No dolphin in this story?

Supmandude

Heart on Stick
Joined
Aug 7, 2010
Messages
4,472
Likes
3,707
Someone pointed out this plothole before and I thought they were wrong, because I'd only seen the film once at that point. But they were right.

Burger Beard said there was no dolphin in the story, even though there was. He finished the story with Plankton and SpongeBob getting the formula after the dolphin thing.

The only thing I can think of is that might make it make sense is if Sandy went super crazy and started writing things about magical dolphins on the The End page, causing it to happen to SpongeBob and Plankton without Burger Beard's knowledge.
 

iedasb

Crazy Artist
Joined
Feb 18, 2015
Messages
1,249
Likes
557
Location
SpongeBob's bed
The dolphin is from the future. Burger Beard were writing about the present. And you can see SpongeBob and Plankton were lost in time.
Burger Beard couldn't control things outside Bikini Bottom (future).

And maybe, when the seagul ripped off one page, the story "broke".

And in the storyboard Plankton was the one who suggested to Sandy about the "patty gods"(forgot the right name). So there's no way she wrote anything, she was out of her mind.

And there is the "free will", if we start talking in a religious way, The book is what God wrote, Burger Beard is the devil who stole the book and tried to write his evil things in it, but God gave people free will, so they were able to get out of that situation with a little help of a God's angel, Bubbles. <Nah Don't like it.>
 

ScumBob

sicko m0de
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
2,805
Likes
3,081
Location
in your house
iedasb said:
The dolphin is from the future. Burger Beard were writing about the present. And you can see SpongeBob and Plankton were lost in time.
Burger Beard couldn't control things outside Bikini Bottom (future).
I don't really understand that. The movie events are clearly being told as Burger Beard is telling the story, so he clearly read the dolphin part. Also, when SpongeBob and Plankton travel to the "Great Krabby Patty Famine is Over!" scene, that also takes place in the future. So, if the future is too much for Burger Beard to handle, then... what gives with the Krabby Patty famine scene?

Also, if the scenes that take place other than the present, then the time travelling parts are completely useless. And Burger Beard clearly read the scene where SpongeBob and Plankton steal the fake formula from their past selves. So if the time travelling scenes never happened, then the rest of the movie didn't happen.

And their future selves travelling to the past clearly contanimated the timeline. If you even speak to your past self, they will know their fate, and Burger Beard was able to manipulate that timeline.
The theory doesn't make sense really.

And maybe, when the seagul ripped off one page, the story "broke".
The seagull only ripped off one page, and that was the original "End of the story" until Burger Beard continued reading the real rest of the story... but there was nothing on the back of the page... so... did Burger Beard write the rest of the story!? This is making even less sense than before. When SpongeBob wrote on the back of the page... did he create an alternate timeline? What I mean by this is, the page was ripped from the book, seperating the page from the story. The original story is pretty much everything that happens in the movie, or history itself... in the movie. So since it's a separate page, that means SpongeBob wrote a separate/different story, meaning a separate timeline. Which means... this film had no real ending... and the book burned to bits too. What the halibut?

And there is the "free will", if we start talking in a religious way, The book is what God wrote, Burger Beard is the devil who stole the book and tried to write his evil things in it, but God gave people free will, so they were able to get out of that situation with a little help of a God's angel, Bubbles. <Nah Don't like it.>
...What
 

iedasb

Crazy Artist
Joined
Feb 18, 2015
Messages
1,249
Likes
557
Location
SpongeBob's bed
SpongeCob said:
I don't really understand that. The movie events are clearly being told as Burger Beard is telling the story, so he clearly read the dolphin part. Also, when SpongeBob and Plankton travel to the "Great Krabby Patty Famine is Over!" scene, that also takes place in the future. So, if the future is too much for Burger Beard to handle, then... what gives with the Krabby Patty famine scene?

Also, if the scenes that take place other than the present, then the time travelling parts are completely useless. And Burger Beard clearly read the scene where SpongeBob and Plankton steal the fake formula from their past selves. So if the time travelling scenes never happened, then the rest of the movie didn't happen.

And their future selves travelling to the past clearly contanimated the timeline. If you even speak to your past self, they will know their fate, and Burger Beard was able to manipulate that timeline.
The theory doesn't make sense really.


The seagull only ripped off one page, and that was the original "End of the story" until Burger Beard continued reading the real rest of the story... but there was nothing on the back of the page... so... did Burger Beard write the rest of the story!? This is making even less sense than before. When SpongeBob wrote on the back of the page... did he create an alternate timeline? What I mean by this is, the page was ripped from the book, seperating the page from the story. The original story is pretty much everything that happens in the movie, or history itself... in the movie. So since it's a separate page, that means SpongeBob wrote a separate/different story, meaning a separate timeline. Which means... this film had no real ending... and the book burned to bits too. What the halibut?

...What
You have the right to disagree.

After all you disagree with everything I say in this forum :V
 

Supmandude

Heart on Stick
Joined
Aug 7, 2010
Messages
4,472
Likes
3,707
iedasb said:
And in the storyboard Plankton was the one who suggested to Sandy about the "patty gods"(forgot the right name). So there's no way she wrote anything, she was out of her mind.
But she had papers all scattered throughout her house. The only explanation that makes any sense to me is that she started writing on the page herself. :P

Also, I don't think the storyboard really matters. It was an early version and they changed it.
 

GuyWithThePie

Moby Dollar
Joined
May 24, 2015
Messages
103
Likes
47
I don't remember Burger Beard saying there was no dolphin in this story, and I watched it on Blu-Ray two days ago.
 

Supmandude

Heart on Stick
Joined
Aug 7, 2010
Messages
4,472
Likes
3,707
I don't remember Burger Beard saying there was no dolphin in this story, and I watched it on Blu-Ray two days ago.

It's in the scene where he first sees SpongeBob and friends on land, right after SpongeBob explains how they got there.
 
Top