Nickelodeon Appears to be Rebooting its' Nicktoons Film Franchise - and SpongeBob is a Part of it

Tidalpat

Imitation Krab
For lack of better forums to put this in, I just wanted to discuss this.

In the around 1998-2004, four Nicktoons got movies based off of their shows; SpongeBob, Rugrats, The Wild Thornberrys, and Hey Arnold!. Though it is arguable, the styles of the movies differed from the shows, and even in some ways were similar. We also got pilot movies for Jimmy Neutron and Back at the Barnyard, in their own similar styles.

For awhile, good Nicktoons got movies, and most of them were good. That is, until Avatar.
Only until Sponge Out of Water did Nickelodeon Movies begin production of Nicktoons based movies.
Much similar to how the first five movies based on Nicktoons had similar art styles, I think the newer Nicktoons movies will be dabbling in a new style; CG animated with some live action.
They tried to do it in the live action Fairly OddParents movies... and failed...
But now it seems a CGI with live action Rugrats movie is coming with the upcoming tv show.

I don't know if this is a good change of pace, because so far in this "modern era," it seems that's going to be the common art style, but hopefully it doesn't end up like that.

You got a point there, I don't think they intended tor reboot the Nicktoons film franchise, but it appears that they have with this soon-to-be released Rugrats film. Also remember a Loud House movie is coming in 2020. I wonder what other movies we will get in this franchise? Maybe a new TMNT movie in 2D? I doubt it, but it would be interesting to see!

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
wikipedian_protester.jpg

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
You got a point there, I don't think they intended tor reboot the Nicktoons film franchise, but it appears that they have with this soon-to-be released Rugrats film. Also remember a Loud House movie is coming in 2020. I wonder what other movies we will get in this franchise? Maybe a new TMNT movie in 2D? I doubt it, but it would be interesting to see!
A writer from the Loud House has said that the Loud House Movie has been put on hold.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
This doesn't sound good. I just want Nick to just move on with their own ideas, because when you pretty much reboot every single series, you're bound to make it worse and can hurt and otherwise harmless show.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
This has been flying about for sometime now. Can you please provide the source?

spongie33 said:
A Nicktoons Crossover Film was pitched to Paramount but it was rejected but they had already made press releases for it.
Thanks for this post! I never knew it was rejected. I always thought it was still in production and just was taking a long time to come out, I actually forgot about it after a while! :hehe:

Back