Nickelodeon Nickelodeon keeps rerunning bad cartoon episodes and my 4-year-old brother refused me to change channels.

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
I need some help.

As of now, Nickelodeon Philippines always (but not all the time) replays the bad episodes, not only in SpongeBob, but also in The Loud House and worse, Alvin and the Chipmunks (2015). Everytime I see it when it begins and/or in the middle, I change it to somewhere else. If I'm away from TV and my younger sister and brother watches them, I usually put on my headphones and play music to ignore the crappy episodes. It's very difficult to live in a house with only one TV. At least I have 3 siblings. I'm the eldest.

What's aggravating to me is my 4-year-old brother. His name is Nico, and he is heavily obsessed with Nickelodeon. Everytime I want to watch my new and favorite show and news in a different channel, he refuses easily. When I change a TV channel, he cries very loudly, pissing off my parents. There are few incidents involving TV conflicts caused by my rowdy brother:

1. Last week, I was sweeping the floor and I heard Nico watching a disgusting SB episode, The Splinter. I really can't withstand how gross the episode is. Even I'm away from TV, I can still hear it and it aggravates me. I change the channel away from that crappy gross-fest, but he ended up crying.

2. In this day, Nico ruined my time to watch my favorite documentary, because he wants to watch Nickelodeon. I watched half of my favorite show, but he ruined it, making him cry and because of that, Dad wants me to change to Nickelodeon, and when I arrived there, surprise, there's a ******* retarded Alvin episode about body snatcher and other nonscences. Then, the boring Penguins of Madagascar aired. I changed it away, but he cried loudly, upsetting my Dad. Because of that annoying incident, I missed it at it's all because of my annoying brother.

Everytime I tell Mom and Dad about my annoying brother and the cruel replays, all they can do is say "let it be", because all they can do is expect me to be patience. I'm sick of "patience is a virtue." So annoying, especially the reruns of those mean-spirited episodes that my little brother enjoy.

See. In conclusion, Nickelodeon doesn't care about reruns, especially the bad and cruel SB episodes. They aired A Pal for Gary last month. It aggravates me when my brother lets me stay in Nickelodeon airing bad and cruel episodes, especially when he gets selfish. It aggravates me with a burning passion. There's nothing new in my Nick channel as of now, and I hope the SB 20th birthday special air in my channel this July. Replays are usually random and mixed. As the Angry Video Game Nerd says, that's ********!

Last edited:

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
Everytime I tell Mom and Dad about my annoying brother and the cruel replays, all they can do is say "let it be", because all they can do is expect me to be patience. I'm sick of "patience is a virtue."

I can't speak to the substance of the episodes you're referring to (I'm not a fan of all SpongeBob episodes myself), but your parents are right. It's okay to vent like this, but I'm afraid life doesn't get any easier. Remember that you're the eldest - 18 years old - and your 4-year-old brother quite literally is not mature enough to understand how he might be upsetting you. As a first-born child myself, I can understand the aggravation from when I was younger. My best advice would be to simply find something else to do or somewhere else to be when your brother is watching TV. There's so much more to life than television. ;)

And just consider it practice for dealing with aggravating people in the adult world. It's so much easier said than done, but you've just got to let it roll off your back (as they say).

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
You have internet, don't you? Easy solution, watch your stuff online.

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
I can't speak to the substance of the episodes you're referring to (I'm not a fan of all SpongeBob episodes myself), but your parents are right. It's okay to vent like this, but I'm afraid life doesn't get any easier. Remember that you're the eldest - 18 years old - and your 4-year-old brother quite literally is not mature enough to understand how he might be upsetting you. As a first-born child myself, I can understand the aggravation from when I was younger. My best advice would be to simply find something else to do or somewhere else to be when your brother is watching TV. There's so much more to life than television. ;)

And just consider it practice for dealing with aggravating people in the adult world. It's so much easier said than done, but you've just got to let it roll off your back (as they say).
Well, thank you. It's just I'm worried about my little brother watching those mean-spirited episodes as it may affect his behavior. I always panic everytime Nickelodeon replays some mean-spirited episodes and my little brother refused me to change the channel.

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
Well, thank you. It's just I'm worried about my little brother watching those mean-spirited episodes as it may affect his behavior. I always panic everytime Nickelodeon replays some mean-spirited episodes and my little brother refused me to change the channel.
It's good of you to worry about what your brother might be watching and how it might affect him. At the same time, it sounds like your parents are a reasonable pair who wouldn't let him watch anything that might really scar him.

To be honest, you hold a lot more power over the attitudes your youngest brother (and your other siblings) are developing than you might think. Much more than some silly TV program, I believe. Just as you and your siblings watch your parents and other adults to learn how to act in life, so your younger siblings are also observing you. That's not to say you can't or won't make mistakes yourself (I've made plenty!) but as the old saying goes, "Attitudes are caught, not taught."

So long as you've got a good heart and you aren't trying to be self-serving in what you do, both you and your brother should be just fine. ;)

Back