Petition to ban the Spongebob Episode 'One Coarse Meal'

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Someone made a petition to ban the infamous 'One Coarse Meal' from TV. Would anyone like to participate?

(BTW, I didn't make this petition. Someone else did it, and as a nice favor for them (and because I want the episode itself banned), I'm just spreading the word.)

http://fav.me/d72lgbn

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
OK I don't like the episode but instead of banning it from TV, for those who actually like it, JUST CHANGE THE CHANNEL! Don't make a petition to get it banned from TV. Wow I never thought I'd be defending one of the worst episodes ever (considered by everyone) but I am. Just don't make a mountain out of a molehill people, please!

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQyDNs8ZzHI

Not liking an episode is one thing. Starting/signing a petition to ban an episode because you don't like it is quite another. This is no better than people who start petitions to get SpongeBob as a whole banned IMO. Don't like it, don't watch it. That's what I do with episodes that bother me.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
I think the petition makes a good point, but I also think people here have a good point. I'm leaning more towards the just-ignore-it side, though.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Wait...One Coarse Meal over Dear Vikings? I'm surprised.

There's really not a single episode that I hate or just think that shouldn't be there, unlike several years ago. If there's an episode that doesn't get me to laugh, even once, then I just have to say 'nice try' and move onto the next one. Nothing to make a petition over.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
I don't think it's necessarily the fact that people just don't like it. I think it's more or less coming from the fact that the episode treats depression and suicide like a laughing matter. And to some people, especially people who had a loved one who killed themselves or suffered depression, treating suicide and depression is absolutely sickening and disgusting. I kind of signed the petition mainly because of how unnecessarily cruel, sadistic, and insulting it is, but now that I think about it, maybe I shouldn't have signed it, since there are people who actually like the episode. I've never had a family member who killed themselves due to depression, but the thought of making fun of people who actually do get depressed to the point where they just can't take it anymore is absolutely sickening. So, I can understand both sides of the argument. I don't think it's right to take away something that other people like for your own sake, but I can understand why these people would want the episode to be banned.

MadFred

ooooooofy day
christmasisawesome22 said:
I hope it gets banned. It's my 3rd least favorite episode, beaten only by Good Neighbors and Squid's Visit.
It's not the best arguement. I don't like football, but hey, I don't force people into not playing it.
(And yes, I do hate this episode, and it's probably my second or third least favorite.)

crushingmayhem

Krabby Patty Burglar
Petitions rarely work, the only solution is to change the channel and not watch it at all. It's not that hard to do.

Cha

I love SBM
I never thought the episode was that bad..

Sorry people but I do think It should be banned. I mean a suicide attempt in a kids show, seriously? I agree that people who don't want to see this episode on TV should change the channel but kids watch SpongeBob too and that's why I think It should be banned.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
By this logic they should also ban "Something Smells" (two fish intentionally impale themselves on a fishing hook and get dragged to the surface aka death), "Dunces and Dragons" (guy tries to stab himself in the neck with a spear but holds back just in time; "some day, but not today"), "Sing a Song of Patrick" (pilots deliberately crash their plane) and, of course, "Are You Happy Now?".

While we're at it let's ban "Doing Time" for the police brutality joke ("We're gonna straighten you out"), "Little Yellow Book" for the implied murder ("I had a brother once") and "Nasty Patty" for the attempt to get away with manslaughter.

The point I'm trying to make is that people seem illogically opposed to "One Coarse Meal" in particular. While these kinds of morbid jokes aren't always to my taste, and I flat-out refuse to watch "Are You Happy Now?" because of them, they're hardly unique to this one episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back