Operating System

What's your computer version?

• Total voters

SneakyMcSneakyPants

Scary Mustache Guy
I would have to say 40% - 50% of the USA/World has Windows XP. 20% has Windows 95. 20% has Windows 98. 10% has Mac. Whatever is left is windows 2000/Me/NT

-----------------------
[ch]
This poll has been expanded, it now lists the version numbers for each os, the codename for each os, and features several MacOS Milestones, also added are several non mainstream os's, that are without doubt used today. It should be noted that the majority of processors lie in embedded systems, and very few of those use any version of windows. Quite frankly I was appalled to see this poll list such a short list of choices.

For More OS Info, Please Click Here!
[/ch]
Ahh 2004...that was when I used my first ever computer: an HP Pavilion running Windows XP. I got experience with the older versions of Windows (Me then 98 then 95) not too much later thanks to hand-me-downs from relatives.

Myles Sparklighter

Studying silence to learn the music
Just got a new computer recently, and with it, went from Windows 11 on a laptop to Windows 10 Pro on this. I missed 10 tbh

MainlySpoons

Floating Shopping List
All these years and not one mention of the ultimate operating system, TempleOS?

This thread was a good read though. Reminds me of when things like the console wars were popular.

not_rick

Imitation Krab
I started with using Windows XP as a kid, Vista wasn't a thing yet. I used that even when Windows 7 gained majority popularity. After that PC died, I briefly experienced Windows 8 through other people's devices to do schoolwork, until I got my own which quickly switched to Windows 10.

After a few years I decided to switch primarily to Linux and I've been running it for the past few years now. Windows XP is still the Greatest Operating System of All Time

Back