My thoughts on Patrick being a ''jerk''

SpongeSponge6262

Baby Clam
Honestly , i don't really mind it when Patrick acts like a jerk . He can be funny at times like that scene in The Splinter when Patrick saying that he went to medical school . Secondly , Patrick has always been a jerk whenever he is in control of something or somebody . I can give you a few examples : Suds , Hooky , I'm with Stupid , Rock a Bye Bivalve , New Student Starfish etc . You can't say that Patrick being a jerk is out of character for him because he's always been like that from time to time . Patrick being a jerk isn't bad because he's always been like that and it creates a conflict for the episode . Like how are you supposed to have a conflict without any of the characters acting mean ? Patrick is still the same kind hearted dummy that we know and i disagree with him being ''flanderized '' (i don't like that word ) because he's always been a jerk .

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
True, it is in character for him to be a jerk. There are just times where he's so much of a jerk, it's too hard to believe and straight-up not funny.

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0
Agreed. Patrick being a jerk is fine and dandy, and I like that rough side of him, but it needs to be balanced. Him being a jerk needs to make sense in a situation. Patrick being a jerk isn’t out of character. You mentioned “I’m With Stupid” and “New Student Starfish”. Good examples of Patrick being a jerk. But the old episodes knew how to do it right for the most part, whereas when Patrick is a jerk in the worse seasons of SpongeBob, it seems out of place.

SpongeSponge6262

Baby Clam
[
True, it is in character for him to be a jerk. There are just times where he's so much of a jerk, it's too hard to believe and straight-up not funny.
While i personally enjoy Seasons 6-8 . It's at least understandable . I think the new episodes also do it right . Want me to explain ?

Last edited:
Back