Operating System

What's your computer version?

• Total voters

Spongey34

Dafano
Staff
I never said that there weren't, although it doesn't matter.

1- There may not be as many, but there sure is a lot.
2- Most games are online. Yeah, Macs have internet.
3- Its called a gaming system.

The end.

IZ

Mr. Awesome
Spongey34 said:
Yes, but gaming systems you have to shell out another $200-$300 to get one on TOP of the PC you already have. If you play PC games, it saves a lot of money.

Patrick101

Lizard
IZ said:
Spongey34 said:
Yes, but gaming systems you have to shell out another $200-$300 to get one on TOP of the PC you already have. If you play PC games, it saves a lot of money.
Wat kind of Console costs 200 dollars?

IZ

Mr. Awesome
Patrick101 said:
IZ said:
Spongey34 said:
Wat kind of Console costs 200 dollars?
When the gamecube realeased it was $200.

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
I have done it, I have found the earliest post that you can reply on... wow this post is as old as me. I hope these old posts and forum topics stay up for as long as the website does, because this archive of 17 year old information and discussion is pretty intresting to me.

Last edited:

Patrick101

Lizard
I have done t, I have found the earliest post that yo can reply on... wow this post is as old as me. I hope these old posts and forum topics stay up for as long as the website does, because this archive of 17 year old information and discussion is pretty intresting to me.
Alright then madman, listen here
- I was 11, Kevin and David 13 probably (?); 'get home from middle school and argue about operating systems' was just what kids did back when, apparently
- The Windows options stop at XP
- Someone's out there using BeOS and it ain't me
- Where do I find the posts from when I was born... usenet probably? Gonna have to try and find the Nickelodeon newsgroup from all the way back if it exists (bet it does)

There's so much that I could say about the fact I was out running wild online at that age that it could fill a book, probably. I've hardly even talked about it to anyone in a grand sense, or any sense at all except mentioning in passing.

I do know for certain that being around a lot of talented computer-curious people my age at the time, a lot of them being the early members and staff here and at USB, was incredibly nourishing and motivating in a way that could not and would not have been possible otherwise. Especially early in school, it gave me a real leg up over absolutely everybody else. When I interviewed for my job that I worked for my entire undergrad as a sysadmin's minion, I sold myself just talking about all the tinkering and trouble I'd get into with my internet buddies back in 2004 and such.

Anyways to be on topic, I voted Linux. I just use the latest LTS Ubuntu because everyone else that I collaborate with does. I used to use Arch Linux and kept it up to date, but the time I had to downgrade Perl multiple times to get one measly script to play nice was the last straw. I have a Windows PC but that's functionally a gaming console. Linux for work Windows for fun :excited:

FryBob PattyPants

Semi-Anthropomorphic Sponge
macOS Big Sur on my MacBook and subsequently Chrome OS on my school Chromebook.

Back