Disney Phineas And Ferb Series Review (cancelled)

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
Rollercoaster

Of course this was only just the beginning so compared to what we’d get later, some things are a bit off. For one thing Phineas was kind of sarcastic and less optimistic, and his voice is way different then it is later(and to think Vincent voiced him the whole time). Also some of the regulars we’re used to seeing like Buford and Baljeet weren’t in this episode. Another major omission was the lack of any musical numbers, which would be unthinkable today. Other than those tiny nitpicks, it’s a perfectly solid pilot episode that does a pretty good job introducing audiences to the world of Phineas and Ferb. But this is only the beginning,

overall thoughts: the manga was better

episode score: 8/10

Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror

Ah yes, the episode that gave us the first of Doof’s humble backstories. What I find interesting about this episode is that it’s already the second ever aired (fourth in production, but...) and it’s already trying to change up the ‘formula’, with Candace attempting to keep Linda away from the beach.

overall thoughts: more Doof please

episode score: 9/10

Flop Starz

Another well-remembered episode. It was good for season 1, but it still doesn't hold up so well against the later seasons. This is the episode with the Gitchee Gitchee Goo' song everyone remembers. There's something hilarious about how popular it got, as it sort of validates the entire concept the episode was trying to parody. Ironically Phineas and Ferb's attempt to become one hit wonders, by creating a pop song with a catchy tune and meaningless lyrics, was so successful they actually became one hit wonders in reality, too. We're also introduced for the first time to Candace's interest in music. Of all the possible (non-busting-related) interests that got thrown her way during season 1, this is the one that stuck. Phineas and Ferb leaving her out to dry at the end was a bit cruel, if unintentional. They achieved her dreams for fun and then gave it all up at the end of the day to go do something else.

overall thoughts: the B plot was very weak

episode score: 7/10

The Fast and the Phineas

Despite having 'Phineas' in the title, this is much more of a Candace episode than a Phineas one. Phineas doesn't do much this episode aside from providing the setting. There's not much of a B plot either- something about a deflate-inator? Candace, on the other hand, attempts to bust them no less than 5 times throughout the episode.

overall thoughts: good

Lights, Candace, Action!

Most of the jokes here were largely hit-or-miss, and it does feel like a lot of the punchlines would have been funnier a decade ago than now, but I did find the live-action cut of Ashley Tisdale with the photo of the Alcázar of Segovia to be somewhat amusing. I also want to remark that Phineas did make a decent movie director and Ferb a good practical effects handler and video editor, which was sorta funny in itself because they never went to do it again...

overall thoughts: the episode's name reminds me of that old spongebob game

Raging Bully

any phinbella is good phinbella

overall thoughts: when Phineas and Isabella got together at the end of the show, i played sweet victory in the background

Candace loses her head

I love how Phineas and Ferb for one of their earliest adventures decide (for Candace's birthday) to carve out her face in Mount Rushmore. She is of the same stature to them as George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt are to America. By themselves they shape a mountain. It's very sweet to show how much they care but also slightly terrifying that two boys have this much power, knowledge and skill. I love it.

overall thoughts: loved it

episode score: 9.8/10

Last edited:

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
Great reviews!
I haven't watched Phineas and Ferb for long time so I barely remember these episodes and my opinions on them but I like this show.
It's not one of my favorite shows but it is a very nostalgic and good one so I would like reading reviews about it.

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
Rollercoaster

Of course this was only just the beginning so compared to what we’d get later, some things are a bit off. For one thing Phineas was kind of sarcastic and less optimistic, and his voice is way different then it is later(and to think Vincent voiced him the whole time). Also some of the regulars we’re used to seeing like Buford and Baljeet weren’t in this episode. Another major omission was the lack of any musical numbers, which would be unthinkable today. Other than those tiny nitpicks, it’s a perfectly solid pilot episode that does a pretty good job introducing audiences to the world of Phineas and Ferb. But this is only the beginning,

overall thoughts: the manga was better

Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror

Ah yes, the episode that gave us the first of Doof’s humble backstories. What I find interesting about this episode is that it’s already the second ever aired (fourth in production, but...) and it’s already trying to change up the ‘formula’, with Candace attempting to keep Linda away from the beach.

overall thoughts: more Doof please

Flop Starz

Another well-remembered episode. It was good for season 1, but it still doesn't hold up so well against the later seasons. This is the episode with the Gitchee Gitchee Goo' song everyone remembers. There's something hilarious about how popular it got, as it sort of validates the entire concept the episode was trying to parody. Ironically Phineas and Ferb's attempt to become one hit wonders, by creating a pop song with a catchy tune and meaningless lyrics, was so successful they actually became one hit wonders in reality, too. We're also introduced for the first time to Candace's interest in music. Of all the possible (non-busting-related) interests that got thrown her way during season 1, this is the one that stuck. Phineas and Ferb leaving her out to dry at the end was a bit cruel, if unintentional. They achieved her dreams for fun and then gave it all up at the end of the day to go do something else.

overall thoughts: the B plot was very weak

episode score: 7/10

The Fast and the Phineas

Despite having 'Phineas' in the title, this is much more of a Candace episode than a Phineas one. Phineas doesn't do much this episode aside from providing the setting. There's not much of a B plot either- something about a deflate-inator? Candace, on the other hand, attempts to bust them no less than 5 times throughout the episode.

overall thoughts: good

Lights, Candace, Action!

Most of the jokes here were largely hit-or-miss, and it does feel like a lot of the punchlines would have been funnier a decade ago than now, but I did find the live-action cut of Ashley Tisdale with the photo of the Alcázar of Segovia to be somewhat amusing. I also want to remark that Phineas did make a decent movie director and Ferb a good practical effects handler and video editor, which was sorta funny in itself because they never went to do it again...

overall thoughts: the episode's name reminds me of that old spongebob game

Raging Bully

more phinbella is good phinbella

overall thoughts: when Phineas and Isabella got together at the end of the show, i played sweet victory in the background

Candace loses her head

I love how Phineas and Ferb for one of their earliest adventures decide (for Candace's birthday) to carve out her face in Mount Rushmore. She is of the same stature to them as George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt are to America. By themselves they shape a mountain. It's very sweet to show how much they care but also slightly terrifying that two boys have this much power, knowledge and skill. I love it.

overall thoughts: loved it

episode score: 9.8/10
the series review has been cancelled/postponed (i may come back to it in the future, maybe in a year or two)

Back