New Spongebob CD.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
As some of you might already know, I have a soft spot for German Spongebob.
Mr Schwammkopf has a new CD coming out next month, which is basically Spongebobbed versions of some well-known pop songs. Not a patch on the "Best Day Ever" album (all original songs written by Tom Kenny and Andy Paley), but since Spongebob is huge in Germany it's about time they got an equivilant ... even if it is a bit tacky.

One track has been released as a teaser (with some annoying sound effects that pop up randomly, to make sure you don't just steal the song off Youtube). It's "Waka Waka" aka "Lecker Lecker". In German, "lecker" means tasty/yummy. So yeah ... it's basically Waka Waka with lyrics about Krabby Patties. I think it's pretty funny lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3i5Le87KH8

Might not be worth buying if;
a ) You don't speak German,
b ) You don't like Spongebob's German voice.

But it's definitely worth buying if you're a German-literate, die-hard Spongebob fan like me. :thumb1:

The Dark Knight

Fashionabluh
I don't care it's in German. That's incredibly catchy. Like...ridiculously catchy. I don't understand a lick of it, but I want it.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
The German songs are always way more catchy that the English ones haha
I need to learn German :P
Jammi Jammi Jammi =D .............. ?

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
The German songs are always way more catchy that the English ones haha
I need to learn German :P
Jammi Jammi Jammi =D .............. ?

I'm pretty sure "jammi" is slang. Means what it sounds like - "yummy". :thumb1:

Lazlo

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Even though I don't speak German, that song was fun. I may need to check out the CD. =]

Mothra

Billy Bighands
Not as good as the Spanish version, just like every other Shakira song

I kid, I kid. Sounds pretty good. Wonder what other songs are on the album...

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Not as good as the Spanish version, just like every other Shakira song

I kid, I kid. Sounds pretty good. Wonder what other songs are on the album...

Track listing: http://www.sonymusic.de/Spongebob/Bobmusik-Das-Gelbe-Album/P/2462547

:scooter: - "That is AWWWWWWWWWWWESOME, dude!!!!!!!"

No, I'm not kidding. That was too awesome, even though I haven't revised much German. It's too catchy as well, and I'm German AND a SpongeBob fan forever. :thumb1:

I wonder how to get it though. I hope it can be imported from Germany to the United States. :prop:

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I would like this CD, but not so much that I'm willing to pay 12.99 and 4.99 shipping. Tried to download it odd amazon.de as well but they have a restriction placed on it so you can't do that outside of Germany. Kind of disappointed now ... hopefully it won't be too long before they make it availaable in the UK.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
Very interesting.

hopefully it won't be too long before they make it availaable in the UK.

And in the USA, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, too. It would be possible if they made an English version with Tom Kenny (the English voice of SpongeBob) doing vocals. The real challenge would be to come up with great English lyrics.

Spongefifi

Derpina
Hehe, that was pretty awesome and so catchy! They need to make something like this CD in English, seriously, they're so lazy here >.>

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
They need to make something like this CD in English, seriously, they're so lazy here >.>

Don't forget that Tom Kenny actually writes and composes songs for Spongebob from scratch; they did the Best Day Ever CD which was all original musical, and Don't Be A Jerk. (And that 17 minute NRBQ tribute!) He's also hoping to do a full Christmas album.
Secondly - this is going to sound kind of strange, but although this RnB/hiphop thing kind of suits the German Spongebob, I just can't imagine our Spongebob doing it. It's ... out of character. It's too "cool", and the whole point of Spongebob is that he isn't cool. He's a geek.

My Tighty Whiteys FTW. :thumb1:

Back