Oaxis was Christian this whole time

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
It has come to this, the grand master plan has been revealed, all of the corks are in place and it finally comes together. This is like the ultimate reveal of the plan that the enemy has been doing this entire time without us even seeing it until it was already over. This is absolutely insane.

Supmandude

Squog
In the video that PieGuy linked to, Butch talks about how his shows have always had parables in them... in what universe is that true? Most episodes of his cartoons don’t have anything even remotely resembling a moral statement, they’re filled with unlikable characters, screaming and unfunny jokes and that’s it. In actuality, most of his shows can be pretty meanspirited and don’t present any moral ideas whatsoever.

Don’t get me wrong, I prefer shows that are just stupid comedy instead of having stupid character development and messages to them (although, Butch’s shows just aren’t funny to me), but he’s living in a fantasy land saying that his shows have these values that they just don’t. His two most popular shows are about magical fairies granting a greedy kid’s wishes and ghosts, I have no idea how that could even count as religious symbolism if he tried, but he didn’t even try, there’s nothing like he says in his shows at all.

Cha

I love SBM
well that’s quite... alarming but not too surprising when hes so adamant about talking about his beliefs. Just waiting for him to drop some kind of anti-LGBT bomb next, lol.

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
As a Christian, I am absolutely disgusted with Butch's behavior recently. And no, this wasn't just a one week thing. Butch's behavior has been shady for the last couple months. Like he's been following some...rather alt-right sources on Twitter. I cannot stand to see Butch manipulate his fans like that. You know, it's only giving us real Christians a bad name. You know, the actual Christians that tolerate everyone, whether they lack toes or not are LGBTQA+ or not. Actual religion is meant to teach others to love each other, not segregate LGBTQA+ people from the rest of the population.
Also, him blaming depression on horror movies is awful. Awful, awful, awful, awful. I have depression myself, and sometimes watching horror movies actually makes me feel better. Look, depression has existed ever since thousands of years ago. It is not a new concept. And he has the nerve to blame people with depression just so he could get money. Like, whoa dude. This is NOT a good cause at all if all he does is manipulate kids.
If y'all are wondering, yes, I will still watch shows like old FOP and Danny Phantom, but they will leave a bad taste in my mouth considering that they were made by a degenerate. I mean, I'm fine with him being on a Christian streaming network, but he shouldn't indoctrinate people so they could believe everything that he says.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Alright just watched the video, and man does this suck. Butch's reasoning is not only really flawed, but some of it is just messed up. I'm a Christian, I read the Bible every day, and the fact that he's trying to scam people into the religion is not moral. I don't agree/believe everything out of the Bible, I think every Christian can have that stance. Sometimes morals are objective, if every moral was subjective we'd live in a hell hold, he can't use the Bible to defend his actions.

Then the horror remark, oh my lord. That goes beyond Are You Happy Now? it's literally pinpointing something on an entire group of victims. It's messed up, it's wrong, and I didn't want to believe PGR, unfortunately it is true.

Like I've said, he has a really calm and inviting exterior behind a real insane interior. DON'T BE SWAYED BY HIM, THINK FOR YOURSELF, don't buy into it please. Thanks.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
What’s next? The Christian talk is him covering up that he’s a Nazi? It seems like the more you know about Oaxis, the less you want to know. He just really needs some punishment for fraud and money-laundering, that’s all I’ll say.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
The arguments Mr. Hartman presented in regards to the "poisonous media" falls under the category of some of the great Alex Jones material.

I find it incredibly manipulative how Butch hid such details from people giving him their own money to fund the project while hiding an incredibly important detail about the project.

If you want to spread your own religious values, be my guest. VeggieTales is the prime example of a good piece of Christian oriented media. If you're not a Christian, the show isn't really much of a problem, it's not encouraging hate, it's not hurting anyone in particular, it's simply a show that spreads the morals and messages of the Bible to young Christian children. It doesn't feed in to everyone's lives, its main goal isn't to convert a whole generation of youth.

The problem I have is how Butch intentionally manipulated his audience to launch a platform under these intentions. Especially since it's publicly funded. People weren't let in on the true concept/goal of this service! Vague, safe descriptions were used to keep the project from being controversial. With the religious aspect, Butch knew he wouldn't be able to reach the 250k unless he avoided these specific details, which is why he deceived everyone. I knew Butch was a passionate Christian, but jeez. If you're going to make a platform under these intentions, either fund it privately or actually let in on your little secret. Because this is a pretty important detail about the kickstarter.

I have lost a lot of respect for Mr. Hartman. I'm disappointed at his lying, deceptive nature. I don't wish ill onto his project (That's people's money at risk!), I hope he faces consequences for his actions.

The fact that he wanted to make a Christian streaming service is fine and all, but he really should've made that clear before people donated. Instead, he's a scammer. That remark about depression was horrible. He's basically playing down the seriousness of a mental illness. He also referred to introverts as "awful, self-centered people." What a horrible claim.

I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but between all of this and his response to a fan in that stream, he's proven himself to be a really disguising human being.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
This is just getting more and more ridiculous as it goes on. I don't have much problem with him wanting to make a Christian sever (unless he wants to instill his values of "media invented suicide" into children), but he should have just been honest about it from the beginning. This is basically fraud at this point.

Back