My Top 23 Episodes of SpongeBob Season 10 [Interactive]

WayslideCool

You know what else is yellow? You are!
Interesting! I personally enjoyed "Whirly Brains," but everyone to their own. I do agree with your point on SpongeBob and Patrick in the episode, though.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
Nice that you're using my old list from my season 9 one (which I never finished sadly). I'm more comfortable to post my thoughts here.
I don't like Whirlybrains, but don't hate it that much either. It's bland, boring and without any conflict whatsoever until the last quarter of it. It has some good little stuff thrown into it though, and I don't mind SpongeBob and Patrick in it much, but it's still very mediocre.
Mermaid Pants, however, is great. After a worrying start, I was really happy with how it turned out. It was really fun, for the most part. It's a good way to keep the legacy of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy going and I'm happy that it won't just used for this one episode. Hopefully the next installments are just as good.

EdisonB123

Imitation Krab
Too be honest, I though Whirly brains was a really fun and well done episode but you have an opinion and I'll respect that! Actually, the first time I watched Mermaidpants I thought is was a boring episode but after watching it a second time, I can't even put my finger on why I thought it was bad. It was such a fun episode and was cool to see squidward take on a character in that kind of situation and overall it is a very good episode.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Whirly Brains got a lot worse once the excitement I had for season 10 faded away, Mermaid Pants on the other hand is an excellent episode.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
Mimic Madness is awesome: aside from like the very ending of it, every joke worked and Spongebob imitating the characters was some great voice acting. Also my favorite of the season so far. House Worming is alright. Not too memorable or funny, as it isn't a new concept in the show, but it's not bad either. The main episode is okay, but Clam Up! was nice little short to fill in the runtime. The next couple of episodes though...

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
A good pair of episodes. While I don't think Mimic Madness is nearly as good as some people say it's a very good episode and House Worming is all around solid.

Personally I don't think the next pair is very good, Snooze You Lose is okay but very predictable and Krusty Katering is just a mess. I'm a little mixed on SpongeBob's Place but it's a very harmless episode and Plankton Gets the Boot is one of the better episodes in season 10 so far.

WayslideCool

You know what else is yellow? You are!
I whole-heartedly agree with this review.

For the next few episodes...
  • "Snooze You Lose" is fine, but ultimately my least favorite of Season 10 thus far. It felt a little heavy on some gross-out stuff, and definitely carries elements from other episodes, but I think the humor was still present, it felt unique enough not to feel completely rehashed, and overall I believe is still solid.
  • "Krusty Katering" is a funny episode, but feels really... really unfocused. It's essentially trying to tell four different stories about different characters, all which have too little time to resolve themselves. It's still really funny, and does do well for that sort of manic, crazy mood I suppose it was trying to go for, but I can definitely see why one wouldn't like it.
  • "SpongeBob's Place" is a little on the basic side, but for what it does, it's a really entertaining episode. I never really considered the idea of SpongeBob overpowering Krabs in popularity, but it does set up a conflict which is believable, and is able to tell several good gags through it. Not the most inspired or "out-there" episode, but it's certainly a good episode I'd be willing to re-watch.
  • "Plankton Gets the Boot" is a little ahead of its sister, mostly for having something a bit more fresh as far as concepts go. The Plankton-Karen character dynamic I feel could be a little more elaborated, and this episode definitely delivers, with some good gags to back it up. Admittedly, SpongeBob in a dress as a joke is something I'm really tired of, but I can't let it completely tarnish what is otherwise a pretty fantastic episode.

My ranks for Season 10 so far would be...
  • Snooze You Lose (B-)
  • House Worming (B)
  • Krusty Katering (B+)
  • Clam Up! (A-)
  • Whirly Brains (A-)
  • Mermaid Pants (A)
  • SpongeBob's Place (A)
  • Plankton Gets the Boot (A)
  • Mimic Madness (A+)
From what I can differ, you are a little more negative on this season than I am, but that is perfectly fine. I definitely see the basis of your criticisms, especially with the SpongeBob-Patrick character dynamic, since I notice they feel as though they're kinda blending together whenever placed together in an episode. While I do believe these episodes are still funny, I can see why they'd be seen as annoying, and fear they could culminate into bad episodes later on. Nonetheless, I guess I'd give some thoughts.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I completely agree on Snooze You Lose and Krusty Katering, so nothing to really comment on .

However I do differ on the next two, not necessarily that I disagree with anything you said about "SpongeBob's Place" but more so I was less enthusiastic about the positives and the negatives were a little more apparent. I thought the humor was just okay, the plot felt a little on the soft side, and the shtick of Squidward getting crazy is starting to get old, there's been little to no grumpy Squidward this season, I think Patrick has been more of a straight-man.

And as for Plankton Gets the Boot I think it's more due to how I view Plankton as a character, I didn't really see an episode that was trying to be a serious story like Single Cell Anniversary, I just enjoyed how the episode took a different, more comedic direction, and that's what I liked, the comedy was really strong in this episode, probs the best since MermaidPants in my book. Plus I think Plankton throwing Karen out and replacing her with a newer model in Karen 2.0 is far worse, but that's just me, I respect your opinion.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
As for Snooze You Lose, I can see why people would give it credits for SpongeBob and Patrick genuinely trying to help Squidward, it was nice that for once they didn't go the stupid way. But it's difficult for me to care when the whole episode is boring, its elements were done better in other episodes, and it just wasn't funny. Krusty Katering, nothing to disagree on, it was a mess. I liked the jokes but they feel out of place in the context of the episode. It's a mixed bag.

The next week of episodes was solid. Not what I'd call great, but solid. I liked SpongeBob's Place but its standard story and jokes prevented me from liking it more. It was just solid. As for Plankton Gets the Boot... yeah, I really expected that Plankton's soft side was shown here, but it wasn't the case. But at least I was entertained somewhat, so I can't say I didn't like this one. I still prefer SpongeBob's Place, but both episodes were definitely on a lower scale of enjoyment. They were good, and that's what I ask for.

I haven't seen the next batch of episodes. Apparently Life Insurance didn't turn out that well, whereas Burst Your Bubble is considered the better of the two, but I need to see that myself.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Agree with both choices. Life Insurance is just a sorta eh episode that doesn't have much going for it. Burst Your Bubble is certainly the more interesting in terms of plot but the execution leaves more to be desired. I love the idea of SpongeBob being Mrs. Puff's teacher but they don't do much with it, a sharp contrast to the hilarious dynamic between Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob in Tutor Sauce.

Back