Plankton is getting a spin-off movie

PinkPugPrincess

Baby Patrick Star
Staff
The film's name is Plankton, and along with Saving Bikini Bottom: The Sandy Cheeks Movie, it will be released exclusively on Paramount+ in the United States.

Last edited:

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Ooh sounds interesting, I wonder what the plot will be. I'm hoping that it's something beyond just trying to get the secret formula, or at least that it has more elements than just that one, because that could just be an episode.

Aren't there going to be 3 spin-off movies? We've got Plankton and Sandy, do we know who the other one will be about? For some reason I'm thinking I've heard Squidward being thrown around.

PinkPugPrincess

Baby Patrick Star
Staff
Ooh sounds interesting, I wonder what the plot will be. I'm hoping that it's something beyond just trying to get the secret formula, or at least that it has more elements than just that one, because that could just be an episode.

Aren't there going to be 3 spin-off movies? We've got Plankton and Sandy, do we know who the other one will be about? For some reason I'm thinking I've heard Squidward being thrown around.
Yes. When more details on the third spin-off movie are revealed, I will make another thread.

SuperSponge1234

Dead Inspector

Maybe a character arc for plankton Maybe

SauceBucketz

Baby Clam
so... here's the tea:
earlier this year in august, filming was done in malibu, CA for a project simply titled "PLANKTON". so..... it's likely that the movie will be more than just a "plankton trying to get the formula and getting stomped on" plot. and if it is, at least it will have some cool live action sequences and be a really fleshed out "plankton trying to get the formula and getting stomped on" plot. doug lawrence was on set and in costume (allegedly!1!!1!1) (maybe he was just a stand in or they're pulling a musical and he's a person for some reason idk), so this is definitely for spongebob. unless this is for some episode birthday blowout-style (which isn't likely because nothing like that has been announced (and if it has woopsie)), the upcoming plankton movie will be partially live action. get real.

Last edited:

PinkPugPrincess

Baby Patrick Star
Staff
Please do not attempt to spread false information or I may issue warnings. Doug being on the set in a costume has NOT been confirmed, but once it has, I will include that in a future reply.

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
Please do not attempt to spread false information or I may issue warnings. Doug being on the set in a costume has NOT been confirmed, but once it has, I will include that in a future reply.
dude the movie was insane when plankton said ''it's planktoning time'' and planktoned the whole room, that was some insane stuff, everyone should check this movie OUT. dont forget the moment where @spongie33 walks in and says ''it's planktoning time'' my jaws where on the floor from the shock
this wasnt false info, it was a joke o_O

PinkPugPrincess

Baby Patrick Star
Staff
this wasnt false info, it was a joke o_O
OK. You should've specified that it was a joke somewhen in your reply. If you'd have done that the following reply would've been avoided:

PinkPugPrincess

Baby Patrick Star
Staff
kkk! we should probably delete these messages so people dont get confused lol
OK. Anyways, what do you really legitimately seriously think the movie will be about? The synopsis is currently unknown, but once it has been revealed, I will include it in a future reply.

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
OK. Anyways, what do you really legitimately seriously think the movie will be about? The synopsis is currently unknown, but once it has been revealed, I will include it in a future reply.
- plankton takes a vacation to ''somewhere'' and gets lost and has to find his way back to bikini bottom

Back