New SpongeBob Episodes All Week Long (May 2nd)

Vincent Waller

Floating Shopping List
So you're saying that the marketing people sometimes changes the title of specials to make them more marketable?
Yes, that's what I'm saying. Thankfully it doesn't happen often.
About Lame and Fortune. It will definetly air.
I hope that the post above that says it will air on Saturday is correct.
But the memo I was given concerning air dates, did not include it.

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
MLG SpongeBob. Nooooice.
And there's an episode called CopyBob DittoPants?

132Ditto.png

YUUUUUUUUUUS!

The E-Man Guy

So you're saying that the marketing people sometimes changes the title of specials to make them more marketable?

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Thankfully it doesn't happen often.[/quote

Thanks for the responce, but I'm still confussed what the point of them changing the title is. As I said, Nickelodeon doesn't have to use the real title when marketing an episode. They have used fake titles many times before. If they they can just use a fake title when marketing the episode, then why would they make you change the actuall title? I really don't see the point of it. Could you list some examples of episodes they have forced you to change the title of? I'm really curious about that.

P.S. Really excited for the new episodes, especially The Fish Bowl! The idea for that one just sounds hillarious! It's awesome that both you and Sherm have joined the form here. It really shows that you guys really care about your fans. Thanks for replying to us!

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
We generally start with an Idea/Title. But often it's just a working title, and will change before we go to air. The working titles sometimes say too much about what the episode is about. I like titles that give you a hint, but that don't spell it out.

Glad to have ya around Vincent, and your insight on episode titles is something I've wondered for a while.

Kinda off topic, but I've always been curious, how does working on SpongeBob comapre to working on Ren & Stimpy? I imagine you could do zanier stories with the colorful cast of characters on R&S, but thats just from an outsiders point of view. Then again, SpongeBob has always been on the zanier side too (but it obviously plays it safer than R&S)

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
Vincent Waller said:
If Lame and Fortune does not air on May 7th, do you know if it will air sometime towards the end of May/beginning of June?

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Vincent Waller said:

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Thankfully it doesn't happen often.
But the memo I was given concerning air dates, did not include it.
Just out of curiosity, which one of the new episodes in May 2-6 (7?) is your favorite?

The Navy

Banished
Vincent Waller said:
It is real. But the air date hasn't been firmed up yet, and for the matter nor has the title of episode.

Apologies, I forgot to sign in before posting the above.
How do we know this is you and not a troll?

iPlankton

The Original Single-Celled Organism
If I ran Nickelodeon, the schedule would be like this:
5/2 The Fishbowl
5/3 Married to Money
5/4 Sharks vs. Pods
5/5 CopyBob-DittoPants
5/6 Sold!
5/7 Lame and Fortune
5/14 Factory Fresh (200th half-hour special, marathon leads to event)
5/21 Sandys Nutmare
5/28 Bulliten Board
6/5 Food Con Castaways
6/11 Snail Mail
6/18 Pineapple Invasion
6/25 Idiot Sauce
7/2 The Tooth, the Whole Tooth, and Nothing But The Tooth
7/9 Mutiny on the Kristy (season finale)
2-month hiatus, leading to the tenth season premiere in September
Are those other ones confirmed titles?

Also, "Sold!" sounds just like a classic episode. Looking forward to catching these hopefully.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
iPlankton said:
Are those other ones confirmed titles?

Also, "Sold!" sounds just like a classic episode. Looking forward to catching these hopefully.
From what I remember they're titles that were found on the German Nick website by a member, so they're likely legit.

Vincent Waller

Floating Shopping List
Honest Slug said:
Just out of curiosity, which one of the new episodes in May 2-6 (7?) is your favorite?
It's a tough choice. Married to Money right up there. Especially visually. The color pallet makes me very happy, and it's silly as heck. SharksvPods has some really cool stuff too. Dance sequences animated by David Gemmill. CopyBob, has a lot of great moments. As does Fishbowl. Sold has some terrific animation. SB attempting to speak German will make you take notice. This episode also features the Von Trap children singing.
As you can tell it's really hard for me to pick a favorite.

It's a tough choice. Married to Money right up there. Especially visually. The color pallet makes me very happy, and it's silly as heck. SharksvPods has some really cool stuff too. Dance sequences animated by David Gemmill. CopyBob, has a lot of great moments. As does Fishbowl. Sold has some terrific animation. SB attempting to speak German will make you take notice. This episode also features the Von Trap children singing.
As you can tell it's really hard for me to pick a favorite.
I'm not really familiar with the Von Trapp children much but do they sing another SpongeBob original song?

iedasb

Crazy Artist
I'm looking foward to watch new SB and Steven Universe episodes *0*
May will be a nice month!
(It's my bf birthday month aswell *u*)

Vincent Waller

Floating Shopping List
Rugratskid said:
Glad to have ya around Vincent, and your insight on episode titles is something I've wondered for a while.

Kinda off topic, but I've always been curious, how does working on SpongeBob comapre to working on Ren & Stimpy? I imagine you could do zanier stories with the colorful cast of characters on R&S, but thats just from an outsiders point of view. Then again, SpongeBob has always been on the zanier side too (but it obviously plays it safer than R&S)
This is the most excited I've been working on a show since Ren & Stimpy. From writing through animation, the whole crew are talking and competing with us and each other to make the episodes funnier at each stage. I'm really hoping the RDK crews will get just as invigorated by the cartooier direction we are taking the show.
I had to check and make sure I could tell, But Sharks vs Pods is guest staring Michael McKean, Henry Winkler and David Lander as the sharks. Reprising some voices they haven't done together in thirty years. Happy days here in studio! ;)

Back