Nickelodeon Kart Racers

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
For anyone who didn't see, GameStop added a listing for "Nickelodeon Kart Racers" about a month ago for Switch, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4
https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/games/nickelodeon-kart-racers/163553

SBM Nickelodeon Kart Racers page: https://www.sbmania.net/videogames.php?id=53

Release Date: October 23, 2018

Update 7/25/2018
Nickelodeon%20Kart%20Racers.png

Higher Quality
Xbox
PS4

Quote from GameMill Entertainment PR
A new multi-player console racing game, Nickelodeon Kart Racers! Select a racer from one of your favorite Nickelodeon series, including SpongeBob, Patrick, and Sandy from SpongeBob SquarePants, Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo, and Donatello from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Arnold and Helga from Hey Arnold!, and Angelica, Tommy, and Reptar from Rugrats. Race your friends in up to four-player local multiplayer or check out the Battle Arena for a variety of challenges.

-Choose a racer from 12 of the most iconic Nickelodeon series: SpongeBob SquarePants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Hey Arnold!, Rugrats, and more!
-Race on 24 different Slimed-filled tracks including Bikini Bottom, NYC sewers, Tommy Pickle’s house, Arnold’s school, and more!
-Awesome co-op and local multiplayer for non-stop action the entire family will love!
-Customizable karts with multiple power-ups and special attacks!
-Team-based co-op multiplayer, players can perform devastating fused attack for tons of fun!
-Slime overload will have you turning you karts into jet-ski racers!
"We are thrilled to be partnering with Nickelodeon to bring all of these amazing characters into one fun, competitive video game for fans of all ages to enjoy, Nickelodeon has created characters and stories that are loved around the world and we specialize in transforming treasured characters and stories into playable entertainment for the die-hard fans and casual gamers alike."
–Mark Meadows, Partner of GameMill Entertainment.
Screenshots:
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Confirmed characters:
SpongeBob, Patrick, Sandy (SpongeBob SquarePants)
Reptar, Tommy Pickles, Angelica (Rugrats)
Michaelangelo, Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Arnold, Helga (Hey Arnold!)

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXG6dAb0cr8

JCM

#cancelspongebob
abney i friggin brought that up in your twitch and you didn't respond smh

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
Nosferatu said:
abney i friggin brought that up in your twitch and you didn't respond smh
haha yeah it's hard for me to catch every message always. I do see in the logs someone (maybe you?) mentioned it on the day it was added to the gamestop site back on June 6th
Definitely excited for it though :D

AquaticKonquest

Fudanshi
I've heard very little about this game, and frankly, I'm a bit surprised Nickelodeon plans on releasing a crossover game now of all times to do so. But, while it's not exactly bound to be as engaging as the Nicktoons Unite series, it should hopefully bring Nick games back into the spotlight. Hopefully, this is good enough for more to be released in the future.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Sounds like the type of crap you'd see on a plug and play console. Yeah, this doesn't sound that good. It sounds like that Nickelodeon Baseball thing they did where they just slapped on character models of them with pretty mediocre baseball. I mean zero disrespect, but it almost feels like they are just using Nick characters for money while putting minimal effort into the actual game. I care a lot about a game's physics (especially with a racer) and I could totally imagine how weird and quirky this game play could be.

Now this doesn't mean it's doomed to fail in my eyes, there a few games I actually enjoy playing in this style, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just charters racing with half-aced game play, graphics, and controls.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
FinnDinner said:
Sounds like the type of crap you'd see on a plug and play console. Yeah, this doesn't sound that good. It sounds like that Nickelodeon Baseball thing they did where they just slapped on character models of them with pretty mediocre baseball. I mean zero disrespect, but it almost feels like they are just using Nick characters for money while putting minimal effort into the actual game. I care a lot about a game's physics (especially with a racer) and I could totally imagine how weird and quirky this game play could be.

Now this doesn't mean it's doomed to fail in my eyes, there a few games I actually enjoy playing in this style, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just charters racing with half-aced game play, graphics, and controls.
Sounds about right to me. Doesn't seem to promising with the already lowered price tag of $39.99 too lol.. I'll still give it a try just because though

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
I’ll see how it goes. If it bombs critically, it’s not the end of the world. I bet it’ll still make money because of the Nickelodeon nostalgia bucks, and result in a sequel or follow-up with more effort.

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
Lmao THQ Nordic is not making this game. It's being made by solutions 2 go. A distributor GameMill Publishing uses. Not too excited for this tbh.

Birds858

Floating Shopping List
Like i said in another topic, Solutions 2 Go made game like Mahjong 3D (yeah, this is real) or a Chuck E Chesse video game so we probably gonna get something worse than Nicktoons Racing.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
Updated first post with new press release! Description, cover art, and 12 screenshots!

Definitely looks better than I expected. Online mode would have been cool, but not surprising that it's not there lol

Birds858

Floating Shopping List
Well, this look more decent than i thought, i wonder how the game will look like in action.

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
thanks abney I forgot to make a topic lol.
EDIT:
PS4 and XB1 covers
Nickelodeon-Kart-Racers_2018_07-25-18_017.jpg_600.jpg

Nickelodeon-Kart-Racers_2018_07-25-18_016.jpg_600.jpg
The covers were huge I had to put them under spoilers.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Wow, the graphics actually look pretty nice. I still don't really have any confidence it will driving mechanics will be that great, but hey, if it proves me wrong for the better, more power to it.

Birds858

Floating Shopping List
I wonder if we will get a story mode-like for the game like Nicktoons Racing or Nicktoons Nitro did ?

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
I am a bit interested in the wording of this here from the press release:

"Choose a racer from 12 of the most iconic Nickelodeon series: SpongeBob SquarePants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Hey Arnold!, Rugrats, and more!"

They only showed us 12 characters in the screenshots and those 4 shows. So when they say "and more!" I'm curious if there are actually going to be characters from 8 more shows included in this or if it's just poor wording. It would make sense because the ones they picked seem pretty random other than SB obviously.
Trying to get some more info on it though if they'll give it to me

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
It’s real, it’s happening, and it looks...pretty mediocre for a Switch game. I’m sure if this is the first step towards bigger, better-looking games, but it hardly looks better than a Wii game. I’d buy it for <$40 though, if just for the fact that it’s the first NickToons game in over 7 years.

Back