer

SBMania Rating: 3.4

This episode makes me want to cry even a couple of seconds in. You know why? You'll never believe who wrote and storyboarded this highly lame and highly stupid idea for an episode. Aaron Springer of all ::dolphin noise::ing people!!!!!!!!! WHY?????????????????????? Out of everyone working on this show, he's one of those guys with the most amount of experience in animation and on the show itself as well as doing a lot of other cool stuff with his career (the other people would be Vincent Waller and Paul Tibbitt themselves and yeah, I get the same feeling I get when I see their names slapped onto this Saturday Morning cartoon kind of crap because they've also done much better before IMHO). Utter face palm already. I don't even know if I can even talk about this episode without wanting to smash my computer out of rage.

I just had to get that out of the way because it's only going to get even more mind boggling from here as to how someone like that could have really played a part in episodes like these at all. Anyway, this whole pointless episode is a non event. It starts out with SpongeBob getting out of bed and stubbing his toe and then crying over it. No wit, no clever gags, nothing because the plot itself is already really uninspired and lame and with a talent like Aaron on board, I don't think it's that surprising that even he couldn't really do much to make this plotline from ::dolphin noise:: entertaining or funny and personally, I doubt someone of his caliber would have enjoyed doing this. It feels like something out of a bad 70s or 80s Saturday morning cartoon in all honesty rather than something a cartoonist like him could come up with. Just look at his Perriwinkle shorts, Cal Arts student films, or his Korgoth of Barbaria pilot to see how much of an incredible talent he really is and you wouldn't believe the same guy also storyboarded this piece of garbage.

I also really HATE that noise that SpongeBob makes when he cries. It's so whiny, overdone and high pitched. I feel so bad for Tom Kenny because it must really put a strain on his vocal cords trying to make SpongeBob sound like that. I always figured it would be easier for him to have continued voicing the character with a lower pitched voice like in the earlier seasons. The biggest thing that bothers me is that they never explain why SpongeBob's crying so ::dolphin noise:: much. He usually doesn't cry this much at all and not even "SpongeBob You're Fired" had him cry like that. I know people really hate that episode but at least he didn't do it the entire episode. There's also a really missed opportunity during that scene where Squidward shows SpongeBob a video montage of all the times that he's cried before to have used clips from past episodes. Come on. I'm shaking my head here. It's no wonder a lot of people have made rants about SpongeBob on YouTube among other things. It's childish rubbish like this that made them stop watching the show.

The rest of the episode......ugh.....do I even have to go into how stupid this is? I really should just stop here but the episode becomes even more boring when it devotes all of its time to making the plot as emotional as possible and not in a good way. Completely devoid of any humor or substance and oh yeah, Squidward loses the bet he made and has to stay over at SpongeBob's house for a sleepover while crying too. What a waste. Really. It shouldn't even exist.

I'm a horrible person. I found this episode funny in the most perverse, guilty way. I'm a huge crybaby, and when I saw this episode I thought "holy crap, that is just like me! Why is this so funny?"

Popeye Q. Krabs said:
Just because it's Easter Sunday doesn't mean I haven't forgotten about this Top 30 list. Here's another episode I really don't like. Since it's Easter Sunday, I'm gonna probably be doing two reviews today. It took me a while to come up with more episodes I can really talk about that are Top 30 worthy but I think I finally found them, so here's one of them!

0.png

Written by Zeus Cervas, Erik Wiese, and Steven Banks

Storyboards by Zeus Cervas and Erik Wiese

SBMania Rating: 3.1

Tisk, tisk, Steven Banks. He's really not impressing me with some of these premises he came up with and letting me down big time with juvenile crap like this and "A Day Without Tears." I'm noticing a little trend here as to why some of these are so stupid. It's kind of a coincidence why SpongeBob doesn't stop screaming in "Night Light", cries repeatedly in this episode, and laughs repeatedly in another episode "Funny Pants" (unlike the other two, this one at least tries to be funny. I'm considering making this one an honorable mention) all of these written by completely different writers but yet all of them were stuff that he had involvement in writing. Not to mention that Steven Banks was the story editor between Seasons 4-8 and he was also the guy who wrote the book of which the episode "Waiting" was based on. Maybe he wasn't paying attention to all this stuff that was coming out and slipping through his hands (or watering them down in the process. I'm just speculating) and maybe why Season 9 doesn't have a story editor in contrast to previous seasons if you've been paying attention to the credits for basically some of the later Season 8 and Season 9 eps. It always puzzled me as to how you can have a completely different team of writers yet somehow make the same mistake that was made for "Night Light" but instead on the episode "Shuffleboarding" which tells me that something was affecting everyone's work on this show.

I really have a feeling that at least some of these ideas weren't being translated that well onto the screen for whatever reason. He's definitely a far cry from Merriwether Williams, who was the executive story editor in the first three seasons. Granted, I do still like his work on Jimmy Neutron prior to his tenure on SpongeBob. It's his 4th episode idea on my Top 30 list but let's examine why I really hate this episode and think it's probably one of the worst when it comes to Season 4, a season that I've come to really like in a lot of ways and find underrated, though I did include "Good Neighbors" a little while back on this list not because I hate it or anything but because of the implications that it would bring on the series as a whole.

Okay, this episode starts out fine enough. Someone orders a Monster Krabby Patty and SpongeBob has to make it. All fine and good and I even like that effect that was used with the hand there. I don't see anything wrong with this episode yet until SpongeBob breaks his spatula. He starts to cry over what happened and he just goes on.......and on and on and on and ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dear Neptune, will someone make him stop? Please!!!!!!!!! Now I know where the "inspiration" for "A Day without Tears" must have come from. Wow. I'm not kidding.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=8EvPRiJT2R0gCq78v1s0DkMSFlVYJ9X9ul6P9ZQ8g1Y%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=WTt3%2FUNjBs%2BQNqcBwB%2BqPeF%2BF2yvUID7KwL7VbPQQkc%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=QMZYVJC2x44JytNm8fsP2rPrX2FCfSObYKsbW3uwRxM%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=OpjE7GpYw%2BB%2Bm7bQJo0EjnnafQ8AZcqDdi5d6IX6vyM%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=opbJoh0DISw9nbH76GxYbMZjoQJkjvqDmI96lLlN%2Bu4%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=pK6UYi50JwuN%2ByRt3SIq0bcwQKHsKp7LEJl0SeBx8ng%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=yRlbDEj53tr0Pt8sMumDMQA8WevOPX%2FTLNO8%2Ft0xXt8%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=s3PqZUR2vdlaq57PqcD5u92W3hHL00EwPIkRma7pKxM%3D

(okay, I actually found the part with Patrick to be kinda funny, but dear Lord!!!!!!)

This is exactly what I was talking about earlier. I think anyone who understands comedy knows that if you drag out a joke this for too long, it kills any comedic potential. I really doubt that either Zeus Cervas and Erik Wiese would have wanted to purposefully make a scene like this go on and on to be honest, especially considering how they were already with the show to begin with. The latter especially has a lot of prior experience working in animation just like with Aaron Springer. I really have a feeling that someone told them to make this part as long as possible even though that if they had common sense, they would have cut these scene probably in half or greater than that.

The episode goes completely downhill from here. It quickly turns into a really annoying and insipid soap opera style kind of story though they did a better job with the montage here than they did with "A Day without Tears." And again, another joke is repeated over and over and run to the ground when SpongeBob keeps finding more money in his house to give to the guy selling Le Spatula. He gets so desperate that he sells his house and his clothes and walks around naked for the entirety of this episode!!!!! WHAT??????? How is this allowed in a kid's show of all things? I kinda find it disturbing how they were able to get away with that. And worst of all, there's another bad episode that's gonna be on this countdown that has a character walking around almost nude but I'm not gonna spoil the name of that one. It's coming up really soon.

SpongeBob tries Le Spatula out only to find out that he's a snooty French stereotype who wants nothing to do with his mediocrity. It runs out of the Krusty Krab and does this to SpongeBob.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=84qbGRoVOgmC3pS%2BGWBLZxZgnYa6nggODpN9eL2CZS0%3D

Completely uncalled for mean spiritedness on top of not making any sense. I mean SpongeBob barely even used it at all! I mean how can this episode possibly get any worse?

SpongeBob goes to visit his spatula in the hospital (don't ask. it's beyond idiotic) and finds it in the infirmary all recovered and then........

the spatula doesn't want to.......................................................................

I can't even defend this. It's too stupid. Really it is. I'll let the next few framegrabs speak for themselves.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=fmxCsMPS9GyT5bzOp%2BAf0PpvxDR0GblRY4uCmZ13E%2FQ%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=XY7MZMqpZg9AfhUMcwKp%2BUmV2Ssn6lshK8h%2BN4Buk%2FU%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=Omx6XcTpYE%2BmXZD6Xpi%2BOXc2kNgYxvcGRbARc5PNQuo%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=iASH51uPz51bifxPeMapFvfSwLbu37A58EmC4PmoFTQ%3D

(having flashbacks of "Stuck in the Wringer" right now)

Did they really just do that??????? What was the point of shoehorning that part in? I mean it's fine to have some kind of moral to the story but don't you think it might have been much more suited towards the end when Spongebob gets his spatula back. It makes no sense to me to have SpongeBob out of nowhere say this. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy and stupid!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpongeBob limps all the way back to the Krusty Krab still crying and all of a sudden, Spat is there and SpongeBob uses it to flip another Monster Krabby Patty and has his arms pop off in the process and we're done here. If there was any part that moral could have been used, it should have been here. I mean really? This episode is just really stupid and on top of that kind of mean spirited too. I will not be watching this again anytime soon. I'm just glad that this premise was done a lot better and funnier in "Evil Spatula" so I can pretend like this one never existed.
I feel like this one could have worked, if A) the "spatula being alive" thing was all in Spongebob's head and therefore funnier, and B) if it had been revealed that Spongebob had had that spatula since he was a child. That would have made it genuinely sentimental.

Dear god, the scene with Spongebob crying, and Patrick suddenly joining in.... that part makes me laugh so hard when I see it. I don't know why. Also, the image of Spongebob crying hysterically in the office of a therapist who has that "I am so done" look on his face.

This episode could have worked SO WELL with some tweaks.

Also... Zeus Cervas's storyboards are friggin beautiful:

http://zeuscervas.prosite.com/187620/1988078/gallery/spongebob-all-that-glitters

Popeye Q. Krabs said:

I just had to kill this one with fire. Season 7 just won't quit. Based on what I've seen, it's probably the worst season of SpongeBob that was ever produced so understandably and the one with the episode that completely made me give up on SpongeBob for a while (not this one), I'm gonna have a lot more eps from that Season on this countdown. The next episode will be from Season 6 and one of the episodes that Aaron Springer and Richard Pursel worked together on (I'm shocked that some of their episodes happen to be some of my very least favorites ever. On paper, that team up should be good on paper but it ends up producing way worse episodes. Sigh). I had thought long and hard about having that one at #19 but I realized it's a bit worse overall. I also changed my rating for this one accordingly so that's why the rating dropped slightly. Like with "Penny Foolish", it's one that I thought was just boring and mediocre and then when I thought about it again, it feels much worse than when I initially watched it. My opinion can change at any time but for this one, I don't think it's that likely. Let's see why.

25.png

Written by Casey Alexander, Zeus Cervas, Dani Michaeli

SBMania Rating: 2.9

In one of the most lame, boring Plankton tries to steal the Krabby Patty formula kind of episodes, they've already shoehorned Sandy into this for no reason!!!!!!!! WHY?????????? I'm already shaking my head because this plot is already making no sense and we're only a couple of seconds in. That should just tell you how bad the rest of it's gonna be.

SpongeBob gives Sandy a Krabby Patty that Plankton hides in and she eats it, although she had to unzip her suit to do it. Okay, so maybe this episode won't be THAT bad, right? WRONG. Sandy goes back to her treedome where we see her take her clothes and fur off and that gives Plankton the idea of.........stealing her fur and copying "Imitation Krabs", although it's not funny at all this time like in that episode. That is so lame and boring that it hurts thinking about it. What kind of episode is this?????? Someone's brain fart turned into a full 11 minute episode or something? Come on, guys. Even "Gullible Pants" and "The Play's the Thing" makes more sense than this trash heap of an episode even though they're also really boring remakes of earlier episodes.

Plankton's wife Karen even agrees with me on how stupid this idea is. "Oh no, you can't be serious." Maybe it's a message from one of the writers admitting this is a terrible idea from the start, but moving on. Before I talk more about this episode, I will give the writers credit for not resorting to use Scientist Sandy in this episode. It's a bit refreshing to see her angry and tough even though it's in a crappy ::dolphin noise:: episode but that's pretty much the ONLY thing that's even slightly redeemable about this episode.

This episode takes a turn for the worst when Plankton finally turns Sandy's fur into a machine that he gets into and walks around. The pacing becomes really really slow and boring as all heck. It feels like a bad 1970s Hanna-Barbera cartoon rather than anything from SpongeBob (and no, I'm not trying to copy MoBrosStudios with that comment. That's how I really would have felt if I had never heard about this episode before and saw it for the first time). There are barely an interesting jokes or gags in this episode. It's just Plankton walking around and talking with a Texan accent. How is this supposed to be funny again????? They even have music that would be right at home in a Hanna-Barbera cartoon in this episode. Maybe they were trying to do a homage to one of those????? Who knows!

I saw the drawing that character designer Robert Ryan Cory did for this episode with Sandy's fur and even though it's a very well drawn design, too bad it squandered on this piece of crap. Good talent wasted yet again and that's one of the many ways that you can make a bad enough episode. Why do I even have to talk about the rest of this? It's seriously just Plankton disguised as Sandy talking to SpongeBob about boring, pointless crap. Take a look for yourself.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=Zi9%2FlLz04wBVe6Am5sWT%2BTZMehQwVC0JoOS0EBMz36Y%3D

(SpongeBob's just as bored as I am and wondering why this episode was made at all)

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=LU5Ro2o2NUOailHleL3VlH5FSterNsmmYwOA2DzEyNI%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=17DDiq5%2FG%2B8RXjJMqil4NTE6h5KnYWSFdMrDMNzQQAc%3D

(acting all cool even though they've done literally NOTHING entertaining or funny)

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=Q4xHKwp75sFWOl2w4oxHqexAG1e59j6UNGF%2FdQrvgOI%3D

(Krabs: "I'm getting so annoyed because you're losing Viacom's money and angering the children wasting time by just standing around. Entertain the audience or else I'll have a heart attack from not having enough money to put under me mattress! Be more funny already, you scalwags or you're fired!!!!!!!")

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=d09qNzKokBDNXfXPZ6covWIhNz%2BL2b0TBzFbzf%2BhUS8%3D

(more unfunny shenanigans)

I think these framegrabs speak for itself. Literally, this is what happens there and I'm not going to write out full paragraphs explaining this stuff for obvious reasons.

We cut to Sandy who is literally almost nude in this episode besides for two pieces of clothing who's trying to find out who stole her fur. She asks one of the Bikini Bottom citizens and the jerk just laughs and insults her. On top of being really boring, this episode tries to be mean spirited too just like with "Squid Wood" except this is even dumber and less funny than that episode. "What is so funny about getting my fur stole?" Exactly, Sandy. Is it me or does this episode actually have some subtle meta humor in it? I really think this was probably just an accident but you know an episode is sucking when even the characters themselves are admitting it.

Really the rest of the episode is just back and forth between Plankton trying to steal the formula and Sandy getting laughed at by everyone, even the ::dolphin noise:: cops and then Sandy's arrested at the end for basically doing nothing wrong. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=RxZQbWlnbBPmJdZc9PPt98UaYsCTbTuY3TYy%2FOi1FqM%3D

(::dolphin noise:: Da Police........)

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=hQMoIdlpnF4HHMsc2mwTaRqt2UaIPGI475VkuMbmA1Y%3D

Three Dani Michaeli premises in a row and the 4th one to make it onto this list. Wow. Steven Banks has written a lot of the other ones while the rest were either by Derek Iversen or Mr. Lawrence himself. Interesting.

Not to mention... Sandy's skin design in this episode was horrifying-looking. A limp, empty shell with empty eye sockets and a gaping mouth, shuffling around like a zombie.

Popeye Q. Krabs said:
Sorry about the delays guys. I was going to write about this episode the other day but I accidentally pressed the back button on my computer so I lost everything I wrote about this episode but hopefully, I'll be able to have just as strong if not better analysis on this episode and why I hate it so much. I don't know how much I'll be able to post on the weekend since I have to study for finals and stuff but after next week, I should be back to doing these regularly.

38.png

Written by Aaron Springer and Richard Pursel

Storyboards by Aaron Springer

SBMania Rating: 3.0

In one of the worst drawn SpongeBob episodes I've ever seen, SpongeBob and Patrick are basically playing a game of leap frog with each other and fall off a cliff and land what they THINK is a ball (they made the same mistake in "Porous Pockets." I guess that has to count as continuity in some alternative universe. After all, Aaron also helped to write that episode) which turns out to be a really hideous looking worm which they take back to SB's pineapple and call it Mr. Wormsley and basically introduce it to Gary. I can sort of see why this has often been called the prototype to the infamous "A Pal for Gary." Before I delve into this episode more, I just want to show you how crappy the drawings for SpongeBob are here and why even only a minute or so into the episode, I'm already really disappointed and upset by what I saw.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=bxzAWgTg0eE0t9icHzuIAbcuTyYYpe3bIZcVAq2hQEc%3D

No, no, no, no!!!!!!!!!! He looks hideous.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=skdsT0jZQhVCNYbfx9rEdQHdsOeqD5pSY%2Bpbaeh6TAw%3D

Dreadful.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=NaU7pd3ML1SfSNM1GGb8fjWrqZtFZvHqJDGxWnT%2FffQ%3D

Stiff and just really wobbly all around. No appeal.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=YQduktJjOqirScY0zHUBiBmbK22j%2FOz0XhI1cvIr1XE%3D

Just why??????

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=XL3sDKzWHznV%2Fadt7%2Fzf483gEq24GrzRgjnKEBXFxhE%3D

I'll let this one speak for itself.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=Jq1Bbis6PYyjlONn3BzcCu0WAAsjmIer6fed1xSeEvY%3D

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE??????

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=FSb2qnX3voE2J%2FUT0mGYY%2FtN7YhZyC%2BCALgD4MLS9sw%3D

This shouldn't even exist.

Not only is this episode really ugly to look at, it's really boring and disgusting too. The production value is also really deplorable. It reminds me of another infamous Aaron Springer episode that WILL be on this countdown but I won't spoil it yet. The worms literally shoot green slime at people and the rest of it is an absolute mess. I think to save myself some time, I'll just keep selecting framegrabs from the episode and leave short comments about them because that's all this episode really is. A lot of other episodes this season that Aaron Springer boarded for some reason seem to have similar problems, even though I think this one was affected really badly by whatever happened behind the scenes.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=WLsJc92hM%2FbHubJqSF1SmHnNvNAcSBqjcYbK1%2FzJWx4%3D

(and I thought the slimy garbage things from "Sponge-Cano" were really ugly. This worm mother thing takes the cake and I really want it dead now. Again, thank God we never saw this character again on the show)

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=xUqLG92WrQ6SyMQz2hcnUUpC1MOlNNfL%2F%2Fc0QEInWro%3D

(Why people find "Face Freeze" gross and disgusting and never talk about this episode I will never know. I'd rather watch that episode in a heartbeat than this. At least it was drawn much better than this crap and more interesting to me. Even "The Splinter" has far better drawings and production value than this terrible episode, which looks like a bunch of amateurs drew and cleaned up)

There are other problems that I have with this episode, mainly the fact that SpongeBob doesn't even remember who Larry the Lobster is. I know this show doesn't have good continuity but why would you let something so little and basic slide and this episode clearly has a longtime SpongeBob vet working on it. It just doesn't make any sense.

And........

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=4eUuqmYOkwq3%2F3OpMIT2JdPxqzi5jpSZvLdoW4Tk8xI%3D

Mr. Krabs's design is also piss poor in this episode too.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=G9kKpOUhSbXX15gO2HYQWrA96xtqD6rDaclmAEU9JtU%3D
This is still really really gross. Why would anyone laugh at this, let alone kids?????

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=4KCPVktw%2FJBD4IX9V2y6%2Fr9NQvvrTWIM23xuwfac24Y%3D

Mr. Krabs and his terrible design yet again. It's making my eyes hurt looking at this piece of ::dolphin noise::.

This episode is boring, terribly drawn and really really gross. Please don't watch this or waste any time with it. It may be better than "A Pal for Gary" but it has other problems that just really make me mad, especially the super sloppy character animation and unappealing, ugly designs, which are basically my two main problems with this episode on top of it not being funny.
Hey! I remember seeing this exact post on Tumblr! Was it your blog?

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
More_Spongebob_Sandy said:
TrenchBillies is the second worst legend behind Sponge-Cano!.

The "Patrick's single tooth" thing doesn't bother me. It's been used since the early days, and it's led to a lot of funny expressions.

"May I take your hat, sir?"

Popeye Q. Krabs said:
Now that I'm in the mood, I feel like continuing my list. Probably won't be doing this every other day since I'm doing other stuff but I didn't want to let my thread go by the wayside so here's #13!

13. http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=yU%2FjdHCsupwL5SYvtRJO0MrALBtlSFO8S%2Fy8%2F2368Ys%3D

Written by Casey Alexander, Zeus Cervas, and Derek Iversen

SBMania Rating: 2.6

Yikes! The rating for this one is lower than a lot of the other ones on my list. Let's see what makes this episode so heinous and bad, shall we?

Anyway, the episode starts out with Mrs. Puff letting everyone out of Boating School and SpongeBob overdramatically has a note for Mrs. Puff. This can't be good already. He already comes across as a very unlikable character that no one and I mean no one wants to be around. I feel bad for Mrs. Puff here that she has to deal with this Yellow Dennis the Menace like creature. Mrs. Puff understandably wants to get away from him and drives off in her boat. You can literally see the sweat coming out of her as SpongeBob runs towards her and the boat.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=a7Gr3bqJClwAlgzhNNZmW2gtSEgEAg3EQacjfRmeSf4%3D

(Hint: One of my least favorite episodes ever which WILL be on this countdown has a scene just like this)

Seems that she finally got away from this guy but out of nowhere, SpongeBob pops out of the boat just to give Mrs. Puff a note. Just......why? This feels like his behavior in "Squid Wood" but even worse and I know there are other episodes where he's characterized in a really creepy, uncomfortable way that I want to talk about more here and probably will add as honorable mentions if they don't make it onto my countdown.

Mrs. Puff then tells SpongeBob that he should take a hint and tries to get him off the boat but the little guy just won't let go of the boat. Even Mrs. Puff starts to become a bit unlikable after she sarcastically says she wants to help SpongeBob. So not only is this scene drag out for way too long but nothing's funny and both SpongeBob and Mrs. Puff are unlikable in this episode. Their characterizations are both way off and not funny.

She gets blinded with SpongeBob's note and crashes into the Krusty Krab and basically Mrs. Puff and Mr. Krabs try to work out a deal so she won't get in trouble with her parol officer over what just happened. During the conversation, they sort of make a reference to the (much better and funnier) episode "Krusty Love." I think I would give the writers some credit for that but then they just completely do away with that entirely and make it seem like Mrs. Puff and Krabs never dated at all! I know this show has very loose continuity but that doesn't mean that even details like that should be shrugged off for no reason. At least have some build up or a backstory to explain to the audience why Kruff never worked out. I think that's one of the main things that really made this episode worthy enough to be Top 20 material. It was just a really underdone scene that had so much potential to be good.

Mr. Krabs comes up with the idea of having Mrs. Puff work at the Krusty Krab, taking Squidward's place and having to work with the Sponge. Oh no, this isn't gonna be fun to watch. I just know it! The characters all continue to act like jerks to each other and rub their jerkiness into the audience's face. SpongeBob being unlikable and annoying isn't helping with that either. He becomes an even bigger jerk when he decides to "teach" Mrs. Puff the ropes of being a fry cook at a fast food restaurant, something that I think most people with a little bit of training can do anyway. SpongeBob's job really isn't that special so therefore, the plot of this doesn't even make any sense either. I also hate how SpongeBob keeps laughing and giggling. I love SpongeBob and all but he is really starting to annoy me in this episode. Kinda wish something would happen to him at the end of the episode. Don't panic, maybe he will get his comeuppance somewhere in this episode.....or not....

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=OWsl7v2y3sWggLxJUgbYrCMujUcVBQN9no5Hs0WB0NY%3D

(Why does this eerily remind me of "Someone's in the Kitchen With Sandy?" I swear part of this episode feels just like it except that you get rid of Plankton and Sandy and replace them with Mrs. Puff. Same team of writers too, except that was a Dani Michaeli premise. I really think everyone was running out of ideas at this point and honestly I wouldn't blame them. The show had been on for about 11 years or so at this point)

Just like in "Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy," we get long boring scenes that aren't funny and mainly revolve around SpongeBob teaching Mrs. Puff how to take orders like Squidward. At least in that episode, SpongeBob was still kinda likeable even though the scenes with him were boring as ::dolphin noise::. This is the same thing except SpongeBob is just gloating like a ::dolphin noise:: all throughout and it just makes me want to stop watching. I don't like it when SpongeBob's acting like a jerk for no reason like this.

And just like with that episode, the pacing is absolutely glacial. It takes FOREVER to go from Point A to B in this episode and it seems to be a common problem with a lot of episodes that have made it onto my list thus far. SpongeBob dresses up as a customer and Mrs. Puff practices taking orders. I honestly think this is the most interesting scene in the entire episode and not even this is that good anyway or worth seeing the episode for. Kinda reminds me of "Krusty Dogs" when SpongeBob dressed up as something else. Curse these recycled gags.

Just like the audience, Mrs. Puff is getting increasingly annoyed and upset with SpongeBob and she takes orders from a real customer. SpongeBob continues to act really annoying without anything being funny. Mrs. Puff randomly trips on a barrel while bringing the order to one of the customers. We get another really boring, over the top, unfunny scene and they somehow end up on the Krusty Krab's ceiling and then fall down and the patty somehow ends up on the customer's plate. Mrs. Puff gets so infuriated and pissed off that she puffs up and bounces out of the Krusty Krab to her boat and tears up the note that SpongeBob gave her.

A police officer sees that Mrs. Puff threw the note onto the ground and arrests her for littering. Mrs. Puff is actually happy when she hears what will happen to her because she thinks that she will finally get away from SpongeBob though I can't believe she didn't remember when SpongeBob and Patrick kept trying to get her out in "Doing Time." Continuity thrown out the window yet again. Figures. At least she will finally be happy right......WRONG.

Mrs. Puff has to take traffic school lessons in jail, which kinda doesn't make any sense, and guess who's teaching the courses? SpongeBob of all people and it turns out that the note he was trying to give her was basically explaining that he was going to follow in her footsteps to become a drivers ed teacher for the summer. I have no words for how incredibly stupid this ending is. I think it's one of the worst endings to an episode EVER and that and the many other things wrong with this episode really makes it worthy of having such a spot on my list. Terrible, terrible ending.

Spongebob is drawn so horribly in that last pic omg

Leedles

Leedle
BabySmitty said:
The "Patrick's single tooth" thing doesn't bother me. It's been used since the early days, and it's led to a lot of funny expressions.

"May I take your hat, sir?"

Spongebob is drawn so horribly in that last pic omg
Stop...bumping...

More

VIP
BabySmitty said:
Where did you get that conclusion from? You're talking abut an outdated comment that had nothing to do with that.

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
You know, if you wanted to talk about this list, you could have at least written down the episodes in an original post instead of trying to quote almost every one of Popeye's reviews.

Turning notifications off for this one.

spongebranch

Banished
Popeyes Haunted Barnacles said:
Getting this one out of the way now. This will be the last Season 4 episode to appear on this list because I don't feel that there's anything else too bad or heinous from that season that I'd want to include here. Just look at what's already made it onto the list. It's also the last episode I'm going to talk about until we really really start heading into the bottom 20. Gulp! I've actually talked about this episode before in another topic I made but I didn't feel like trying to find it and I wanted to talk about the episode again as I rewatch it to make sure my thoughts on it are as fresh as they can be.

3.png

Written by Casey Alexander, Chris Mitchell, and Dani Michaeli

Storyboards by Casey Alexander and Chris Mitchell

SBMania Rating: 4.0

There is just so much wrong with this episode that I really felt that it was almost bad enough to make the cut for the Top 20. Really, I think "All That Glitters" and this episode are the two worst episodes from Season 4 period. Things are really starting to get more interesting as there becomes a lot more stuff for me to rant about. Pretty much this episode is the epitomy of what people refer to when they think of Squidward torture episodes and it's no wonder too.

The episode starts out with Squidward waking up and finding SpongeBob out of nowhere who has been waiting for Squidward the entire time to wake up. Holy crap!!!!!!!!! Are they trying to turn SpongeBob into a creepy stalker this early??????????????? WOW. This is behavior that I'd expect from him more in Season 6 than anything else. Only a couple of seconds in and I already hate this episode a lot because of how terrible SpongeBob's characterization is.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=gEN%2BQvificBQ5NTT6M1z7LThyGu%2FD%2BxS3B3661Y95UI%3D

SpongeBob just won't leave Squidward alone. He even hides underneath the ground just to ask Squidward if he wants to play with him.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=j672J2NargSPz4R%2FYt0RqMZ%2FAaGsivdbxqaP0qe7MOo%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=wwGVP2kdk%2BYOCpeNiVyFJ7rveJvFX9UAgr68yVFiatI%3D

The episode only gets creepier from here. Again, I'll let these framegrabs do the talking.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=VVBPxIUCnKsohPV5bWzgYeOjVcHgfUrpSmV5dozF0c4%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=RcCNtdqyoqV8zQuu%2FnRCp7IveAZOfCRSLut3ii6wPZk%3D

(uh oh, "Squid's Visit" rearing it's ugly head in)

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=87VXIqmdtMegnNxHVD52bMPlE%2BlzD17M4%2BltdIWd5zY%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=WD%2F2PIAgKNmDp25aaOIZ%2FOM79UlKvARMi%2BEgohY43S4%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=Im%2BB%2Bpc0%2BfBTt58XFB5zDSQsuwH%2Bumj7iPkcjH4AYx8%3D

(oh great, "Boating Buddies" makes an appearance in this episode too)

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=4yoBRE1VMXqhc0rOGNlRSrIzlSJ9jeYuYRmGYVDAZjY%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=cYBbkM5PFIXVi3L1MGPKfzCs5XJuhcLEQlRyELvxjZ8%3D

(Can't the Sponge just take a hint? Squiddy just yelled at him from the top of his lungs and he still doesn't listen. It's like that scene in "Good Neighbors" but they made SpongeBob's characterization much worse in this episode than in "Good Neighbors" where he had good intentions at least. Poor Rodger Bumpass and his vocal cords)

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=9NwvyarwLmfmMjwMSrFUWK4Ka0p9hTOQ14pW6DEWkXo%3D

("Something tells me that Squidward doesn't want to play with me today." No ::dolphin noise:: sherlock. Took you long enough to figure that out)
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=vUZkniKegT03BXqdmnG0ZF%2F9aJKj1FSKm894vumzp%2B0%3D

(ummmmmm......"Choir Boys" is in this episode too? Three later episodes referenced before they were even made. This episode is just too good with its predictive powers.)

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=nermD%2B4zikWjligkejLUasDVVTwlveL6pMhm4RjehU8%3D

Ehhhhhhhhh.......yeah. Isn't this going a bit too far for you, SpongeBob? I mean harassing Squidward this much just to play with you??????? Come on dude. Seriously. Calm down.

SpongeBob then comes up with the idea to make a mini Squidward to play with and this is where the episode just becomes annoying, stupid and unfunny and understandably Patrick's dumb enough to think that Mini Squid is the real Squidward. When SpongeBob takes Mini Squid to the Krusty Krab, everyone starts thinking that it's the real Squidward too. WHAT????????????????!!!!!!!!!! This is just so incredibly dumb on top of all the stuff Squidward suffered in this episode earlier.

At least Mini Squid is doing Squidward's work so that he can relax and take the day off. Okay, maybe this episode isn't so bad after all. Review over.

Just kidding. There's still more to go here.

SpongeBob and Mini Squid make Krabby Patties and he sends Mini Squid out to serve them, telling Squidward's joke wrong and making the customers laugh. Makes no sense really. And then Mini Squid gets a 300 dollar tip??????? This is just getting too idiotic to talk about. I really hate this episode and I don't know if I can even finish watching this one without going insane.

Even Mr. Krabs prefers Mini Squid and the townspeople continue to act like jerks and ::dophin noises:: for no reason. I admit the dancing scene wasn't too bad. Probably one of the few saving graces in this lame excuse for an episode and then even that scene is ruined when another jerk tells Squidward that he has no talent and another ::dolphin noise:: tells Squidward that he should get sized reduction surgery so he'll dance better. Okay, this is also getting really mean spirited too that I don't know if I can take any more of this.

Mini Squid and the customers continue to dance and Squidward just snaps, attacking Mini Squid when out of nowhere, a music agent steps in just to tell him that he's offering Mini Squid a million dollar contract. The music agent also acts like a ::dolphin noise:: and tells Squidward that he won't be seeing him at the Clammy Awards and he does it in such a really mean way.

Squidward cries because his dreams have been crushed and again, out of nowhere SpongeBob tells Squidward that he has something "even better" and pulls out a mini wooden version of himself. I didn't see that coming. Groan.

This episode is full of stupidity, mean spirited jokes and characters, and a really poorly characterized SpongeBob. Don't watch it. Please. Thankfully "The Pink Purloiner" is a much much better episode so I recommend that you check that one out instead when it comes to this pairing of eps.

Tomorrow I'll be posting #20 on here. I told you things were going to start getting really bumpy quick on my countdown. Stay tuned for more rants and more bad episodes to talk about.
LOL THE PINK PURLOINER IMAGES

Back