PoliticalPat's Bottom 20 Spongebob Episodes of Bad SB

WhosTheRealPinheadPatrick?

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Hello everybody, and welcome to my bottom 20 Spongebob episodes of all time (so far). This list is from Seasons 6-8, the commonly stated bad seasons. With that out of the way, let's get to the ratings! The ratings are: Gold, Good, Average, Meh, Bad, Abysmal and sCumBob. So, without further ado... the list begins! (Also, let me know if you want to see other lists! Alright, alright, no more stalling, let's go!)
2.png
Grooming Gary

Alright, so this episode is ki-i-i-inda overrated. I watched this when it came out, and I was BORED OUT OF MY MIND! I just didn't like the story, the ending, or the fact it rips off another episode! So, let's get to the details of why I don't like it. I know this is a minor nitpick, but Gary's hair just doesn't suit him AT ALL. He looks like a failing 1990s rockstar, and the general design of him being half cutesey, and half... well 1990s rockstarish, makes him a bit of an eyesore. But that's just the minor problems. Like in The Great Snail Race, Spongebob is completely ignorant of Gary's feelings. I hate this kind of plot, because of: A. The unoriginality, and B. The unnecessary Gary torture. So, overall, this episode isn't too bad, because it had some good parts, like Spongebob translating Gary's speech, and the diamond necklace. So overall I give it a Bad.

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Howdy folks! Today I'm going to be telling you something new. (Don't worry, this is the last prologue for a while.) From now on, I will be having a list showing every episode in a spoiler.
1.png
Karate Star
So, this episode is kind of a weird one. Part of me really wants to enjoy this episode, but I can't get over the fact that Patrick almost killed a BABY. I mean, I understand why that scene is there, but afterwards, Patrick doesn't really care! To sum this episode up, it's half a Pat's a ::dolphin noise:: episode, and a property destruction episode. The first half is a very delicate plot point that can only work with well, hard work, and the other half is very unoriginal for this series, and gets old very, VERY quickly. Alright, to sum this episode up, I'd say it has one or two jokes, like this one: "SpongeBob: What did I tell you? Patrick: I'm a genius. SpongeBob: Not that, this. (Hits play button on tape recorder) SpongeBob recording: With power comes responsibility. SpongeBob: That means no chopping of other lifeforms or their property, you understand? Patrick: Yes. SpongeBob: Good. (Watch beeps) Oh man, I'm late for work! See you later, buddy, don't forget what I said! (Leaves) Patrick: OK. I'm a genius!" That was hilarious. The joke may not save the episode, but it bumps it up to #19. I give this episode a slightly enjoyable Bad.

Bad:
#20: Grooming Gary
#19: Karate Star

Bomb-Selling Pirate
2.png
Nautical Novice
You know, if I ever make a Top 10 Best of these three seasons (which I want to do), without it's glaring problem, this would've been an honourable mention, or #10. What's the glaring problem you're asking? The ENDING.
Ok, so before we get to the ending, let me tell you the other problems with the episode. Spongebob is a big snob when he gains the knowlegdge, and doesn't act as humble as pre-movie Spongebob probably would, but I can look past that minor setback. Another reason this episode doesn't work, is because of how Spongebob looks. I don't know what it is, but he looks off. Just look at this.
165.jpg

Unsettling, to say the least. Anyways, I do like a bit of the episode, but the part I like leads to the main problem. The boat scene at the end of the episode was so cool! I really enjoyed the fact that Spongebob got his license, and that Mrs. Puff finally got to teach other fish...

Wait, that didn't happen? Oh yeah, the ending. It turns out that Spongebob wasn't controlling the boat, and that a fish in a small boat was tugging the ship to Bikini Bottom. All fine and good right? Wrong. We didn't even see the boat in earlier frames, and the show just contradicted itself with it's own animation! I hate that part, and it stained what could've been a Good episode. But because of that, it's a very light Abysmal episode. At least Spongebob got ice cream.

Bad:
Abysmal:
#18 Nautical Novice.

Patrick B!

Floating Shopping List
PoliticalPatrick said:
2.png
Nautical Novice
You know, if I ever make a Top 10 Best of these three seasons (which I want to do), without it's glaring problem, this would've been an honourable mention, or #10. What's the glaring problem you're asking? The ENDING.
Ok, so before we get to the ending, let me tell you the other problems with the episode. Spongebob is a big snob when he gains the knowlegdge, and doesn't act as humble as pre-movie Spongebob probably would, but I can look past that minor setback. Another reason this episode doesn't work, is because of how Spongebob looks. I don't know what it is, but he looks off. Just look at this.
165.jpg

Unsettling, to say the least. Anyways, I do like a bit of the episode, but the part I like leads to the main problem. The boat scene at the end of the episode was so cool! I really enjoyed the fact that Spongebob got his license, and that Mrs. Puff finally got to teach other fish...

Wait, that didn't happen? Oh yeah, the ending. It turns out that Spongebob wasn't controlling the boat, and that a fish in a small boat was tugging the ship to Bikini Bottom. All fine and good right? Wrong. We didn't even see the boat in earlier frames, and the show just contradicted itself with it's own animation! I hate that part, and it stained what could've been a Good episode. But because of that, it's a very light Abysmal episode. At least Spongebob got ice cream.

Bad:
Abysmal:
#18 Nautical Novice.
I hate how everyone says Nautical Novice is one of the worst episodes ever because of the ending, the ending is terrible, yes, but how does it make the whole episode terrible? You're judging an episode because of one part. Are you proud of yourself?

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Patrick B! said:
I hate how everyone says Nautical Novice is one of the worst episodes ever because of the ending, the ending is terrible, yes, but how does it make the whole episode terrible? You're judging an episode because of one part. Are you proud of yourself?
Yes. :)

Patrick B!

Floating Shopping List
PoliticalPatrick said:
Why? I don't think you should judge an episode by one part of it, I'm surprised Gone isn't as infamous, because it's ending gets more hate. You're basically saying that every good episode with a bad ending is a bad episode. I would give NN a 7/10, because of the ending, but saying it's abysmal because of one :dolphin noise: part is a pretty weak claim.

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Patrick B! said:
Why? I don't think you should judge an episode by one part of it, I'm surprised Gone isn't as infamous, because it's ending gets more hate. You're basically saying that every good episode with a bad ending is a bad episode. I would give NN a 7/10, because of the ending, but saying it's abysmal because of one :dolphin noise: part is a pretty weak claim.
Ok, ok. I said that this episode has different problems. If the episode didn't have the other problems, it'd be an Average episode.

Patrick B!

Floating Shopping List
You just said that the ending ruined the entire episode, and your only other two criticisms where even weaker:
1. SpongeBob's Actions - Yes, you said a bit when he's knowledgable, but this isn't as bad as Demolition Doofus OR A Pal for Gary.
2. SpongeBob's Look - This is extremely weak. SpongeBob looks off in a lot of episodes, even good ones like Fear of a Krabby Patty.

Back