New storyboard artist

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
i'm now scared for the future of spongebob :sbscared:

jk it's only 1 guy, and his stuff on instagram is great, maybe PGBC just isn't his best work or something, idk

Whatsittoya

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Uh oh spaghetti-Os.

Lets hope he doesn't ruin the character designs and that they work based on a model

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
That's actually pretty good, the nose is off IMO, but there's a lot of time. Let's not forget even infamous artists have their own styles that work in their own context, it takes a lot of hard work to do it, and there are other works they have than just SpongeBob. To the point, I welcome this guy to the team no matter how much I question PGBC. I think this is the better career move for him as of now.

hfjs

The joke is that he's modeling SpongeBob after Pig. Looks exactly him.

Also, just because he works on the show doesn't mean it's his art style. It's just what he has to copy after to make it look on model.

Masaaki Yuasa should do an episode of SpongeBob. He already did one of Adventure Time, and I'd be interested in seeing his style for the show.

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
He left PGBC so fast? Interesting.

Also, I wonder if his work on SBSP will be good or not. We've really been getting a unique outcrop of storyboard artists, as opposed to the usuals doing the work for the past several seasons.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Grumpy Squidward Guy said:
Please tell me SpongeBob will still have the same art style that we've had since Season 8
This drawing is very stylized - maybe an illustration for a new Golden Book since it's tagged #GoldenBook - but on storyboards he'll work from the official model like everybody else.

Back