My top 12 worst episodes of Spongebob per season

Which is the absolute WORST Season of Spongebob

• Total voters

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
Since I Did my top 12 favorite Regular episodes of each & every season. . . Before getting into my favorite & Least Favorite Specials. . . I'll get into my Absolute LEAST Favorite Episode from Each Season of Spongebob, 1-12. . . and Unlike before; I'll add some DIS-HONORABLE Mentions for Each season; and not just the seasons with more episodes that would make the decisions harder

Let's Begin:

Note: My List is not ranked; the Numbers go from 1 down to 12; in Order from 1st season to the most recent season. . . I'm Not ranking them on which ones I hate the most; I'm just going to go in Chronological Order; as that makes more sense to me

Key:

#_A . My Pick for Worst episode of the season Listed after the Hashtag & before the A
#_B. My List of DIShonorable Mentions of the season Listed after the Hashtag & Before the B

I. Pre-Movie
1A: Season 1: I Was a Teenage Gary: Considered by many to be the worst of the first season; I'm inclined to agree; since Spongebob was stupid enough to leave Gary in Squidward's Lack of Care; and It goes downhill from there
1B. Dishonorable Mentions for Season 1: Valentine's Day(One of the EARLIEST Examples of Patrick's a Pr*ck episodes)
2A. Season 2: I'm With Stupid(Another early example of Patrick's a Pr*ck episodes in the show's history)
2B. Dishonorable Mentions for Season 2: Dumped(Mean-spirited & Contrived) Wormy(Scared me with the Live-action Insect and the Buzzing it made when I was younger), Grandma's Kisses(The Other non-related characters are bullies towards spongebob), Prehibernation Week(It's a Spongebob Torture P***)
3A. The Bully(I Hated this episode; Because of Flats; the Most Insufferable Disrespectful Delinquient I've ever seen; who's disrespectful to his own dad; I'm glad he NEVER came back after this episode)
3B. Dishonorable Mentions for Season 3: Rock-a-bye-Bivalve(seriously; this episode is why People think Patrick & Spongebob were an item; when BOTH of them are actually Asexual; and Not just because that's how Sponges & Sea stars are able to reproduce in Real Life either!! They're Not a couple; They're both Asexual, as confirmed by Stephen Hillenburg himself while he was still alive) Party Pooper Pants(Spongebob is an A***hole in this episode) Clams(Mr Krabs is Insufferable here; and he only gets worse as the Show goes on) Krabby land(An Episode Where Krabs is utterly despicable; and He only gets worse post-movie & post-sequel) The Great Snail Race(Because it's basically a Gary Torture P***)
II. Post-Movie
4A. Season 4: All that Glitters(Because Spongebob was set up to lose from the beginning; selling all his positions for a Snooty Spatula that refused to do his job)
4B. Dishonorable Menions for Season 4: Good Neighbors, The Thing, Squid Wood(Because Squidward Torture P***)
5A. Season 5: To Love a Patty(Is Disgusting)
5B. Dishonorable Mentions: TBH, It was hard enough just to find even one atrocity that stood out to me
6A. Season 6: I Know that I'm going to get a Lot of Flak for saying I Don't like this one; this is the MOST Controversial one on the entire list; but the Season 6 episode I HATE is Sand Castles in the sand; I get that it's well-recieved by others; but the reason I Don't care for it and hate it more than all the others; is because I see it as What Mr. Enter(who Liked this episode) would call a Patrick's a Pr*ck Episode; because I found Patrick rather insufferable, and saw him as the ANTAGONIST. . . as Spongebob seemed to be the more reasonable of the two, and Patrick was an A***hole
6B. Dishonorable Mentions: The Card(Patrick's a Pr*ck), Choir Boys(Spongebob's a Pr*ck because he's Torturing Squidward with Malicious Intent), The Splinter(Disgusting & Cringy & Uncomfortable, and Painful to watch), Overbooked(Spongebob torture P***)
7A. Season 7: This is the HARDEST One to choose for; as there's PLENTY of Bad Episodes here in this season; however, the Most Despicable & Mean-spirited of them all is; ONE COARSE MEAL; Seriously; Krabs tries to get Plankton to commit Suicide; this is one of the WORST things he's ever done; and he's done PLENTY of terrible things; Con Kids out of Money on a Dangerous Playground; Frame Spongebob for stealing the formula when he did; Force his Employees to stay stranded at sea for a STUPID Dollar; Blame Squidward for taking his number 1 dime when it was in his back pocket, and then blame him again for putting it in his pants; Sell a Rotten Krabby patty; Try to Kill a Health Inspector because he thinks he's a phony; Cause Spongebob & Patrick to be paranoid when painting his house; Robs a Grave for a Soda-drinking Hat; torturing Jellyfish for their jelly; Abusing Gary and it only gets worse from here)
7B. Dishonorable Mentions for Season 7: Tenticlevision(Seriously; why can't Squidward get any happiness; why must the entirety of Bikini Bottom not let Squidward have his Moments of Happiness on TV), Stuck in the Wringer, Yours Mine, and Mine; and many others
8A. Season 8: Drive-thru(Mr Krabs has NO reason to be THIS Much of a Swindler; He refuses to fix a Hole in his restaurent; Refuses to get The Proper amendities for a Drive through, even though Spongebob HAS Gotten the proper Amendities himself; I now see Krabs as the TRUE Antagonist; and More villainous than Plankton; at least Plankton's not anywhere near as A Complete monster like he is in the 1st Movie; wanting to KILL Spongebob & Patrick, enslave bikini bottom, etc)
8B. Dishonorable Mentions: Pet sitter Pat, Bubble Buddy Returns,
III. Post-Sequel
9A. Season 9(Non-Special): Mutiny on the Krusty(Krabs is absolutely DESPICABLE)
9B. Dishonorable Mentions: Squid Baby, Patrick! the Game,
10A. Season 10: Out of the Picture(Krabs tries to KILL Squidward to make money off HIS Art)
10B. Dishonorable Mention for Season 10: Plankton Gets the Boot[The Only part of that Episode I Liked; was Spongebob Being & stating that he was Uncomfortable with Plankton swooning while he was crossdressing(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87HQIr6YacU)]
11A. Season 11: Ink Lemonade(Seriously; this is out of place here; It'd fit in more with Season 6 & 7; due to it being Both the worst Patrick's a Pr*ck Episode and the worst Squidward Torture P***; since Patrick's a Pr*ck BECAUSE he's Torturing Squidward. . .)
11B. Dishonorable Mentions for Season 11: Cuddle E. Hugs(I HATE This episode), Squirrel Jelly(Sandy's a Real C*** in this episode), Library Cards, Appointment TV(Rehash of Overbooked)
12A. Season 12: The Nitwitting
12B. Dishonorable Mentions for season 12: King Plankton, Senior Discount

What are YOUR Guys' Least Favorite NON-Special Episodes of Spongebob, per season; from seasons 1-12?

Last edited:

0fflinejoe

Imitation Krab
S7, is the freaking abomination, of a terrible godly show, i mean nick, WHY? WHY THIS, PAINFUL SEASON?

Stimul

Banished
The Bully slander hurts. The way they portrayed Flatts as a bully was really witty and hilarious. You can tell they put a lot of effort into the humor in the episode. I get frustrated in mean-spiritness on this show but I feel this is one example that I just don't agree with you on.

SploderEnigma

Floating Shopping List
I'm sorry but I don't understand the reasonings for Wormy and Rock-a-bye-Bivalve

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
The Bully slander hurts. The way they portrayed Flatts as a bully was really witty and hilarious. You can tell they put a lot of effort into the humor in the episode. I get frustrated in mean-spiritness on this show but I feel this is one example that I just don't agree with you on.
I HATED That A***hole; He was despicable & disrespectful towards everyone; INCLUDING His Dad; I wouldn't even treat my Dad that way!! I Hate Bullies & Bully Characters!!

I'm sorry but I don't understand the reasonings for Wormy and Rock-a-bye-Bivalve

I Hated Wormy Because It Terrified me when I was a Kid; Because of How scary the Live-action Insect was to me as a Child

Rock-a-bye-Bivalve confused people into Thinking that Spongebob & Patrick were Gay; and they AREN'T; They're Both Asexual, as confirmed by Stephen Hillenburg when he was still alive!! People can be best friends, and also NOT be in Love with each other, aka completely Platonic Besties

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
S7, is the freaking abomination, of a terrible godly show, i mean nick, WHY? WHY THIS, PAINFUL SEASON?
I Agree; It IS the worst; But Even amongside the majority of the Garbage in Season 7; there ARE A few gems buried deep within this Season that I DO legitimately enjoy; such as Enchanted Tiki Dreams. . .

2000sKid

Giant Clam
Season 2 should be "Welcome to the Chum Bucket" because it's sad

This Grill is Not a Home makes me cri evrytiem ;(

I disagree with the dishonorable mentions of Season 3, Flats is a funny bit and Rock-a-Bye Bivalve has some great jokes in it. Granted, I don't remember what else is in that season so maybe those two are the worst, pre-movie SpongeBob is almost entirely great.

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
Season 2 should be "Welcome to the Chum Bucket" because it's sad

This Grill is Not a Home makes me cri evrytiem ;(

I disagree with the dishonorable mentions of Season 3, Flats is a funny bit and Rock-a-Bye Bivalve has some great jokes in it. Granted, I don't remember what else is in that season so maybe those two are the worst, pre-movie SpongeBob is almost entirely great.
Flats is NOT Funny; He's a Disrespectful abusive piece of S*** that even abuses HIS OWN DAD!! that is NOT Funny!

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
I'm with stupid is wayyyy too overhated. It's such a funny episode, and sure patrick is being a jerk, but it's played out in a comedic way.

Back