• Jellyfish Fields

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

spongedude

The Librarian
Staff member

3,797 posts
$1,341 doubloons
We're introducing 4 new forum styles/skins today! :)

Including the default, SBM v6, you can now select Pineapple Paradise, Mermalair, Rock Bottom, and Jellyfish Fields. These are designed to be graphics-light styles, for quick-loading and proper display on all devices, mobile or laptop/desktop.

Few people are around who remember the fan-site SpongeBob Area, from 2003-2004, but the Pineapple Paradise theme is an homage to an old skin they had (and quite a good one it was). Rock Bottom is very similar to the default dark theme, while Mermalair and Jellyfish Fields take their color cues from the respective show locales. I drew on specific colors from specific images for these skins, adjusting them a bit as necessary (for readability and aesthetics).

I've done a good couple weeks of testing while working on these new styles, but there's always a chance I missed something. If you notice anything on the styles that has poor readability or an especially garish color contrast, please bring it to my attention here. I'll do my best to fix it. ;)

Chris

Floridian

784 posts
$703 doubloons
SpongeBob Area you didn't like years ago. The Microsoft of the SpongeBob forums? You're a Mac person.

Anyway, I have not looked at the skins yet.

spongedude

The Librarian
Staff member

3,797 posts
$1,341 doubloons
@Chris Were they? I honestly cannot remember. :p Either way, water under the bridge!

I'll wait to get some more responses, but I'm genuinely curious to see what's most popular. Please don't hesitate to offer feedback.

Chris

Floridian

784 posts
$703 doubloons
@Chris Were they? I honestly cannot remember. :p Either way, water under the bridge!

I'll wait to get some more responses, but I'm genuinely curious to see what's most popular. Please don't hesitate to offer feedback.
I couldn't agree more.

A Peep

happy hopping moron

181 posts
$178 doubloons
I don’t want to sound like an idiot but... how do you use them? Because on my select screen, I only have SBM 1-6, mobile & Christmas

spongedude

The Librarian
Staff member

3,797 posts
$1,341 doubloons
@A Peep You must be talking about the main site - those skins haven't changed. The new styles are exclusive to the forums. At the bottom-left corner of the forums, there's a paintbrush icon with some text (the name of the current style) next to it. Click that and select whatever skin you wish. :)

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff member

23,408 posts

$4,061 doubloons
Please make sure you look on mobile, too! I'm currently working on one that I want to release next week that has some mobile issues, but should be fixable.