New SpongeBob cereal ... I'm pretty sure

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Last year I posted this mock-up packaging design for a new General Mills cereal in the Sea Creatures Rule! thread. Today I remembered about it and decided to do some digging and see if this cereal was actually going to happen, and I did find something, although it's a different cereal to the one proposed in that mock-up.

The only website I can find that actually shows it so far is a nutritional website called ShopWell.

Presenting: SpongeBob SquarePants Fruity Splash.

1600048624_full.jpg

The only other mention of this cereal I can find so far are some recipe pages on Pillsbury and Betty Crocker (brands owned by General Mills) that use the cereal in recipes, but if you click on them you get taken to a 404. I did manage to find this picture of the "Fruity Splash Smoothies" recipe, though, which clearly shows SpongeBob and Patrick cereal pieces.

5l8Wuqs.jpg

Since the images and the phrase "SpongeBob SquarePants Fruity Splash" only start appearing in Google searches from April onward I'm going to guess that the cereal isn't actually out yet but is due to come out very soon.

So keep an eye out and let me know, I guess. Not living in America, I can't just walk into stores and start looking for this stuff.

Cha

I love SBM
Well I'm happy that the box cover is at least original looking artwork. :D

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
CowBob RanchPants said:
Well I'm happy that the box cover is at least original looking artwork. :D
They're definitely stock images because I've seen both SpongeBob and Patrick elsewhere, but I still think it looks pretty good. Waaaay better than the ugly stock images they were using for stuff before.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
I'll make sure to buy it and give an in depth review.

The Tide and Seeker

Balloon Traveler
I actually thought Kellogg would do this instead of General Mills. The reason why I say that is because Kellogg did some SpongeBob cereal back in 2002 for some reason. And 2004 for the movie.

Back