Paper Mario

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
What do you think of the series? Do you play Paper Mario? I love Paper Mario and pretty much every Mario RPG, here's what I think of all the games:

Paper Mario: Awesome! (The beginning and my personal favorite, it's not the best, but has a lot of charm as an RPG)

Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door: Amazing! (The best without a doubt, great story, great gameplay, it just can't get better)

Super Paper Mario: Awesome! (Really fun, new formula, but there are still elements, and with that story, I can't but not put it on the same level as the first one)

Paper Mario Sticker Star: Meh... (Disappointing, no partners, no good story, and lackluster game play, not that good)

Paper Mario Colour Splash: Good! (A step up, battling does something, and I like Huey, story is decent, but could be better, however I LOVE the writing)

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Color Splash is the only one I played. Great and overhated game. Although there's two levels in it that I hate, the rest of the game is amazing imo

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Wintermelon43 said:
Color Splash is the only one I played. Great and overhated game. Although there's two levels in it that I hate, the rest of the game is amazing imo
You should definitely play the first three! Then you could kinda get a glimpse of why the game was hated. To be honest, playing only that one and not the others is like the equivalent to reading the last 3 chapters to a 15 chapter novel, just by my experience.

nobody

Imitation Krab
I remember playing The Thousand Year Door and half of Super Paper Mario and they were childhood favorites of mine. As for the rest, I didn't play them since I didn't own the platform they're on.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
nobody said:
I remember playing The Thousand Year Door and half of Super Paper Mario and they were childhood favorites of mine. As for the rest, I didn't play them since I didn't own the platform they're on.
If you owned Super Paper Mario on the Wii, then the regular Paper Mario was on virtual console, just thought I'd let you know.

crushingmayhem

Krabby Patty Burglar
The original and Thousand Year Door were my favorites. Though, i think TYD was the pinnacle of the series overall since it introduced so many good elements into the series, despite those elements not being present in some of the newer games. I feel like its a series that deserves praise because what's not to love about Mario and RPGs, both are great things in gaming.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
I got Paper Mario 64 on Virtual Console a couple years ago. Like with most RPGs, I didn’t get too far into it (the only RPG I made real progress in was Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, also on Virtual Console), but the music’s great. The best thing about Mario RPGs is that in my time playing them, I never really found them repetitive or tedious.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rqyCk9EfMvk

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
KarateSponge said:
i don't mean to be rude or anything but is making new topics your hobby?
Yeah I like seeing what the community has to say, just wondering.

Also not rude at all (what you did in the 15 Word Story Game is more rude than anything :thumbdown:)

KarateSponge

Parawhore
FinnDinner said:

Also not rude at all (what you did in the 15 Word Story Game is more rude than anything :thumbdown:)
i just think you could tone down on the topics, I've only been back since the 3rd and have started using this account the 6th, it's the 8th now and you've made about 6 or 7 topics in 3 days.

a_load_of_barnacles

Bomb-Selling Pirate

Well I like the new topics, and usually when people start with "not trying to be rude" it turns out rude, intentional or not.

And about Paper Mario, love first two, I got the third when I was younger and hated it so much I returned it the next day, but I need to give it another chance. I lived Sticker Star when I was younger just because it brought back the battle system but looking back on it now it is very lacking. Never played Color Splash though.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Personally, I've only played Super Paper Mario on Wii. Definitely one of my favorite games of all-time. I've beaten it like 3 times. I can't say that with many games.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
ssj4gogita4 said:
Personally, I've only played Super Paper Mario on Wii. Definitely one of my favorite games of all-time. I've beaten it like 3 times. I can't say that with many games.
If you like that game, then you should definitely check out the two before it on N64 and GC, they're even better!

I've played Super Paper Mario, I thought it was neat yet I never got to finishing it. There is definitely a charm to these games though. I love the art styles of the characters! I plan to maybe get The Thousand Year Door to play on original model Wii someday.

I have also heard the recent ones, Sticker Star and Color Splash, are really bad, I've never played them, but I might try it out. I don't really know... :|

Back