Overall thoughts on Season 8

I was just thinking back to season 8 recently (probably because PieGuyRulz's next SpongeBob seasonal review is season 8). I was wondering, what do you people think about season 8. Is it good? Is it bad? Meh? I think it's meh imo. Do you have a favorite episode and a least favorite episode? An underrated episode? Guilty Pleasure Let me know your thoughts on season 8.

Favorite episodes: Hello Bikini Bottom! Planet of the Jellyfish and Frozen Face Off!

Least favorite: Pet Sitter Pat and Smooth Jazz @ Bikini Bottom

Guilty Pleasure: Face Freeze!

Underrated: Frozen Face Off! (Love the episode)

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
Eh, it's an OK season. There were plenty of gems, and some atrocities, but a lot of the season remains somewhat bland.

Favorite Episode: Hello Bikini Bottom! With both a great story and one of my favorite SB songs of all time, this is one of the best post 1st movie specials.
Least favorite: Smoothe Jazz @ Bikini Bottom. Very boring, maybe 2 good jokes, premise seemed interesting, but it was executued poorly.
Guilty Pleasure: Face Freeze! Still find it meh, though. But some of the faces were kinda funny
Underrated: Karen 2.0, Mermaidman Begins. The former I see a few people hate it for somewhat unjustified reasons, and the latter never gets talked about.

dmandaboi

I love SBM
It's meh in my opinion.

Favorites: Frozen Face-Off, A Friendly Game, Planet of the Jellyfish

Least Favorites: Smoothe Jazz @ Bikini Bottom, Squidward's School for Grownups, Are You Happy Now?

Guilty Pleasure: Plankton's Good Eye

Underrated: A Friendly Game

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
I've talked about this season often, and as you may have guessed, it's a pretty good one. It's not often that you hear that, it's at least a step up from Season 7 and is funny as well. Underrated.

Favorites: Most Runaway Roadtrip episodes, a lot of them. Can't name any at this point.

Least favorites: Can't name any.

Underrated: "Patrick's Staycation"

More

VIP
Objectively speaking it's an incredibly mixed bag, consisting of the show's highest highs but also it's lowest lows, albeit most of it's merely repeating past episodes blandly at this point. The animation's getting far more consistent and cleaner, it's toning down heavily on gross-out and pointless annoyances, it's giving far more diversity and interest to most of it's characters and settings to feel fresh and new, and they're throwing in some funny jokes along the way. It legitimately feels like they're trying hard and they're paying off quite often. Although the increase in effort also applies to its stinkers, going all-out as much as possible with stupid and poorly constructed plots and jacking up the cruelty to completely insufferable levels. Just look at any episode starring Patrick and you already have at least a dozen of those, not to mention incredible levels of ignorance and realistic violence

The vast majority of the Season's mediocre and forgettable if anything but I have such strong opinions on this season that I'll make a full countdown of it just to cover how all-over-the-place it is.

SpongyMaterial

Moby Dollar
I loved season 8! I loved many episodes like Oral Report, Planet of the Jellyfish, InSPONGEiac, The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom, Ghoul Fools, A SquarePants Family Vacation, Mermaid Man Begins, and Hello Bikini Bottom! Some episodes were forgettable like The Googly Artiste, Free Samples, For Here or To Go, Sentimental Sponge, and Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation, and there were some I really hated like Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom, Pet Sitter Pat, and Restraining SpongeBob. Nevertheless, I really loved season 8!

My guilty pleasures are Face Freeze!, Oral Report, and Demolition Doofus.

Pinhead Larry

The Fountain of Squidward
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern I
Fave: A Friendly Game - Masterpiece

Least Favorite: Face Freeze - Ridiculous

Guilty Pleasure: The Good Krabby Name - Quite good tbh

Underrated: The Other Patty - Brilliant and one of my faves

Also Good: Move It Or Lose It, Oral Report

Also Bad: Accidents Will Happen, Fiasco!, Squidward's School For Grown Ups AKA Breath of Fresh Squidward-lite - all awful

I started to like this season less and less. Don't get me wrong, it's a good season imo and most of infamous ones are really good. However, it doesn't hold up to me after repeated viewing and I started to realize some of it's problems like stiff animation, Patrick's stupidity and all that. I still think it's an improvement over season 6 and 7 but it's not a massive improvement for the show. Season 9.2 is the kick starter for me.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
The Appetizer said:
Meh season.
Favorite: "Planet of the Jellyfish"
Least Favorite: "Free Samples"
Underrated: "Mermaid Man Begins"
Guilty Pleasure: "Fiasco!"
Free Samples is good :fred: but I respect your opinion.

Hazmart

Moby Dollar
Favorite episode: It's a Spongebob christmas!
Least favorite: Pet sitter pat.
Gulity pleasure: Face freeze.
Underrated: A friendly game.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
Since everyone is doing it

Favorite episode: Planet of the Jellyfish
Least favorite: Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom
Guilty Pleasure: Bubble Troubles
Underrated: Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation

TignoBaiser

Part Computer or Something
Favorite episode: It's A SpongeBob Christmas!
Least favorite: House Sittin' For Sandy
Guilty Pleasure: Bubble Troubles
Underrated: The Good Krabby Name

More

VIP
I guess I'll do this arbitrary chart thingy...

Favorite Episode: Frozen Face-Off
Least Favorite: Pet Sitter Pat
Guilty Pleasure: House Sittin' for Sandy
Underrated: Karen 2.0

Back