My thought about every Spongebob Episode

realcodyjnutt

Floating Shopping List
Well I mean we've seen the bikini bottomites hating Squidward even in the beginning like culture shock
Then again that was one of the only pre movie episodes that had that hatred, but let's admit it, everyone loved spongebob in that episode.

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
realcodyjnutt said:
Well I mean we've seen the bikini bottomites hating Squidward even in the beginning like culture shock
Then again that was one of the only pre movie episodes that had that hatred, but let's admit it, everyone loved spongebob in that episode.
Well, that episode was a lot funnier than Squid Wood: it had Patrick laughing every time Squidward talked, Pearl cheerleading and Squid's epic dance sequence.

realcodyjnutt

Floating Shopping List
Well, that episode was a lot funnier than Squid Wood: it had Patrick laughing every time Squidward talked, Pearl cheerleading and Squid's epic dance sequence.
and I just realized you had a profile image from culture shock, but anyways we all have opinions and we don't always have to agree with one another, I just wanted to express my feelings that's all, Can't wait to see your season 5 review! I bet that spy buddies is gonna be labeled as good.

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
realcodyjnutt said:
and I just realized you had a profile image from culture shock, but anyways we all have opinions and we don't always have to agree with one another, I just wanted to express my feelings that's all, Can't wait to see your season 5 review! I bet that spy buddies is gonna be labeled as good.
Of course. That's the precise purpose of my topic.
As for season 5 review, who knows, I might post it today...

realcodyjnutt

Floating Shopping List
Of course. That's the precise purpose of my topic.
As for season 5 review, who knows, I might post it today...
when I see season 5 I think of it as a bunch of episodes with some very good episodes but some very bad episodes, we got like friend or foe spy buddies Krabs a la mode and new digs but then we got night light waiting rise and shine and Atlantis square pantis (it almost autocorrected to square panties)
But yeah i hope that it comes today

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
So, why not? After season 4 review, let's go on with season 5.

• Friend or Foe GOOD
  • The Original Fry Cook MEH -- I loved the flashbacks, Squidward's hair and sarcasm. And... that's all. I can perfectly state that if there weren't those things, I'd give it a BAD rating. Krabs praises Jim all the time, and Spongebob thinks he's going to replace him. And besides, why does he have to throw away a bunch of patties into the toilet? It isn't funny.
  • Night Light MEH -- meh, forgettable.
  • Rise and Shine BAD -- wasted potential, it could have been a much better episode. Patrick is just too stupid in this.
  • Waiting BAD -- Spongebob's a **** to Sandy, to Patrick and even to Gary. The ending is unusually the best part, with Spongebob's apparently calm expression and Squidward saving the day without being tortured. Nevertheless, this episode remains bad.
  • Fungus Among Us BAD - wow, three in a row (no wonder Pieguyrulz called it 'The Infamous 83 Trilogy'): it's gross, makes no sense, and of course it's pointless.
  • Spy Buddies GOOD
  • Boat Smarts BAD -- most fans consider it a rip-off of KKTV, I think it's a badly done Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner look alike cartoon. Spongebob is in the wrong and nothing bad happens to him, while Squidward... you already know.
  • Good Ol' Whatshisname HORRIBLE -- what? Is this stuff even worse than Fungus Among Us? Well, it is. That episode was bad, while this one not only is really bad and stupid, but is also INSULTING, from the beginning to the end. Squidward was out of character, okay, then he was sent to jail, only to find out that the prize was the brochure... this was a beating (a slap is not enough) in the face at the audience. Stupid, insulting, pointless and unfunny. It hit the bottom once again. Congrats.
  • New Digs GOOD
  • Krabs a la Mode GOOD
  • Roller Cowards GOOD
  • Bucket Sweet Bucket GOOD
  • To Love a Patty HORRIBLE -- unsettling, unneeded, unfunny, creepy, gross and unsanitary... this episode is amazing. In order to defend that rotten patty, Spongebob even killed some scallops, and perhaps one of those could have been the one he had raised in RaBB. But I digress. While I understand the original concept, of loving his own artwork, I simply hate its realization: this concept is a matter of pride, of satisfaction, not of a stupid excuse for a horrible episode.
  • Breath of Fresh Squidward GOOD -- I just can't hate this one, this is... karma. It was really nice to see Squidward annoying Spongebob, and even overshadowing him. This episode is a sort of comeuppance for every time Spongebob has been annoying Squidward (Good Neighbors, Squid Wood, and also Boating Buddies, even if the latter came after this). The ending is okay, but overall, I really enjoyed this role reversal.
  • Money Talks GOOD
  • SpongeBob vs. the Patty Gadget GOOD
  • Slimy Dancing MEH -- the ending was epic. As for the dance sequence... I still prefer the one in Culture Shock.
  • The Krusty Sponge BAD -- Krabs at his worst, poisoning customers and taking advantage of the judge's addiction. It should have ended badly for HIM, not for Squidward.
  • Sing a Song of Patrick MEH -- I expected it to be funnier, sorry.
  • A Flea in Her Dome MEH -- nothing special.
  • The Donut of Shame GOOD
  • The Krusty Plate GOOD
  • Goo Goo Gas GOOD
  • Le Big Switch MEH -- this looks like an earlier Spongebob, You're Fired... that one was worse, though. But we're going to talk about it later...
  • Atlantis SquarePantis MEH -- this one is overhated... I think it's okay. It's approximately on the same level as season 3 TSWCF.
  • Picture Day MEH -- seriously, Spongebob should stop crying.
  • Pat No Pay MEH -- Patrick isn't a jerk here, he's just... himself. Love his last line, though.
  • BlackJack MEH -- eeh, filler can be an issue. Fifth meh episode in a row.
  • Blackened Sponge GOOD -- strangely, it wasn't bad.
  • Mermaid Man vs. SpongeBob GOOD
  • The Inmates of Summer GOOD
  • To Save a Squirrel MEH -- the title isn't relevant to the episode. Bland, with an okay ending.
  • Pest of the West GOOD
  • 20,000 Patties Under the Sea GOOD
  • The Battle of Bikini Bottom MEH -- please, avoid some close-ups.
  • What Ever Happened to SpongeBob? HORRIBLE -- it can be described only using one word: mean-spirited. From Spongebob being called idiot-boy by everyone, including Gary, to the cheap plot device, the amnesia, and that ****, horrendous close-up (for the sake of your peristalsis, I won't post the picture, but luckily it won't be necessary. For the record, don't even dare to post it). The plot is stupid and incomplete. Really, I can save nothing from this abomination.
  • The Two Faces of Squidward MEH -- at first I wanted to give it a GOOD, but the ending is just perverse.
  • SpongeHenge BAD -- the episode is underwhelming and the ending is unnecessarily depressing.
  • Banned in Bikini Bottom MEH -- boring.
  • Stanley S. SquarePants BAD -- what a season finale. Stanley is even worse than BlackJack, who at least was in jail. He does so many jerky actions, and Spongebob takes the blame for them. Again, I never liked this cliché and I'm never going to like it. It's just cheap and annoying.

Wow, we're done finally. And we're still alive. 17 GOOD, 14 MEH, 7 BAD and 3 HORRIBLE episodes. Of course it's not comforting to see the increasing amount of bad episodes. Tomorrow I'm posting season 6 review, so be prepared to taste more SCUMBOB stuff.

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
Disagree with:

The Lost Mattress (Good)
HYSTS? (Good)
Skill Crane (Good)
Good Neighbors (Horrible)
Funny Pants (Bad, would have been Meh if it wasn't for all that annoying laughing and crying)
Karate Island (Good)
All that Glitters (Horrible)
Squidtastic Voyage (good)
Squid Wood (Meh)

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Let's enter the meanderings of season 6, which is considered the worst season of Spongebob... and we're going to find out if it is true.

• House Fancy MEH -- I can't hate it. The dying toilet was funny and I loved the ending: it was great to see Squidward win for once. Oh, and there's a scene involving a toenail, but you probably don't need to know it...
  • Krabby Road GOOD
  • Penny Foolish BAD -- it's not a good episode, but it's far from being the worst one ever. However, I've got a problem with this episode: Krabs is already rich by his own, then WHY THE **** should he be interested in possessing a mere, tiny penny?? Seeing him going crazy because he keeps insisting on finding that **** penny... makes little sense.
  • Nautical Novice BAD -- this episode is standard, but the ending ruined it. Spongebob could've obtained his driving licence in a cool way, but the writers decided to include a random guy who was dragging the boat... wow, that's lazy. If it weren't for the ending, I would've given it a MEH.
  • Spongicus GOOD
  • Suction Cup Symphony MEH -- it's not so pleasant hearing Patrick's constant yelling, but, like House Fancy, I can't hate this one, either. The ending is actually nice, with Squidward winning, the audience really enjoyed his symphony. Up until now endings have been deciding, positively and also negatively.
  • Not Normal GOOD
  • Gone BAD -- this one is difficult: the beginning is good, Spongebob imitating Bikini-Bottomites was funny. Then we have him becoming friend of a boat... weird. Finally we get to the infamous ending, and yes, it IS mean-spirited and sad. Even Patrick, his supposedly best friend, took part of the National No Spongebob Day... no need to add anything else. Probably Spongebob should've ****ed them off.
  • The Splinter HORRIBLE -- nothing can redeem this. It's PURE EVIL.
  • Slide Whistle Stooges BAD -- it's not bad for the reason you think. Squidward having fun with Spongebob and Patrick was unusual, but the final part is terrible: Bikini-Bottomites CHEERED at Squidward crashing, then the two played their slide whistles in a HOSPITAL, in which there are no patients and they can do whatever they want... bah.
  • A Life in a Day GOOD
  • Sun Bleached MEH -- okay, my problem here is not the moral, but the rest being forgettable. The ending was okay, I guess.
  • Giant Squidward MEH -- at least Spongebob and Patrick were nice to Squid.
  • No Nose Knows GOOD -- yeah, Patrick is annoying, but the ending was amusing.
  • Patty Caper GOOD
  • Plankton's Regular BAD -- seeing Krabs trying to steal Plankton's formula was ironic, but WHY THE **** should he be interested in winning over Plankton's first and only customer?? And the problem is that he's not even the worst character here. The Oscar goes to: Karen. She's insensitive to Plankton.
  • Boating Buddies HORRIBLE -- the writers should've focused more on the understanding between Squidward and Mrs. Puff. Now THAT would've been interesting to watch. Instead, we get Boating Buddies: free, unneeded, unjustified Squid abuse, and really annoying Spongebob. His creepy expression didn't bother me too much, the rest DID it.
  • The Krabby Kronicle BAD -- Krabs thinking only about money and counterfeiting it at the end. What a loveable gentlecrab. The only memorable thing was Patrick marrying the pole.
  • The Slumber Party GOOD
  • Grooming Gary MEH -- it may be similar to TGSR, but it's less funny and there's less Gary abuse. Anyway, I liked the pet riot and Patrick being a dog.
  • SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One MEH -- underwhelming special, I expected a lot more.
  • Porous Pockets MEH -- Spongebob's change of personality is justified, so it's not too problematic. Moreover, this is a proof that money doesn't buy friendship. Or viceversa.
  • Choir Boys HORRIBLE -- it has anything: annoying Spongebob, unnecessary filler, inevitable Squid abuse and terrible ending. One of the worst ones.
  • Krusty Krushers GOOD
  • The Card BAD -- why is Patrick so stupid?
  • Dear Vikings HORRIBLE -- boring, full of filler, useless episode with an incomplete and rushed ending. Good job.
  • Ditchin' GOOD -- at this point Mrs. Puff must have been arrested a lot more times than Beagle Boys.
  • Grandpappy the Pirate GOOD
  • Cephalopod Lodge HORRIBLE - at the beginning we see Squidward unusually happy, so in these cases what is the best thing to do? Ruining his plans, of course. This is not Squid abuse, no... it's Pure Squidward Torture.
  • Squid's Visit MEH -- I don't hate this episode, the whole creepiness didn't bother me that much. On the other hand, Spongebob whining is obnoxious, he's become such a crybaby. The ending is the best part, with Squidward sleeping at Spongebob's house.
  • To SquarePants or Not To SquarePants MEH -- again, why is Patrick so stupid? And also, why doesn't Sandy recognize Spongebob in his new pants? Apart from it, I really enjoyed him and Squidward bonding for once.
  • Shuffleboarding BAD -- Spongebob and Patrick screw up things, and get away with it. Plus, MM and BB have to pay for their actions.
  • Professor Squidward BAD -- Squidward is in the wrong here, but Spongebob and Patrick are undoubtedly annoying. The locomotive bit was amusing, though.
  • Pet or Pests HORRIBLE - disgusting. No wonder Gary hated those worms.
  • Komputer Overload GOOD
  • Gullible Pants MEH -- Squid's Day Off rip-off.
  • Overbooked GOOD
  • No Hat for Pat BAD -- Krabs at his worst, again.
  • Toy Store of Doom MEH -- not the worst one ever.
  • Sand Castles in the Sand GOOD -- not the best one, but I appreciated its creativity.
  • Shell Shocked MEH -- okay.
  • Chum Bucket Supreme GOOD
  • Single Cell Anniversary GOOD
  • Truth or Square GOOD -- I liked it, the flashbacks were a nice touch. I really enjoyed the alternative opening sequences with Patrick, Squidward and Krabs. It's a much better special than Atlantis Squarepantis and *spoiler alert* The Clash of Triton.
  • Pineapple Fever BAD -- why is Squid abuse being so recurring in these latest seasons? Seriously, stop it.
  • Chum Caverns GOOD
  • The Clash of Triton HORRIBLE -- one of the worst specials. Slow-paced, forgettable with a terrible ending. This one should get much more hate than ToS.

Overall, 17 GOOD, 12 MEH, 11 BAD and 7 HORRIBLE episodes. Oddly enough, season 6 has the same number of good episodes as season 5, but the constantly increasing amount of bad episodes is alarming.
Hoping that season 7 won't be a problem...

realcodyjnutt

Floating Shopping List
I don't get what you mean by gullible pants being a squids day off ripoff
Like just because mr Karan's puts someone else in charge doesn't make it a ripoff
SpongeBob was in charge in this episode but I don't see how spongebob doing stuff that he would normally do just because Squidward thinks sponge bob is gullible enough to believe it. I really don't get where you got the idea of this being a ripoff

Pinhead Larry

The Fountain of Squidward
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern I
Please see my S5 countdown, I think Good ol' Whatshisname is the worst thing ever created.

Major Disagreements for S5 and S6:

Night Light (Good)
Rise and Shine (Good)
Breath of Fresh Squidward (Horrible)
Sing A Song Of Patrick (Good)
Blackjack (Good)
Suction Cup Symphony (Best Post-Movie Eppy Ever)
Sun Bleached (Good)
Giant Squidward (Good)
Patty Caper (Bad)
Gullible Pants (Good)
No Hat For Pat (Good)

Also good to see someone who likes Truth Or Square.

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Pinhead Larry said:
Please see my S5 countdown, I think Good ol' Whatshisname is the worst thing ever created.

Major Disagreements for S5 and S6:

Night Light (Good)
Rise and Shine (Good)
Breath of Fresh Squidward (Horrible)
Sing A Song Of Patrick (Good)
Blackjack (Good)
Suction Cup Symphony (Best Post-Movie Eppy Ever)
Sun Bleached (Good)
Giant Squidward (Good)
Patty Caper (Bad)
Gullible Pants (Good)
No Hat For Pat (Good)

Also good to see someone who likes Truth Or Square.
I know, right? Good ol' Whatshisname is insulting.
Nice list, I wish I could put GOOD on Suction Cup Symphony, Rise and Shine had potential, Blackjack could have had less filler, No Hat For Pat has been ruined by Krabs, Breath of Fresh Squidward was pure karma.

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
Finally someone who likes TOS

My Disagreements for S6 from Good to Horrible
House Fancy (Good)
Penny Foolish (Good)
Suction Cup Symphony (Good)
Gone (Good)
Porous Pockets (Good)
Squid's Visit (Good)
No Hat for Pat (Good)
Shuffleboarding (Good)
Pineapple Fever (Good) (close to Meh)
Slide Whistle Stooges (Meh) (close to Good)
Nautical Novice (Meh)
Dear Vikings (Meh) (close to Bad)
Pet or Pests (Meh) (close to Bad)
The Clash of Triton (Meh) (close to Bad)
The Splinter (Bad)

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
It's time to review season 7, considered by some fans even worse than season 6.

• Tentacle-Vision BAD -- what a wonderful start: more Squid abuse. Do I even have to explain why I don't like it?
  • I Heart Dancing MEH -- forgettable episode, Squidward isn't a nice character here, and as for the dance moves... I still think the dance sequence from Culture Shock is out of reach.
  • Growth Spout GOOD
  • Stuck in the Wringer HORRIBLE -- my problem with this is not the moral at the end, or not even Patrick (he's still an idiot): the main problem is the hypocrisy of Bikini-Bottomites. I mean, Patrick made Spongebob's life a living hell, nevertheless they blame SPONGEBOB... I don't even have to explain why it's wrong. Awful, really awful. I cannot save nothing from this failure.
  • Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy HORRIBLE -- again, Bikini-Bottomites... I wish someone made fish sticks out of them. And besides, there's a lot of filler. What about the ending? It managed to be even worse than the entire episode. Nice job. Oh, I didn't mention it was a badly done rip-off of a much better episode from season 2.
  • The Inside Job GOOD
  • Greasy Buffoons GOOD
  • Model Sponge MEH -- I'm aware of this being caused by a misunderstanding. Of course, if it were no misunderstanding, this episode wouldn't even exist.
  • Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful HORRIBLE -- more free Squid abuse, and the cop is annoying.
  • A Pal for Gary HORRIBLE -- if I had to decide between Boating Buddies Spongebob and APfG Spongebob, I'd choose the former. They're both unpleasant characters, but at least the one from Boating Buddies was closer to the original. APfG has the worst characterization of Spongebob ever: even when Gary's being attacked by Puffy Fluffy, he still thought it was Gary's fault... I've got really nothing to say. And do I even have to mention the pet's design: it's DISGUSTING.
  • Yours, Mine, and Mine BAD -- do you remember Driven to Tears? Patrick seemed to have learnt his lesson. In this episode, he doesn't, he keeps on thinking that sharing and scrounging are the same thing. Wow, this couple of episodes really shone in awful characterization.
  • Kracked Krabs GOOD
  • The Curse of Bikini Bottom GOOD
  • Squidward in Clarinetland GOOD -- I appreciate its creativity, but the ending could have been much better.
  • SpongeBob's Last Stand MEH -- meh, could have been much more substantial. The original idea was actually interesting, but the writers decided to employ it for the stock plot "Plankton's evil, blah blah". Bikini-Bottomites are, hands down, the worst characters of the show. The ending is too rushed and kind of cheap, too.
  • Back to the Past GOOD
  • The Bad Guy Club for Villians GOOD
  • A Day Without Tears BAD -- please, give me an explanation: how come were the writers thinking that emphasizing Spongebob being a crybaby would have been a good idea?? NEVER.
  • Summer Job HORRIBLE -- okay, the lack of interaction between Krabs and Mrs. Puff is quite odd (absolutely no reference of Krusty Love). Mrs. Puff is unlikeable and I can't stand her constant screaming.
  • One Coarse Meal BAD -- I admit the idea of Plankton being afraid of Pearl was actually logical. However, I didn't like Krabs making Plankton's life a living hell. As for the suicide reference, it didn't shock me because it wasn't explicit. Spongebob was okay: he was torn between helping Plankton and Krabs' sake.
  • Gary in Love MEH -- that female snail is worse than Daisy Duck. hahaahaha.
  • The Play's the Thing MEH -- why do they focus on filler?
  • Rodeo Daze BAD -- pretty boring, I don't want to waste words for Bikini-Bottomites.
  • Gramma's Secret Recipe BAD - two bad rip-offs of the same episode, in the SAME season. I guess they're running out of original ideas...
  • The Cent of Money MEH -- Krabs at his worst, but I really liked Spongebob getting mad at him. It took him a lot to understand, though.
  • The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom MEH -- the beginning of the infamous Legends of Bikini Bottom. Could have been worse.
  • Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle GOOD -- considering the standards of LoBB episodes, this was not that bad.
  • The Curse of the Hex BAD -- that character has one of the ugliest designs.
  • The Main Drain BAD -- this is not an episode, this is a HUGE PLOTHOLE. The ending is really cheap.
  • Trenchbillies HORRIBLE -- pointless, it has the same usefulness as Dear Vikings.
  • Sponge-Cano! HORRIBLE -- it's got the same problem as ADWT: let's emphasize Squidward being miserable, it's going to be a good idea... NEVER. I have to admit that Spongebob was a nice character.
  • The Great Patty Caper MEH -- another "Plankton is evil, blah blah" episode. Seriously, they're running out of ideas.
  • That Sinking Feeling MEH -- ok, it's Squid abuse, but I appreciated the effort of it being closer to a pre-movie episode.
  • Karate Star GOOD -- I couldn't resist, this is a nice concept. I realize Patrick went too far, but at least he was aware of it and actually tried to fix his wrongdoing.
  • Buried in Time GOOD
  • Enchanted Tiki Dreams GOOD -- please, NEVER show Squidward bathing anymore. DON'T.
  • The Abrasive Side GOOD
  • Earworm GOOD
  • Hide and Then What Happens? BAD -- I know I already asked that question once, but... WHY is Patrick so dumb?
  • Shellback Shenanigans MEH -- why can't Spongebob recognize Plankton in disguise? Team Rocket style.
  • The Masterpiece GOOD
  • Whelk Attack GOOD -- much to my surprise, it wasn't bad.
  • You Don't Know Sponge BAD -- again, why is Patrick so stupid? You may not know about your best friend's navel, but his shape, at least... However, at the end Patrick proved to be a good friend for Spongebob. I also noticed that nowadays he's so used to crying he has to run up.
  • Tunnel of Glove GOOD -- if it weren't for Patrick, I would give it a MEH. Pearl is annoying.
  • Krusty Dogs MEH -- useless Squid abuse...
  • The Wreck of the Mauna Loa GOOD
  • New Fish in Town MEH -- the ending is stupid, but I laughed at Squidward getting rid of his new neighbor.
  • Love That Squid GOOD
  • Big Sister Sam HORRIBLE -- Sam's a terrible character, Patrick is irritating... that is enough to render this episode mean-spirited. Plus, more free Squid abuse.
  • Perfect Chemistry GOOD -- ironically, it's a better season finale than season 5 or 6.
So... 20 GOOD, 12 MEH, 10 BAD and 8 HORRIBLE episodes. Surprisingly enough, season 7 has more good episodes than the previous 3 seasons.
Season 8 review coming soon.

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
I agree with you on One Coarse Meal is wasn't so bad but not good

Disagreements for S7
I Heart Dancing (Good)
SpongeBob's Last Stand (Good)
A Day Without Tears (Good)
The Cent of Money (Good)
New Fish in Town (Good)
You Don't Know Sponge (Good)
That Sinking Feeling (Good)
The Great Patty Caper (Good)
Yours, Mine, and Mine (Good)
Trenchbillies (Good) (close to Meh)
Tentacle-Vision (Meh)
Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (Meh)
Rodeo Daze (Meh)
Sponge-Cano (Meh)
The Curse of the Hex (Meh)
Hide and Then What Happens (Meh) (close to Bad)
The Plays The Thing (Bad)

Pinhead Larry

S7 disagreements:

Tentacle Vision (Good)
I Heart Dancing (Bad)
Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (Good)
SpongeBob's Last Stand (Good)
Rodeo Daze (Good)
The Cent Of Money (Good)
That Sinking Feeling (Good)
Buried In Time (Meh)
The Abrasive Side (Bad)
Hide and then What Happens (Good)
Shellback Shenanigans (Bad)
You Don't Know Sponge (Horrible)
New Fish In Town (Horrible)

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Season 8:

• Accidents Will Happen MEH -- Patrick abuse (I never knew I'd write it one day).
  • The Other Patty MEH -- if Spongebob was able to manage and especially build a "restaurant", why didn't he think of it for example in Model Sponge or Spongebob, You're Fired? I know he's loyal to KK, but in that way we could do without those kinds of episode.
  • Drive Thru GOOD
  • The Hot Shot GOOD
  • A Friendly Game BAD -- please, stop betting on Squid abuse. It just can't work.
  • Sentimental Sponge MEH -- okay, I understand the concept of being attached to nostalgic items, but this episode magnified this idea. And again, whose fault is it? Patrick's, of course.
  • Frozen Face-Off GOOD -- here the stock plot Plankton is evil blah blah actually isn't badly developed. I laughed at Squidward being frozen, especially the second time... that bored expression of his, as if he was used to it.
  • Squidward's School for Grown Ups BAD -- it's kind of good seeing Squidward and Patrick bonding, and that's all. There's no plot and the opera scene is too odd.
  • Oral Report MEH -- it's not so bad: Patrick's behavior actually had a good reason, he wanted to motivate Spongebob, in order to make him easier to speak in public. However it wasn't enough.
  • Sweet and Sour Squid GOOD
  • The Googly Artiste HORRIBLE -- Patrick is a ****** and more Squid abuse. The ending is terrible and unneedly cruel.
  • A SquarePants Family Vacation MEH -- the concept was nice, but the writers lost it on the way. Too bad.
  • Patrick's Staycation MEH -- Patrick is stupid. Nothing else.
  • Walking the Plankton GOOD
  • Mooncation GOOD
  • Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation MEH -- Pearl is annoying and Krabs thinks only about money. Again, nothing else to say.
  • Ghoul Fools GOOD
  • Mermaid Man Begins GOOD
  • Plankton's Good Eye GOOD
  • Barnacle Face MEH -- the ending was funny, at least.
  • Pet Sitter Pat BAD -- the same concept of IWATG with a different character, and surprisingly it gets the same rating as IWATG.
  • House Sittin' for Sandy HORRIBLE -- 'cause it is filler, filler time... with an awful ending. Besides, that expression gives me nightmares. Really, it's PURE EVIL.
  • Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom HORRIBLE -- I take that back, THIS is pure evil: there's gratuitious Squid abuse, Patrick is an idiot and a really terrible ending. What a nice pair. Congrats.
  • The Way of the Sponge GOOD
  • Bubble Troubles MEH -- I expected worse.
  • The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom GOOD
  • Bubble Buddy Returns MEH -- like I said back then, Bubble Buddy didn't deserve a sequel.
  • Restraining SpongeBob BAD -- Patrick is a brainless moron.
  • Fiasco! BAD -- love the beginning, totally despise the ending. I could have given it a MEH to compensate, but the ending was just cruel.
  • Are You Happy Now? HORRIBLE -- remember what I said about Day Without Tears? "Come on, let's emphasize Squidward being depressed. That would be a great idea for an episode"... what the hell were the writers thinking? While I was watching it, I was feeling a sense of distaste. There was no turning point. At least Spongebob was a pretty nice character, helping Squidward in order to give him a good memory.
  • Planet of the Jellyfish GOOD
  • Free Samples GOOD
  • Home Sweet Rubble GOOD -- was everyone, except Spongebob and Squidward, suffering from Patrick's disease?
  • Karen 2.0 GOOD -- a much better version of Komputer Overload.
  • InSPONGEiac BAD -- the moral at the end is basically the same as Stuck in the Wringer, and no, it's not a good sign. The sequence of Spongebob's dream was actually nice, though.
  • Face Freeze! HORRIBLE -- no need to give further explanation. Just look at the title.
  • Glove World R.I.P. MEH -- okay, this one is overhated. Their attempts of fixing old Glove World had actually a good point, since they didn't want it to be demolished.
  • Squiditis GOOD
  • Demolition Doofus BAD -- the recurring gag of Mrs. Puff being arrested would have worked very well for this episode, because she would DESERVE it. I cannot mask my dislike towards Mrs. Puff, but she'd been arrested in No Free Rides, Doing Time, Summer Job, Ditchin' for stupid reasons, whereas in this episode she was actually committing a crime and should have gotten her comeuppance.
  • Treats! GOOD
  • For Here or To Go GOOD
  • It's a SpongeBob Christmas! GOOD
  • Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up is Go! GOOD
  • Chum Fricassee GOOD -- okay, the ending was too much, but Squidward kinda deserved it.
  • The Good Krabby Name GOOD
  • Move It or Lose It MEH -- a recycled plot from The Other Patty?
  • Hello Bikini Bottom! GOOD -- satisfying season finale. I just didn't like Krabs spending Spongebob's money to buy KK at the end.
23 GOOD, 12 MEH, 7 BAD and 5 HORRIBLE episodes. Season 8 is a step forward to the previous two seasons. The amount of good episodes increased and after season 9 review, we're going to analyze the single best and worst episodes for each season.

Pinhead Larry

Disagreements:

A Friendly Game (Best episode of season)
Squidward's School For Grown Ups (Horrible)
Oral Report (Good)
Patrick's Staycation (Good)
Pet Sitter Pat (Good)
Bubble Troubles (Good)
Planet Of The Jellyfish (Meh)
Fiasco! (Horrible)
Glove World R.I.P (Good)
For Here Or To Go (Meh)
It's A SpongeBob Christmas (Meh)
Chum Fricassee (Bad)

Back