(Non-SB Edition)- Suggest an Episode & I'll Give My Opinion on it!

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
This is like the other challenge I've been doing, except this time, this one is focused exclusively on non-SpongeBob episodes. So suggest an episode of another show. Or you could suggest a show in general instead if you want.

Tell me an episode of a show to watch and I'll give my opinion on it. I'm a bit iffy on episodes longer than 30 minutes, but maybe I would still do it...

Note that I might not give my opinion on something you suggest. It depends on different factors (like if I don't have access to the episode/show to watch it, or it could also take a while for me to get around to doing it, etc.)

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Sorry I haven't done your suggestion yet. I haven't found access to the episode yet. I may have seen it before though, so maybe my memory will come back to me

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Hothead (Courage the Cowardly Dog)
So I finally got access to this episode! Sorry I'm really late on this haha.

So I watched the episode and for some reason I didn't get too into it. I don't remember watching it before. I thought the idea of the hair growth formula causing a weird side effect to be pretty interesting. I liked how one of the side effects was it made the user go into a weird state when they got angry. The animation was pretty cool during these sequences with the intense, angry facial expressions. I thought it was a little weird though how the users got the ability to cause explosions. But that's still kinda interesting too. It was entertaining to see Courage have to keep Eustace calm to avoid this from happening. I like how Courage speaks quite a bit here and has a few funny lines. I know he doesn't speak much later in the show, but I think I prefer him talking.

So overall, I thought the premise of the hair growth formula was great. And the animation was pretty cool and unique. But for some reason I didn't get too into the episode when I watched it. I'm not sure why.

Last edited:

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
122 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom (or the USA)
So I finally got access to this episode! Sorry I'm really late on this haha.

So I watched the episode and for some reason I didn't get too into it. I don't remember watching it before. I thought the idea of the hair growth formula causing a weird side effect to be pretty interesting. I liked how one of the side effects was it made the user go into a weird state when they got angry. The animation was pretty cool during these sequences with the intense, angry facial expressions. I thought it was a little weird though how the users got the ability to cause explosions. But that's still kinda interesting too. It was entertaining to see Courage have to keep Eustace calm to avoid this from happening. I like how Courage speaks quite a bit here and has a few funny lines. I know he doesn't speak much later in the show, but I think I prefer him talking.

So overall, I thought the premise of the hair growth formula was great. And the animation was pretty cool and unique. But for some reason I didn't get too into the episode when I watched it. I'm not sure why.
Yeah like you said, Courage does speak alot in that episode. He speaks more in Season 1 but that was later changed.

Difference is night and day when you compare Courage episodes from Season 1 to Courage episodes from Season 4...

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Yeah like you said, Courage does speak alot in that episode. He speaks more in Season 1 but that was later changed.

Difference is night and day when you compare Courage episodes from Season 1 to Courage episodes from Season 4...
I see. Are you saying the episodes from Season 4 are better than the ones from Season 1?

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
The End (amazing world of gumball)
I'm very sorry I'm so late to your request too. I just got access to this episode also.

I liked the episode. It has a fun premise of the boys thinking the world is ending. The different ways they get convinced that the world is going to end are interesting and funny too. They're convinced that the world will end when the solar eclipse happens. It's fun watching what Gumball and Darwin would do on their last day. Richard getting involved with their beliefs is amusing too. There's some pretty funny satire of self-checkout when the boys and Richard go to the store. And when the solar eclipse finally does happen, there's a mooning joke (which was pretty funny), but the show also made the solar eclipse seem like such a small deal. And I thought that was pretty hilarious, it highlights how the boys were wrong about the end of the world. The sky barely got dark for like less than a second. So overall, I liked the episode. The premise made it fun and amusing. I never got too into Gumball, but I haven't watched it very much. But I liked this episode, so maybe I'll check out more of it.

SPNGBDDY

Resident SpongeBob Fanatic
I'm very sorry I'm so late to your request too. I just got access to this episode also.

I liked the episode. It has a fun premise of the boys thinking the world is ending. The different ways they get convinced that the world is going to end are interesting and funny too. They're convinced that the world will end when the solar eclipse happens. It's fun watching what Gumball and Darwin would do on their last day. Richard getting involved with their beliefs is amusing too. There's some pretty funny satire of self-checkout when the boys and Richard go to the store. And when the solar eclipse finally does happen, there's a mooning joke (which was pretty funny), but the show also made the solar eclipse seem like such a small deal. And I thought that was pretty hilarious, it highlights how the boys were wrong about the end of the world. The sky barely got dark for like less than a second. So overall, I liked the episode. The premise made it fun and amusing. I never got too into Gumball, but I haven't watched it very much. But I liked this episode, so maybe I'll check out more of it.
I gotta another one "The Pizza" it's my favorite episode

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
I'm sorry, I don't have access to this episode. I've looked on Digital stores like Google Play, but the stores I looked at only have Season 3 available for some reason. I don't have (HBO) Max either. If you want, you could suggest an episode from Season 3 or an episode that I happen to have seen. Sorry about this. I could review A Case of Ed later if I get access to it

PinkPugPrincess

Baby Patrick Star
Staff
I'm sorry, I don't have access to this episode. I've looked on Digital stores like Google Play, but the stores I looked at only have Season 3 available for some reason. I don't have (HBO) Max either. If you want, you could suggest an episode from Season 3 or an episode that I happen to have seen. Sorry about this. I could review A Case of Ed later if I get access to it
That's alright. In which case, I have another suggestion: an episode from a different programme that's available to watch on YouTube.

"Rent a Butler" (Count Duckula)

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
I gotta another one "The Pizza" it's my favorite episode
I liked this episode too. It seemed more solid and better written than "The End" episode I watched. That makes sense because "The Pizza" is further into the show, where the crew had more experience. The humor in the episode is well written. The bickering and surliness of the family is amusing here. Because the whole family had a bad day, they get really intense in this episode, which is pretty hilarious. All of their flashbacks on their day are humorous and demonstrate their intensity. I also like how Richard describes a pizza. He pitches it in a way that makes it sound healthy. And he's technically not wrong about what he says, even though pizza still isn't the healthiest food. Larry was affected by the family's surliness, and he ends up getting upset by it and gives up on his work. I find it funny that instead of having a bunch of random background characters do all these random jobs across the town (like at the grocery stores, food delivery etc), Larry does all of these jobs and keeps Elmore running (I haven't watched Gumball much, so I'm just realizing this). It's funnier this way. And without him, everything falls apart. The post-apocalyptic setting was fun, and the post-apocalyptic jokes were quite funny. It kinda reminds me of the post-apocalyptic stuff in Sponge Out of Water. The episode ends with the family apologizing to Larry and it's a pretty nice and funny moment. Even though I feel this episode is better objectively, I still liked "The End" a little better for some reason. But the episode is quite funny and has a lot of great comedic moments.

Back