Popeye Draws

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Self explanatory. I'll draw whatever crap pops into my head and post it here when I feel like it. When I'm not so busy, I might post some stuff here from now on rather than making different topics. I still wanna do Prez's idea of Squidward owning Bugs Bunny.

This doesn't really have anything to do with SpongeBob but it was a request I got on DeviantArt.

It features the guy from that Gene Deitch Tom and Jerry short who looks a lot like Clint Clobber to me and Bubbie from Flapjack.

Also I accidentally gave him two feet instead of drawing the peg leg but I didn't really notice until after the fact. Discovering how to use the pen tool has made my life so much easier and also having a better understanding tablet pressure sensitivity and having a better tablet too now.

The rough drawing and inking were done in Illustrator, clean up and coloring in Photoshop. Sorry it took a month for me to post anything here but I was really busy with school. The title of this one is "The Old Deranged Man and the Sea."

the_old_deranged_man_and_the_sea_by_oopadoopabooga-d89v02e.jpg

I wanna keep the content going so here's a random one I did today out of boredom.

I wish I could post some of my edgier stuff here but I wanna respect the site rules so yeah.

And also an oldie but a goodie at the bottom.
"Wizard Design."

Self explanatory. More drawing with my new caligraphic brushes in Adobe Illustrator.

wizard_design_by_oopadoopabooga-d8ajfv5.jpg

and a SpongeBob one I did like a month or two ago. This was before I really figured out how to get the linework the way I wanted to so it's much sketchier. It's been a trial and error process ever since I started working with Adobe tools since the summer. Before I was doing drawings on Sketchbook Pro on the Android tablet and just plain old pencil and paper before this year.

"Squidward's Life Coach."

Completely don't know how to draw either of these characters. Lol. Did these without looking at any reference whatsoever and the poses came completely from my head so yeah. Last ::dolphin noise:: doodle for the night.

squidward_s_life_coach_by_oopadoopabooga-d83tt2w.jpg

I really ought to do another SpongeBob one except with all the newfound knowledge I have with the tools I'm working with.

Finally, an inking I did of one of Paul Tibbitt's drawings a long while ago.

inking_practice__paul_tibbitt_patrick_doodle_by_iyamthecoltraneman-d7um4ft.jpg

Guess who?

star_butterfly_rough_study_by_oopadoopabooga-d8f8skk.jpg
Not really complete and I just copied a pose from the first episode. Did this rough in Illustrator. Was gonna ink this but I have other things to do and Adobe Flash keeps crashing when I try opening the program Tried out this new pen I got today and it felt so strange using it. It's compatible with my Wacom tablet but it took me a while to get the settings working the way I wanted and even then it felt completely different from the one I was using before. I'm definitely going to see if maybe my other pen's still around somewhere which I suspect it could be.
Main reason I did this was because I had an idea to do a single panel gag cartoon with this character and someone that I truly despise which I'm not gonna spoil here yet until it's done.

Katniss

totally coral
Popeye Q. Krabs said:
Guess who?

star_butterfly_rough_study_by_oopadoopabooga-d8f8skk.jpg
Not really complete and I just copied a pose from the first episode. Did this rough in Illustrator. Was gonna ink this but I have other things to do and Adobe Flash keeps crashing when I try opening the program Tried out this new pen I got today and it felt so strange using it. It's compatible with my Wacom tablet but it took me a while to get the settings working the way I wanted and even then it felt completely different from the one I was using before. I'm definitely going to see if maybe my other pen's still around somewhere which I suspect it could be.
Main reason I did this was because I had an idea to do a single panel gag cartoon with this character and someone that I truly despise which I'm not gonna spoil here yet until it's done.
Nice work so far :D

Back