Movie News New Wonderful Sponge details- CGi origin story at camp?

Squilly

Floating Shopping List
to be honest, i immediately thought of some random tumblr user, writing his camp AU.
Im really curious where this is going...

Birds858

Floating Shopping List
"For the first time ever, we’re going to the get to the origin of how little Spongebob met the rest of the Bikini Bottom gang at summer camp,” Soria said during her talk. “The film’s opening will take place at Camp Coral when all of our favorite characters meet for the first time.”

I’m really curions about the plot of the movie, some episodes already showed the first time Spongebob met the Bikini Bottom gang so the movie is in incoherence with the series in some way. Except if Nick said that the movie is a reboot or set in a alternate universe to the franchise.

Night-Waker

Moby Dollar
Mmmm okay so I'm interested but at the same time pretty worried now

I'm pretty disappointed that they're going the full CGI route this time around after how gorgeous SOOW looked (and how it made the film stand out in a predominantly 3D industry), but I really liked how they handled the CGI in that movie, so I'll probably get used to it eventually. I was really hoping that the title was just a placeholder and they wouldn't actually do It's a Wonderful Life, but I suppose it's a nice change of pace from the "Important object goes missing and SpongeBob and friend(s) must go to our world to find it" plotline the last two films had.

I'm not sure how the summer camp thing will work seeing how the show already established how the gang met, unless it's specifically referring to SB and Patrick met (In which case I can kinda see it), or if it's some alternate universe thing. I just don't want them going around retconning everything seeing how the show is already a mess continuity-wise (I'd prefer some stuff to be left alone imo)

Overall the article made somewhat killed my hype a little while at the same time getting me more interested. There still isn't much to go off of, so for now I'm just gonna remain cautiously optimistic about this movie

(That being said I'm pretty hyped they got Hans Zimmer to do the score)

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
I'm not entirely convinced it'll be fully CG, because I think even Sponge Out Of Water was originally described as fully CG until more news came out. Still.... I'm intrigued. I think this is going to be more about SpongeBob and Patrick meeting more than anything, there's almost no way Squidward would've met him at summer camp, nor Mr. Krabs, and especially not Sandy

How does that work? SpongeBob met Patrick as a baby, Sandy in Tea at the Treedome, Plankton in Plankton, and Squidward in a flashback in Truth or Square (although I won't be too upset if they forget about that last one since nobody really remembers much of Truth or Square)

YouDontKnowSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
I hope they are just referring to SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward and the live action portion is just Patchy the Pirate. I am not spending money on another movie where they go on land. This is why I wish SpongeBob went by continuity.

LARRY22

Giant Clam
I'm not too worried about the story, because I feel like they will make more adjustments to the story of the camp origin story, but what does have me worried is the animaton. I think I remember Vincent Waller tweeting that the movie will be a mix of 2D animation and CG animation like SOOW, now it's said to be completley CG. The reason is this.

“Those have to reach a broad audience. I don’t think we can do 2d movies, to be honest. I think that’s hard.”

I understand, animation is very difficult, especially 2D animation, and a lot of time and work goes into it, 100%, but to me, this particular quote seems like an excuse to make the movie cheaper to make. 2D to me is very nice to look at. I hope this isn't true, but if it is, we should all accept that :(

But on the other hand, this is Cartoon Brew, so this could possibly be false :P

Anyways, I still have some hope for this movie, despite that it will be very different from the previous two :)

Like everyone else is saying, depending on how they pull off the origin story it’ll either be really bad and contradict important episodes, or it’ll be carefully constructed and just overall adorable. I hope it’s only Patrick and Spongebob at the camp, though. I don’t really mind the cgi, especially because I’d like to see a trailer or pictures before being too adamant on my opinion. Is it fully confirmed that it’ll be all 3D animation, or is it possibly subject to change?

Back