Pinned thread Old Member Reunion Nostalgia Regathering Topic

DJ Sponge

Future Miss Universe
Stephen's death happened in the middle of a very busy period for me work-wise so I didn't drop by this topic but it's good to see familiar names. I have very fond memories of this place and fair dues to the admins for keeping it up after all these years, especially considering forum culture as a whole took a pretty hard nosedive what with reddit and all. Crazy to think that I was 12 when I signed up and 25 now. Linear time huh? What a concept.

I got my masters degree this year and currently working in the digital department of a publishing company, nothing fancy but I'm happy. I haven't watched the show in a loooong time but I saw the 2nd movie and enjoyed it. Given the circumstances I'll probably dive back in at some point. I like that its pretty much common knowledge now that those first three seasons are untouchable comedy-wise - pretty much every few days I remember something from those episodes and giggle.

<3

The Dark Knight

Fashionabluh
giphy-downsized-large.gif

TattleTale Strangler

Normality Impaired
Anyone else read their old posts and become embarrassed by them? haha.

Some of my old posts make me cringe at how awful of a person I was at times. Then again, I can't be too hard on myself. It was 10+ years ago. MSN Messenger was still a thing and I was playing Habbo Hotel / MapleStory. Limewire gave my computer viruses and I thought I was the coolest for having Windows Vista while my friends still had XP.

I watched the old SpongeBob Christmas special ("Christmas Who?") with my family and I asked them if they remember when that episode came out. I was still a child. I remember when the special first came out, and here I am, watching it 18 years later. There's a few members on this forum who weren't even born yet.

The holidays are always a time of reflection for me. Even though some parts are bad, there are plenty of times when things were good. Even with the events that played out over the course of this year (re: the Donald Glover pizza fire GIFs in this thread), I have found many things in life that are good. I'm grateful that I can still be a part of one of the good things of my past, and I'm grateful for all the bad things that shaped who I am today.

Servo

katz stan
TattleTale Strangler said:
Anyone else read their old posts and become embarrassed by them? haha.

Some of my old posts make me cringe at how awful of a person I was at times. Then again, I can't be too hard on myself. It was 10+ years ago. MSN Messenger was still a thing and I was playing Habbo Hotel / MapleStory. Limewire gave my computer viruses and I thought I was the coolest for having Windows Vista while my friends still had XP.

I watched the old SpongeBob Christmas special ("Christmas Who?") with my family and I asked them if they remember when that episode came out. I was still a child. I remember when the special first came out, and here I am, watching it 18 years later. There's a few members on this forum who weren't even born yet.

The holidays are always a time of reflection for me. Even though some parts are bad, there are plenty of times when things were good. Even with the events that played out over the course of this year (re: the Donald Glover pizza fire GIFs in this thread), I have found many things in life that are good. I'm grateful that I can still be a part of one of the good things of my past, and I'm grateful for all the bad things that shaped who I am today.
I'm sorta embarrassed more by my Old Statuses tbh lol

Arkei

Porous Freak
The last conversation I had on MSN messenger ~2011 was me trying to get a friend into Homestuck. That's also my most recent status on here. I think that has some symbolic significance. (PSA: Don't read Homestuck.)

Hoopla!

Pepper Jack Cheese
Hey everybody, it’s time for my yearly reminder that I’m still alive

Apparently I’ve been gone for so long that everyone that I remember doesn’t post here anymore! How’s everyone been?

hello, it's been a while since i visuted this site.

things had been busu for me especially last month tho

so how's everyone doing today?

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0
hello, it's been a while since i visuted this site.

things had been busu for me especially last month tho

so how's everyone doing today?
I’m good! 😊 I don’t know you, but it’s cool you’re here nearly ten years after joining, according to your profile. Is it weird to have been a member this long? I’ve only been a member for one year, and wasn't very active last year.

s21sponge

Your face is spam
I honestly can't decide which I'm more surprised by, the fact that I remember this forum after 14 years, or that some of the old heads are still alive and well on here, or let alone this website still exists. Wow!

This is such a blast to a forgotten past for me. When I was still active on here I remember trying to establish myself as a YouTuber that would create silly SpongeBob videos, talk with people from here on AIM, and upload weird photos to Photobucket to share with you all here. I also remember briefly dabbling in coding for a short time and even creating my own freewebs SpongeBob website to compete with this website-probably because I was mad over something trivial here at the time.

Man, 11 year old me was cool...

revolution

Daydreams
Got the email inviting to watch the musical and omg I wanted to check out SBM again after not logging in in for years!!!

Back when I registered, the internet was a different place. YouTube was full of pirated SpongeBob rips (was a part of that community), and other TV shows, DSL internet was still a new concept, Wi-Fi was still nonexistent, and this was the time where each family had one computer that they shared with everyone.

I remember figuring out how to code HTML and PHP because of SBM and United Spongebob's influence, and made my own SpongeBob website on Angelfire, Tripod, and when I convinced my dad to borrow his credit card, my own hosting site that's probably dead now. I remember paying for my own Invision Power board license at 12 years old that cost $70-80 because of this secret identity I had online as a Spongebob fan!

Ahh good times!!

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
I honestly can't decide which I'm more surprised by, the fact that I remember this forum after 14 years, or that some of the old heads are still alive and well on here, or let alone this website still exists. Wow!

This is such a blast to a forgotten past for me. When I was still active on here I remember trying to establish myself as a YouTuber that would create silly SpongeBob videos, talk with people from here on AIM, and upload weird photos to Photobucket to share with you all here. I also remember briefly dabbling in coding for a short time and even creating my own freewebs SpongeBob website to compete with this website-probably because I was mad over something trivial here at the time.

Man, 11 year old me was cool...
That avatar, though :P

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
Not necessarily sure if I count as an "old member" quite yet, but seeing the email that was sent on Saturday in my inbox really reminded me of all the good times I've had on here in previous years, and it made my day. Life has been very busy these past few years, being a junior in high school and whatnot. I want to try and make more time to visit this place as you guys really made me feel the most welcome out of all the SpongeBob communities I've been in. Love y'all. <3

Back