Poll On How Much You Liked SOOW

How Much Did You Like Sponge Out Of Water?

• Total voters

Knucklehead McSpazatron

Floating Shopping List
I'll have to go with a 7.

There were a few things about it that bummed me out, namely the route they went with Plankton's character (I miss his blatant sociopathy) and the fact that the entire premise was based on the Krabby Patty formula... again. :patboo:

Regardless, it's SpongeBob, so I enjoyed it.

toasterstrutel

Krabby Patty Burglar
An 8. It's story pleased me, I liked the callbacks and I laughed. The animated bits were a lot better than the live action parts, but I loved the birds.

WhoWantsStancakes

5.7/10.

While the animation is beautiful and there are some great gags in the film, it falls flat and is underwhelming in several aspects. The plot feels like several episodes hamstrung together in haste. Like, the apocalypse was sudden and they should've had a sequence where they developed the situation. Karen basically murdering herself is never mentioned again. Them meeting Bubbles, while funny, is just a plot device to give them a reason to breath on land. The time-travel scenario is just 20 minutes of them doing stuff that is ultimately inconsequential to the plot. Mr. Krabs and Squidward preparing to squish SpongeBob is immediately dropped as soon as they smell Krabby Patties, and so is the apocalypse.. Why is he okay with teaming up with them, and why aren't there any repurcussions of the apoclaypse? What do I think they should've done? Maybe something to do more with time travel or something.. The formula shouldn't have even been involved at all, and it just makes the whole concept of the movie seem very cheap and a retread in some aspects of the first one. Burger-Beard, while Antonio Banderas' performance was great, wasn't very developed and wasn't that memorable of a villain. Setting it completely underwater would've had a more solid story structure, because well, they didn't have any plot reason for them to go onto land, besides marketing... It was really sudden and just threw me out of the plot. When they became superheroes as well, it was increasingly obivous the executives went to Hillenburg/Tibbit and said "Hey, those new fangled Marvel movies are doing well, have them become superheroes." (Also, their designs are just ugly when they're supheroes..) A more prominent flaw in the writing was how SpongeBob's characterization was kinda off, at least compared to Pre-Movie. See, SpongeBob is a childlike, inquisitive optimist, but in the movie, he's blindly optimistic and just really stupid in some sequences of the movie. When he asked Plankton if they outlawed clothes in the future, it seemed to me like the writers didn't understand how to write his character and thought he was stupid... I also don't like Patrick's jerky tinge they added to him here. Why would SpongeBob wanna remain friends with a moron who backstabbed him multiple times? And I get it, it's funny and he has a reason to, but geez.

On a more superficial level, some of the fart jokes such as the ketchup and mustard bit were just not funny..

Oh, and now for the MAJOR plot hole- How are SpongeBob and friends both a fictional story Burger-Beard can write, and they both exist at the same time?

It's like Glenn Burger and Johnathan Aibel treat us like we're stupid..

I don't think it was Hillenburg and Tibbit's fault, but it's proof that even if they get a bunch of the old crew back, it won't reach the highs of pre movie.

BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!
WhoWantsStancakes said:
Am I the only one who doesn't love the movie?
Old-Spice-Guy-Head-Nod.gif

abisert

Giant Clam
WhoWantsStancakes said:
5.7/10.

While the animation is beautiful and there are some great gags in the film, it falls flat and is underwhelming in several aspects. The plot feels like several episodes hamstrung together in haste. Like, the apocalypse was sudden and they should've had a sequence where they developed the situation. Karen basically murdering herself is never mentioned again. Them meeting Bubbles, while funny, is just a plot device to give them a reason to breath on land. The time-travel scenario is just 20 minutes of them doing stuff that is ultimately inconsequential to the plot. Mr. Krabs and Squidward preparing to squish SpongeBob is immediately dropped as soon as they smell Krabby Patties, and so is the apocalypse.. Why is he okay with teaming up with them, and why aren't there any repurcussions of the apoclaypse? What do I think they should've done? Maybe something to do more with time travel or something.. The formula shouldn't have even been involved at all, and it just makes the whole concept of the movie seem very cheap and a retread in some aspects of the first one. Burger-Beard, while Antonio Banderas' performance was great, wasn't very developed and wasn't that memorable of a villain. Setting it completely underwater would've had a more solid story structure, because well, they didn't have any plot reason for them to go onto land, besides marketing... It was really sudden and just threw me out of the plot. When they became superheroes as well, it was increasingly obivous the executives went to Hillenburg/Tibbit and said "Hey, those new fangled Marvel movies are doing well, have them become superheroes." (Also, their designs are just ugly when they're supheroes..) A more prominent flaw in the writing was how SpongeBob's characterization was kinda off, at least compared to Pre-Movie. See, SpongeBob is a childlike, inquisitive optimist, but in the movie, he's blindly optimistic and just really stupid in some sequences of the movie. When he asked Plankton if they outlawed clothes in the future, it seemed to me like the writers didn't understand how to write his character and thought he was stupid... I also don't like Patrick's jerky tinge they added to him here. Why would SpongeBob wanna remain friends with a moron who backstabbed him multiple times? And I get it, it's funny and he has a reason to, but geez.

On a more superficial level, some of the fart jokes such as the ketchup and mustard bit were just not funny..

Oh, and now for the MAJOR plot hole- How are SpongeBob and friends both a fictional story Burger-Beard can write, and they both exist at the same time?

It's like Glenn Burger and Johnathan Aibel treat us like we're stupid..

I don't think it was Hillenburg and Tibbit's fault, but it's proof that even if they get a bunch of the old crew back, it won't reach the highs of pre movie.
Amen. :clapping: :clapping: :bandgeek: :squilliam2:

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
I can't put into words how much I hated this godforesaken movie with every ounce of my being. Gorgeous art and great animation were wasted on a painfully unfunny script and some of the most grossly contrived pathos I've ever had the misfortune to witness.

Fred Mercury

Mylegian Rhapsody
i guess who vote the lowest score (1) is babysmitty :p

9/10

because:

- more comedy
- major role of main characters
- better animation
- more references of previous episodes

weakness:

- weak plot than the first one

Jard

Imitation Krab
8.5/10 but rounded it to a 9. Would be a 10 if Antonio's character was toned down, the seagulls stayed quiet, and the rap battle was nonexistent.

Supmandude

Squog

How in the world is that a plothole? It's just a creative idea for a fictional universe. Have you ever owned a magical book? If not, you don't really get a say in its rules.

It's like saying the whole show is a plothole, because real sponges don't talk.

Back