New SpongeBob episodes airing next week (8/6-8/10)

Re-Hydrated Sponge

Moby Dollar
Klu said:
It really is painful.
I also like how they all bashing expressive animation with gifs from the first movie, which has almost the exact same style.
If the first movie came out today, people would probably bash it for having expressive animation

Re-Hydrated Sponge

Moby Dollar
hippythehippo said:
There's this guy named crimson mayham on Twitter who is apparently a YouTuber who was butthugging season 11 a couple months ago, but now has a problem with it (with standard complaints)
In his latest video, which came out 2 weeks ago, he praises Moving Bubble Bass, Which is one of the cartooniest episodes of the season

Klu

Moby Dollar
If the first movie came out today, people would probably bash it for having expressive animation
I'm sure of it.
Second movie dodged a bullet, having a more restrained animation.

hippythehippo said:
There's this guy named crimson mayham on Twitter who is apparently a YouTuber who was butthugging season 11 a couple months ago, but now has a problem with it (with standard complaints)
Yeah, I saw his tweets
That's why I created status about season 11 "forgetfulness" not a long ago

hippythehippo

Banished
Am I the only one so confused at the Seasons poor reception? I've said it before, but the flaws people point at 11 were the same ones people were calling out on 9b, yet now those complaints on 9b are gone. It seems like 9b is apparently invalid from criticsm, so 11 is now to blame for the issues? IDK, but most complaints are either rather poorly put togethere, petty or small issues, or plain just want to hate it for the sake of hating it . There are some people who do make good reviews explaing stuff on why they are not a fan of the Season (more spandy, idk what whobob or Mcsponge's stances are on the new eps, but they explain there opinions on the ones they don't like well), but so much of this is just stupid reasons to bash on an episode. Apparently the trash in Sanatation Insanity is gross and unfunny, yet KBBB is funny and trash is animated well there? And the people praising the Season do it too. Oh, apparently Season 11 is better than Season 1 because Season 1 puts some emphasis on story? It has too, cause it has to get the viewer invested! Whatever, I should just not use twitter anymore to see peoples opinions, as I feel the brain cells dissapating.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
If people want to criticize/praise the season, they should probably list some of the episodes they're talking about, that way there's more of a point-counter point to be made, and once that's established, then talk about the season all together from those episodes. I'm fine if someone wants to bash/love a season, but if their reasoning comes from a handful of episodes, I don't know doesn't feel worthy to talk of the season all together in my opinion.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
EmployeeAMillion said:
So there’s going to be new episodes for 5 days, but only 4 are announced. What’s going to air on August 10th?
Nobody said for 5 days. Only four episodes will air.

They often do a thing now where they air only four episodes during the week and then Friday is just a rerun. A bit odd, but then again, so is Cartoon Network's "new episodes every hour!" thing where it's really just all the episodes premiering on Monday and then rerunning over and over for the rest of the week.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
With the rate that these episodes are coming out I'm just falling more and more behind on the show lol (can it really be called falling behind if there isn't an overarching story arc?)

Re-Hydrated Sponge

Moby Dollar
According to Nickandmore! Library Cards,Plankton Paranoia,Surf n'Turf and Call the Cops will air in september,this hasn't been confirmed by Nickelodeon, so take it with a grain of salt.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
According to Nickandmore! Library Cards,Plankton Paranoia,Surf n'Turf and Call the Cops will air in september,this hasn't been confirmed by Nickelodeon, so take it with a grain of salt.
That’d be great, but yeah, it hasn’t been confirmed yet. Still I don’t expect airdates to be confirmed until a week or two in advance.

josemiguex

Imitation Krab
hippythehippo said:
Am I the only one so confused at the Seasons poor reception? I've said it before, but the flaws people point at 11 were the same ones people were calling out on 9b, yet now those complaints on 9b are gone. It seems like 9b is apparently invalid from criticsm, so 11 is now to blame for the issues? IDK, but most complaints are either rather poorly put togethere, petty or small issues, or plain just want to hate it for the sake of hating it . There are some people who do make good reviews explaing stuff on why they are not a fan of the Season (more spandy, idk what whobob or Mcsponge's stances are on the new eps, but they explain there opinions on the ones they don't like well), but so much of this is just stupid reasons to bash on an episode. Apparently the trash in Sanatation Insanity is gross and unfunny, yet KBBB is funny and trash is animated well there? And the people praising the Season do it too. Oh, apparently Season 11 is better than Season 1 because Season 1 puts some emphasis on story? It has too, cause it has to get the viewer invested! Whatever, I should just not use twitter anymore to see peoples opinions, as I feel the brain cells dissapating.
Yeah season 11 is both overrated and underrated, for what I watched I think it's decent, the episodes varies from great to ok, the best episodes are Pat the horse, Bunny Hunt and Ink Lemonade :sbfunny:

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
Since the Krusty Kleaners thread hasn’t been opened yet, and might not be before the end of SBM, I think I should get my thoughts on it out here. It was pretty great. A bit too reliant on destruction and mayhem, but it was overall a very cool, gripping episode with a lot of jokes. It gives me a Wet Painters vibe at times, it just feels that much like pure Kaz.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Invincibubble said:
These ratings are pretty...concerning to say the least, as the ratings seem to drop each day for the premieres ("ChefBob" being the new series low). I find this concerning not just for the show itself, but for the state of Nickelodeon in general.
https://twitter.com/nickandmore/status/1028090620680855552
This is why Nick has been uploading SpongeBob to YouTube, they know television for children as a whole is going down the toilet, so with these millions of views they get on their vids, they can stay in business and keep making SpongeBob episodes.

Back