People who have been in this fandom pre-2013, was post-movie really hated that much before mrenter a

CyborgSea

Floating Shopping List
I wasn't in the fandom back then, and I certainly wasn't in it when Season 4 first aired. Did post-movie always get the amount of hate it does now or did Mr.Enter, PIEGUY, etc. cause people to start attacking it?

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
I'm sure it was still there. I remember back when I was on Nick.com, I heard some people on the Nick Message Boards saying that the Spongebob episodes after the movie were not that good. It wasn't as much as when MrEnter and Mobros came to be popular, but it was still there.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Before Mr. Enter, MoBros etc. A lot of people were saying that SpongeBob went downhill, not as extreme as a few years back though. People would still say that some episodes were good, heck, (most) people liked Choir Boys when it came out.

Hazmart

Moby Dollar
In the case of Latin America (Place where the american youtubers are not popular) There was always that hate, and is still here.

The Navy

Banished
From what I recall there was a decent amount of post-movie hate but people still acknowledged the good episodes here and there and whatever the current season we were in was considered an improvement. I also remember Truth or Square being well liked and like no one gave a ::dolphin noise:: about A Pal for Gary or One Course Meal.

Enter popped up around December 2013 (that's when I discovered him)

CyborgSea

Floating Shopping List
Wubbalubbadubbdubb said:
From what I recall there was a decent amount of post-movie hate but people still acknowledged the good episodes here and there and whatever the current season we were in was considered an improvement. I also remember Truth or Square being well liked and like no one gave a ::dolphin noise:: about A Pal for Gary or One Course Meal.

Enter popped up around December 2013 (that's when I discovered him)
Yeah, I never got to experience the fandom before he came around but he was really harsh on some episodes that from the looks of nobody used to talk about or people liked. I feel like a lot of people now just blindly follow his opinion, saying episodes are bad or good because he thinks they are =/

The Navy

Banished
CyborgSea said:
Yeah, I never got to experience the fandom before he came around but he was really harsh on some episodes that from the looks of nobody used to talk about or people liked. I feel like a lot of people now just blindly follow his opinion, saying episodes are bad or good because he thinks they are =/
Enter hasn't been relevant in a year and a half. He lost a good chunk of his fanbase in early 2015 (me included)

There always was lots of post-movie hate. Enter and MoBros basically just did a Colbert Bump of sorts to the hate. The bitter feelings have been there since the beginning, just not as noticeable.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Well, the hate, surprisingly existed before MoBros Studios and Mr. Enter were even a thing. But, the hate wasn't as all over the place and the worst people said was the characters getting more stupid, gross out humor, not as funny, and simply annoying. But, ever since they came, the hate got even worse with nearly everyone singling out the same episodes over and over again, talking trash about the writers (even harshly boasting about them being gone), and taking episodes too seriously.

Let's not forget that some episodes were just forgotten, like Bubble Troubles and Pet Sitter Pat, or even considered good, like Oral Report and Karate Star, but thanks to them, episodes like these have received a massive amount of unnecessary hate.

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
I remember going across YouTube comment sections circa 2011, that pretty much all post-movie criticism I saw was mostly older SpongeBob fans (not stereotyping or insulting, but '90s kids and fans who grew up with the show when the first three seasons were new) just saying how they miss the old days, despising anything past the first movie, except for maybe early Season 4 at times. Believe it or not, the first positive post-movie comment I've seen from someone, ever was a thread here from November 2012 (you know what it is). Mr. Enter and MoBros then promptly expanded on this.

In the places I might have not visited much, I'm sure there were some criticisms of episodes that were unpopular then, but things might have changed.

Pikablu183

Imitation Krab
I don't think opinions really changed, but MoBros and Enter made people talk about it. I was young when the movie aired, still in elementary school. But the change was apparent as season 4 and 5 were airing. Classmates talked about cartoons a lot, and they were saying they didn't like some of the SpongeBob episodes. When I went over to a friends house or they came to mine and we watched TV we'd always go for the older episodes. People on the nick.com message boards discussed how the old episodes were the best. So, that's how it was when I was a kid. When I started going on the internet more as seasons 5-7 were airing I'd see people saying things like "I miss the old Spongebob" or "I don't like the show anymore." It wasn't anywhere near as talked about as it is now though. At least from my experience as a youngling.

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
On tv.com there where even some topics made around 2009 that didn't like the new episodes but Mobrosstudios and Mr enter made it even worse in 2012-2013

iPlankton

The Original Single-Celled Organism
I don't know who mrenter or mobros are, but I promise they didn't contribute that much at all to opinions of seasons 4+. Some people have always had a distaste for them. Personally I think season 4 is classic-tier and thereve been some great shorts since.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
The hate was always there, but I think the YouTube reviews and rants have made it more specifically targeted at certain aspects of the show. Certain episodes suddenly became infamous out of nowhere, people started hounding specific writers directly on social media, people started caring about whether Squidward was being mistreated or Patrick was being a jerk etc.

Cha

I love SBM
One Coarse Meal basically blew up and became the new Dear Vikings/The Splinter after the reviews.

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
Post-movie was always generally seen as inferior to episodes before the movie on the Internet, even back in what people consider better post-movie days, like Season 4 and 5. I don't think much attention was paid to the really bad episodes and who wrote them until reviews like those started popping up.

Back