My thought about every Spongebob Episode (REVISED)

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Coffee_lover said:
I personally love Mimic Madness even without song,because this episode has great characters dynamic,a lot of decently funny moments,improvement over Gone,WhoBob WhatPants and Face Freeze,and just for episode’s charm.But well,it’s okay that you not crazy about this episode
I think it's a good episode. I just don't see how it's significantly better than the average good episode. Heck even looking at just new episodes I think Bottle Burglars and Grandmum's the Word have great character dynamics and I think Teacher's Pests and Feral Friends are funnier. And that's not even getting into seasons 1-3 and the best from 4, 5, and 9b. I like it, it just doesn't stand out to me.

Klu said:
Because everybody tastes are different, that's why. If you didn't see good character interactions, atmosphere, pacing and comedy, than I don't know what you even saw in this episode.
Of course it's overrated, but no to extremes of Band Geeks, at least.

And yes, many new episodes are good. Except for Bunny Hunt.
I think lots of eps have those thing though, especially 95% of seasons 1-3 and a good chunk of 4, 5, and 9b. Even in season 10 I think Mermaid Pants and Feral Friends edge it out.

Ehh, to each their own, I don't like a lot of the new eps, I have tons of problems with them. However Bunny Hunt is a masterpiece that redeemed season 11 and made it the best season.

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Let's tackle season 5:

[SIZE=14pt]81) Friend or Foe GREAT [/SIZE](GOOD, really neat story that explains how Krabs and Plankton became enemies)
[SIZE=14pt]82a) The Original Fry Cook MEH [/SIZE](MEH, great flashbacks, but Krabs' behavior?)
[SIZE=14pt]82b) Night Light BAD [/SIZE](once MEH, badly directed and also pretty loud episode. Everything goes too far)
[SIZE=14pt]83a) Rise and Shine BAD [/SIZE](BAD, wasted potential. Let's point out the fact Patrick is stupid once more, please)
[SIZE=14pt]83b) Waiting BAD [/SIZE](BAD, fillers all the time. But at least Squidward gets to shine in the end)
[SIZE=14pt]83c) Fungus Among Us HORRIBLE [/SIZE](once BAD, WHO thought this would be a good concept??)
[SIZE=14pt]84a) Spy Buddies GREAT [/SIZE](GOOD, really entertaining. The ending is also great)
[SIZE=14pt]84b) Boat Smarts BAD [/SIZE](BAD, it's Squid Torture once again. Although, the idea of a documentary is actually interesting. If only it was executed better)
[SIZE=14pt]84c) Good Ol' Whatshisname BAD [/SIZE](once HORRIBLE, it's not utterly terrible, but Squidward is just stupid here)
[SIZE=14pt]85a) New Digs GOOD [/SIZE](GOOD, good execution of an interesting idea)
[SIZE=14pt]85b) Krabs à la Mode GOOD [/SIZE](GOOD, the best part of this is its creativity)
[SIZE=14pt]86a) Roller Cowards GOOD [/SIZE](GOOD, Spongebob and Patrick are well-written here)
[SIZE=14pt]86b) Bucket Sweet Bucket GOOD [/SIZE](GOOD, Squidward's artistic taste is being appreciated for once)
[SIZE=14pt]87a) To Love a Patty HORRIBLE [/SIZE](HORRIBLE, the concept is really stupid and the execution is terrible. The song is also pretty dumb, and shall I even mention Patty's design? Forget it, this episode is gross, unfunny, unsanitary and full of STUPIDITY)
[SIZE=14pt]87b) Breath of Fresh Squidward BAD [/SIZE](once GOOD, here I actually made a backward step, because I rewatched this a few times, and honestly, it's not very good. The beginning with cheerful Squidward is good enough, however from the KK sequence onwards, everything is nonsensical. On one note, Squidward gets to overshadow Spongebob, but then gets mad at him for playing with Patrick. In Fools in April and Little Yellow Book, Squidward humiliates Spongebob, and is immediately hated. Here Spongebob DOES THE SAME THING, and nobody gets mad at him. WHY? Because of status quo? The ending is also stupid)
[SIZE=14pt]88a) Money Talks GOOD [/SIZE](GOOD, Krabs apparently has no soul. Makes sense)
[SIZE=14pt]88b) Spongebob vs. The Patty Gadget GOOD [/SIZE](GOOD, another good short)
[SIZE=14pt]88c) Slimy Dancing GOOD [/SIZE](once MEH, it's not that bad, and the ending is amazing)
[SIZE=14pt]89a) The Krusty Sponge BAD [/SIZE](BAD, while the concept isn't that random, Krabs' character and Squidward being a punching bag ruined this episode)
[SIZE=14pt]89b) Sing a Song of Patrick MEH [/SIZE](MEH, it's not that funny. The song is a bit meh. I actually find Patrick's flashback funnier)
[SIZE=14pt]90a) A Flea in Her Dome BAD [/SIZE](once MEH, Sandy's party sequence is solid, but everything else feels so boring and repetitive. Plus, jerky Patrick blames both Spongebob and Sandy for releasing the fleas. Bloody idiot)
[SIZE=14pt]90b) The Donut of Shame GOOD [/SIZE](GOOD, whoa, Patrick has a conscience)
[SIZE=14pt]90c) The Krusty Plate GOOD [/SIZE](GOOD, exaggeration is the key)
[SIZE=14pt]91a) Goo Goo Gas GOOD [/SIZE](GOOD, Patrick's fart joke is quite funny. Honestly, Plankton's plan is quite clever)
[SIZE=14pt]91b) Le Big Switch MEH [/SIZE](MEH, NO MORE FRENCH STEREOTYPES)
[SIZE=14pt]92) Atlantic SquarePantis BAD [/SIZE](once MEH, I'd never expect the songs to sound that atrocious. Besides, David Bowie's character has an ugly design, and DOESN'T GET TO SING, even though he's voiced by a musical TOP PLAYER)
[SIZE=14pt]93a) Picture Day GOOD [/SIZE](once MEH, I got to give this some more credit for its creativity)
[SIZE=14pt]93b) Pat No Pay MEH [/SIZE](MEH, for some reason, I don't hate episodes/shorts with Hawaiian Train as the title card theme)
[SIZE=14pt]93c) BlackJack GOOD [/SIZE](once MEH, the story is good, but I wish the Captain Blue segment was much shorter)
[SIZE=14pt]94a) Blackened Sponge MEH [/SIZE](once GOOD, Spongebob's flashbacks are creative, but his arrogant attitude diminishes this episode)
[SIZE=14pt]94b) Mermaid Man vs Spongebob GOOD [/SIZE](GOOD, the fibers intuition is pretty clever of Spongebob)
[SIZE=14pt]95a) The Inmates of Summer MEH [/SIZE](once GOOD, why does the warden let the prisoners escape?)
[SIZE=14pt]95b) To Save a Squirrel MEH [/SIZE](MEH, pretty bland, the ending is okay)
[SIZE=14pt]96) Pest of the West MEH [/SIZE](once GOOD, this story is a gigantic cliché, and the climax is pretty weak)
[SIZE=14pt]97a) 20,000 Patties Under the Sea GOOD [/SIZE](GOOD, Plankton insulting a whole family is the best part)
[SIZE=14pt]97b) The Battle of Bikini Bottom GOOD [/SIZE](once MEH, the idea is childish, but I don't have reasons to hate it)
[SIZE=14pt]98) What Ever Happened to Spongebob? HORRIBLE [/SIZE](HORRIBLE, everyone beside Spongebob is so mean-spirited. EVEN SANDY. Squidward is also a horrible character, and the amnesia plot is another huge cliché. This is another awful special)
[SIZE=14pt]99a) The Two Faces of Squidward MEH [/SIZE](MEH, the ending is terrible)
[SIZE=14pt]99b) SpongeHenge BAD [/SIZE](BAD, I APPRECIATE the idea, but the fact this episode is so sorrowful and depressing, sort of lessens it. I also despise that song)
[SIZE=14pt]100a) Banned in Bikini Bottom BAD [/SIZE](once MEH, this is incredibly boring, and those characters are downright unpleasant)
[SIZE=14pt]100b) Stanley S. SquarePants BAD [/SIZE](BAD, Stanley is a brainless idiot, way more than Patrick. And we get another cliché, that with Krabs blaming Spongebob for everything wrong Stanley accomplishes)

We're finally done. Season 5 has 2 GREAT, 15 GOOD, 9 MEH, 12 BAD and 3 HORRIBLE episodes. 17/24 ratio, which shows how this season appears as a bit inconsistent. It's not entirely bad, but not compelling enough, either. The increasing number of bad episodes is also pretty worrisome.
SEASON 1: 24/14/3
SEASON 2: 23/11/5
SEASON 3: 20/14/3
SEASON 4: 15/14/9
SEASON 5: 17/9/15

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Here I am, ready to take on season 6, considered one of the worst SB seasons ever by basically everyone. Is it 101% true? Let's find out now:

[SIZE=14pt]101a) House Fancy GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once MEH, I don't have sufficient reasons to hate it. Yeah, the toenail gag is terrible, but I kinda like the dying toilet and the ending is fantastic: Squidward wins and Spongebob says a cute line)
[SIZE=14pt]101b) Krabby Road GREAT [/SIZE](GOOD, Squidward joining the band sounds great. Although, why does Karen throw out Plankton? Come on)
[SIZE=14pt]102a) Penny Foolish BAD [/SIZE](BAD, still not the absolute worst, since at least Krabs apologizes to Spongebob for his insane attitude. Nevertheless, going crazy for a stupid penny, despite being rich? What's the point?)
[SIZE=14pt]102b) Nautical Novice BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](BAD, I really hate status quo. Spongebob could've earned his driving license in a cool way)
[SIZE=14pt]103a) Spongicus GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, Plankton is evil and the ending doesn't bother me at all. On the contrary, Squidward laughs along with the others)
[SIZE=14pt]103b) Suction Cup Symphony GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once MEH, the symphony is great and the ending is even GREATER. I love seeing Squidward being appreciated for once)
[SIZE=14pt]104a) Not Normal GREAT[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, nice concept executed pretty well)
[SIZE=14pt]104b) Gone BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](BAD, great beginning, extremely weird middle and terrible ending. The idea of an abandoned Bikini Bottom is quite interesting, yet it's used for a Spongebob Torture Procedure)
[SIZE=14pt]105a) The Splinter ABOMINATION[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once HORRIBLE, I'm not cheating, I simply despise this one. Pretty repulsive episode, in which everyone is an idiot, except for Krabs, SURPRISINGLY. That raises so many questions)
[SIZE=14pt]105b) Slide Whistle Stooges HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once BAD, I don't consider slide whistles annoying. What I do find annoying is: 1) Bikini-Bottomites cheering at Squidward crashing, 2) Squidward's slide whistle stuck in his throat and 3) Spongebob and Patrick playing their instruments inside a HOSPITAL. Screw this)
[SIZE=14pt]106a) A Life in a Day GOOD [/SIZE](GOOD, fairly decent)
[SIZE=14pt]106b) Sun Bleached BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once MEH, this episode turns out to be pretty boring)
[SIZE=14pt]107a) Giant Squidward BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once MEH, okay, Spongebob and Patrick are nice to Squidward by creating a giant clarinet for him, but this doesn't definitely excuse Squid Abuse. BY NO MEANS)
[SIZE=14pt]107b) No Nose Knows GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, Patrick is a bit jerky, but I kinda like the ending)
[SIZE=14pt]108a) Patty Caper MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once GOOD, Krabs accuses Spongebob of stealing the segret ingredient he stole himself. WHY does this sound so WRONG?)
[SIZE=14pt]108b) Plankton's Regular BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](BAD, the irony of Krabs trying to steal Plankton's formula is great, but why do they want his first and ONLY customer so badly? The ending is also cruel for Plankton, as it shows how Karen is such a horrible character here: SHE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT HER """HUSBAND""". Screw you)
[SIZE=14pt]109a) Boating Buddies HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](HORRIBLE, this episode could've brought us some interesting empathy between Squidward and Mrs. Puff, since both of them don't put up with Spongebob. And what do they do? Some gratuitous Squid Abuse, with Spongebob acting like a stalker)
[SIZE=14pt]109b) The Krabby Kronicle BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](BAD, Patrick gets the best parts, but Krabs ruined Mrs. Puff's work career. How selfish and greedy can he get??)
[SIZE=14pt]110a) The Slumber Party GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, the doppelganger bit is pretty funny)
[SIZE=14pt]110b) Grooming Gary MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](MEH, the pet riot is a bit funny, but as a whole it's a quite forgettable episode. More like a less violent and less funny version of The Great Snail Race)
[SIZE=14pt]111) Spongebob SquarePants vs. The Big One MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](MEH, JKL is super bland and has no personality, and I don't have reasons to either like or hate this special)
[SIZE=14pt]112a) Porous Pockets BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once MEH, the moral is alrighty, but unlike Rule of Dumb, Spongebob learns his lesson only AFTER he runs out of money)
[SIZE=14pt]112b) Choir Boys ABOMINATION[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once HORRIBLE, I strongly loathe this one. It's full of filler, of unneeded cruelty and horrible characterization for Spongebob)
[SIZE=14pt]113a) Krusty Krushers GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, Spongebob and Patrick are pretty childish, but it works. Krabs gets his comeuppance at the end)
[SIZE=14pt]113b) The Card BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](BAD, so... it turns out Patrick acts stupidly to test other people. And apparently... we also needed to know which bank Spongebob goes to)
[SIZE=14pt]114a) Dear Vikings HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](HORRIBLE, apparently... Spongebob doesn't know about vikings... even though in Bubble Buddy... you know the rest. It's super dull, filled with fillers and with an incomplete ending)
[SIZE=14pt]114b) Ditchin' GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, I don't care about Mrs. Puff getting arrested)
[SIZE=14pt]115a) Grandpappy the Pirate GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, Krabs is a good character in season 6? EXTRAORDINARY)
[SIZE=14pt]115b) Cephalopod Lodge HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](HORRIBLE, Squid Abuse ISN'T FUNNY)
[SIZE=14pt]116a) Squid's Visit MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](MEH, I don't mind it. I'm not gonna lie, Squidward having tea with his vacuum cleaner is a bit funny. The ending is really satisfying, but again, Spongebob is a STALKER. WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM?)
[SIZE=14pt]116b) To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](MEH, no hate for Hawaiian Train. Patrick and Sandy are incredibly dumb here, but I really love Spongebob and Squidward bonding for once)
[SIZE=14pt]117a) Shuffleboarding BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](BAD, Spongebob and Patrick act irresponsibly, and who gets blamed in their place? MM and BB)
[SIZE=14pt]117b) Professor Squidward HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once BAD, the locomotive bit is good, but everything rest is just OBNOXIOUS. Squidward deserves his punishment, but Spongebob and Patrick's attitudes appear as at their worst)
[SIZE=14pt]118a) Pet or Pests HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](HORRIBLE, Gary is the only sensible character here. And Larry doesn't know Spongebob after 6 seasons...)
[SIZE=14pt]118b) Komputer Overload GOOD [/SIZE](GOOD, Karen is kinda jerky towards Plankton, though)
[SIZE=14pt]119a) Gullible Pants MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](MEH, Spongebob is at his dumbest here, but for some reason, the ending seems kinda funny. His awkward dancing is so over-the-top)
[SIZE=14pt]119b) Overbooked GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, at last some relatable concepts)
[SIZE=14pt]120a) No Hat for Pat GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once BAD, Krabs is at his worst, but Spongebob's behavior is perfectly on-point)
[SIZE=14pt]120b) Toy Store of Doom HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once MEH, quite loud and boring episode)
[SIZE=14pt]121a) Sand Castles in the Sand GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, a bit overrated, but I like its creativity)
[SIZE=14pt]121b) Shell Shocked BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once MEH, the Angry Jack sequence is way too long)
[SIZE=14pt]122a) Chum Bucket Supreme GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, decent concept for a solid entry)
[SIZE=14pt]122b) Single Cell Anniversary MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once GOOD, Plankton is a good character, but Karen cries so much she forgets to give him the secret formula... ugh)
[SIZE=14pt]123-124) Truth or Square MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once GOOD, still not awful, but I don't like it as much as last time, either. The alternate intros with different characters are a great touch, but the whole direction is a bit poor, and there's way too many flashbacks)
[SIZE=14pt]125a) Pineapple Fever HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once BAD, filler, filler and F-I-L-L-E-R)
[SIZE=14pt]125b) Chum Caverns MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once GOOD, I don't consider it that interesting)
[SIZE=14pt]126) The Clash of Triton HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](HORRIBLE, everything is filled with sheer STUPIDITY. I hate the story, I hate Neptune, I hate his wife, and most of all, I HATE TRITON. He's one of the absolute WORST characters of the show. I'd rather have Jerky Patrick from Yours, Mine and Mine than his presence. It's pretty close to being an ABOMINATION, also due to an abysmal ending. Spongebob and Patrick are okay, at the very least. This was the S6 finale, come on)

Whoa, we finally made it. Season 6 has 2 GREAT, 14 GOOD, 9 MEH, 11 BAD, 9 HORRIBLE episodes and 2 ABOMINATIONS. 16/31 is definitely not a good ratio, and even though S6 appears to have the same amount of GREAT and MEH episodes as S5, we do get 22 utterly bad entries. So... I agree with common thoughts: this season is indeed one of the worst.

SEASON 6: 16/9/22

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Coffee_lover said:
Can you please explain how it works?if Season really close to be good,that why and the same time it turned to "pretty bad",why not okay or meh?It’s so confusing
I'll change that.

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Season 7, which is probably at the same level as season 6, for how bad it appears. Let's see:

[SIZE=14pt]127a) Tentacle-Vision HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once BAD, let's start the new season with Squid Abuse. Yay)
[SIZE=14pt]127b) I Heart Dancing MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](MEH, this is remembered only for the Spongebob dancing meme. I dislike his design here)
[SIZE=14pt]128a) Growth Spout GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, at the very least Krabs' stingy personality doesn't stand out that much)
[SIZE=14pt]128b) Stuck in the Wringer HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](HORRIBLE, I don't have problems with the moral. It's just seeing Spongebob being BLAMED for something he didn't do sounds so STUPIDLY ASININE. Patrick is an idiot and all, but he realizes his mistake at the end)
[SIZE=14pt]129a) Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](HORRIBLE, fillers, unneeded cruelty and an obnoxious ending. Obviously, Bikini-Bottomites are the absolute worst)
[SIZE=14pt]129b) The Inside Job GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, Plankton's transformation into Patrick doesn't annoy me)
[SIZE=14pt]130a) Greasy Buffoons GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, somehow I like seeing Bikini-Bottomites suffer)
[SIZE=14pt]130b) Model Sponge MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](MEH, so forgettable)
[SIZE=14pt]131a) Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](HORRIBLE, that running gag with the cop needs to DIE. SLOWLY. It would easily be an ABOMINATION if Squilliam won at the end)
[SIZE=14pt]131b) A Pal for Gary ABOMINATION[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once HORRIBLE, Puffy Fluffy's design might be alright, but the saturation is too bright, thus it looks way more unsettling and horrible than it should. Spongebob is at his worst here. This is where the concept of Dumped would've come in handy, with Gary ditching that moron)
[SIZE=14pt]132a) Yours, Mine and Mine HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once BAD, in both Driven to Tears and Rule of Dumb Patrick learns his lesson. Hell, even in Stuck in the Wringer he feels SORRY for ruining Spongebob's life. However, this completely calls off all of these episode, as Patrick is at his absolute worst. He doesn't learn anything at the end, and keeps being a jerky moron)
[SIZE=14pt]132b) Kracked Krabs GREAT[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, they take advantage of Krabs' flanderization WELL for once)
[SIZE=14pt]133a) The Curse of Bikini Bottom GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, the concept is solid, even though it could be better executed)
[SIZE=14pt]133b) Squidward in Clarinetland MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once GOOD, I appreciate its creativity, but I don't like the whole execution that much)
[SIZE=14pt]134) Spongebob's Last Stand BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once MEH, I don't particularly care for this. The song is stupid, too)
[SIZE=14pt]135a) Back to the Past GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, yes, Patrick is stupid, but I don't mind it)
[SIZE=14pt]135b) The Bad Guy Club for Villains GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, these characters have quite interesting designs)
[SIZE=14pt]136a) A Day Without Tears BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](BAD, the original idea is stupid, yet it could be worse)
[SIZE=14pt]136b) Summer Job HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](HORRIBLE, I hate Spongebob, I hate Mrs. Puff even more, Krabs and Mrs. Puff don't interact. What else?)
[SIZE=14pt]137a) One Coarse Meal BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](BAD, naturally, whales do eat planktons, so Plankton being scared of Pearl makes sense. Nonetheless, Krabs' characterization is terrible, and Karen's is possibly even WORSE. Why doesn't she understand how Plankton actually feels? The suicide gag is subtle, so I don't care for it)
[SIZE=14pt]137b) Gary in Love MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](MEH, boooooooring)
[SIZE=14pt]138a) The Play's the Thing HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once MEH, Culture Shock done TERRIBLY. The ending is pretty obnoxious, as well)
[SIZE=14pt]138b) Rodeo Daze ABOMINATION[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once BAD, this cancels Texas completely. Nobody cares about Sandy, Spongebob kidnaps everyone and the ending is cheap and utterly cheesy. I hate everything of it)
[SIZE=14pt]139a) Gramma's Secret Recipe BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](BAD, while this is less bad than the Sandy rip-off, it still shows a recycled plot and the execution is quite slow and dull)
[SIZE=14pt]139b) The Cent of Money BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once MEH, Krabs is terrible, but gets what he deserves at the end)
[SIZE=14pt]140a) The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once MEH, the beginning of the infamous Legends of Bikini Bottom. We have Jerky Patrick and a pretty boring episode)
[SIZE=14pt]140b) Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, okay, this is interesting)
[SIZE=14pt]141a) The Curse of the Hex BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](BAD, the eel-witch has an appalling design, and the plot is just BORING)
[SIZE=14pt]141b) The Main Drain BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](BAD, what a cheap ending)
[SIZE=14pt]142a) Trenchbillies HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](HORRIBLE, these stories are getting worse and worse)
[SIZE=14pt]142b) Sponge-Cano! HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](HORRIBLE, I buy Squidward being unhappy. What I CAN'T BUY is Squidward admitting he was lying to Spongebob while he was trying to save him. Ugh, I strongly despise this)
[SIZE=14pt]143) The Great Patty Caper GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once MEH, on second thought, the plot isn't that bad)
[SIZE=14pt]144a) That Sinking Feeling BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once MEH, once again, Spongebob and Patrick annoying Squidward, by constantly laughing stupidly)
[SIZE=14pt]144b) Karate Star GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, Patrick learning karate is a double-edged sword, though)
[SIZE=14pt]145a) Buried in Time MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once GOOD, I wasn't a fan of Wishing You Well, as a result this feels way more forgettable)
[SIZE=14pt]145b) Enchanted Tiki Dreams MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once GOOD, sort of mixed bag, with a bad beginning, a decent middle and a good ending)
[SIZE=14pt]146a) The Abrasive Side GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, the idea is pretty clever)
[SIZE=14pt]146b) Earworm GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, another relatable theme)
[SIZE=14pt]147a) Hide and Then What Happens? BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](BAD, this is so empty)
[SIZE=14pt]147b) Shellback Shenanigans GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, Plankton's plan is pretty clever, as a whole)
[SIZE=14pt]148a) The Masterpiece GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, a tad slow, but it's not bad)
[SIZE=14pt]148b) Whelk Attack GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, solid)
[SIZE=14pt]149a) You Don't Know Sponge HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once BAD, let's address once more how Patrick is a moron and Spongebob cries all the time)
[SIZE=14pt]149b) Tunnel of Glove MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](MEH, Patrick is the highlight, Pearl's friends the LOWLIGHT)
[SIZE=14pt]150a) Krusty Dogs MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](MEH, did we really need that ending?)
[SIZE=14pt]150b) The Wreck of the Mauna Loa GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, Krabs is greedy and deserves his punishment)
[SIZE=14pt]151a) New Fish in Town MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](MEH, Squidward getting rid of his new neighbor is a bit funny, but I hate Spongebob and Patrick in here, not to mention another insanely stupid ending)
[SIZE=14pt]151b) Love That Squid GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, Squidward is appreciated for once)
[SIZE=14pt]152a) Big Sister Sam HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](HORRIBLE, terrible character + Jerky Patrick + Squid Abuse + Sponge Abuse)
[SIZE=14pt]152b) Perfect Chemistry GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, Sandy and Plankton interacting for the very first time)

Good lord, it's been tiresome. Just 1 GREAT, 16 GOOD, 9 MEH, 10 BAD, 11 HORRIBLE episodes and 2 ABOMINATIONS in S7. 17/32 ratio is pretty bad, and it's in-line with S6 ratio: equal amount of MEH, but with S7 narrowly showing a higher amount of BAD episodes. This is another bad season.
SEASON 7: 17/9/23

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
EmployeeAMillion said:
Shouldn’t that bad rating be 24? IMO it’s something much funnier than 24.
You know what else is funnier than 24? 25.

BenPaz: Act Zero said:
Yo I didn't know Mr enter joined sbm
So what? I don't like Squid abuse. I think it's an unfunny running gag. I don't dislike every post-movie episode. Pre-movie isn't perfect, either. I don't get this joke.

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Season 8:

[SIZE=14pt]153a) Accidents Will Happen MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](MEH, apart from Squidward's flashback, it's pretty forgettable)
[SIZE=14pt]153b) The Other Patty BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once MEH, it's a rip-off of Best Frenemies and the ending is mean-spirited. Spongebob does nothing wrong, but Krabs and Plankton are angry at him. WHY?)
[SIZE=14pt]154a) Drive Thru BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once GOOD, the execution doesn't work at all. Shame)
[SIZE=14pt]154b) The Hot Shot GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, I like that Tony Fast Jr. doesn't care about the cops, but is somehow terrorized by his father)
[SIZE=14pt]155a) A Friendly Game HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once BAD, I like the idea of Patrick playing golf. Unfortunately, I DO NOT like Jerky Patrick and gratuitous Squid Abuse)
[SIZE=14pt]155b) Sentimental Sponge MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](MEH, again, the concept isn't bad, but it's taken way too seriously)
[SIZE=14pt]156) Frozen Face-Off GREAT[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, Squidward being frozen with a bored expression is hilarious. Overall, really entertaining)
[SIZE=14pt]157a) Squidward's School for Grown-Ups MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once BAD, Squidward and Patrick bonding is a really interesting thing. However, Spongebob is way too childish here)
[SIZE=14pt]157b) Oral Report MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](MEH, Patrick is jerky for an acceptable reason. I don't hate it that much)
[SIZE=14pt]158a) Sweet and Sour Squid GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, the beginning is great, and I like that Squidward doesn't fall for Plankton's plans)
[SIZE=14pt]158b) The Googly Artiste HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](HORRIBLE, we have Jerky Patrick and an awful ending. Thank you)
[SIZE=14pt]159) A SquarePants Family Vacation BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once MEH, if only this was better executed. The middle part is pretty dull)
[SIZE=14pt]160a) Patrick's Staycation BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once MEH, Krabs' empathy towards Spongebob at the end is admirable. Jerky Patrick isn't admirable at all, though)
[SIZE=14pt]160b) Walking the Plankton MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once GOOD, Karen is a really weird character)
[SIZE=14pt]161a) Mooncation GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, we get some fair amount of action)
[SIZE=14pt]161b) Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once MEH, I kinda like this role reversal, with Krabs being more childish and Spongebob being more composed inside the bank)
[SIZE=14pt]162) Ghoul Fools MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once GOOD, sigh... I wish this wasn't so boring. This is probably more boring than Ghost Host. Ghost stories aren't supposed to be THAT boring)
[SIZE=14pt]163a) Mermaid Man Begins GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, I like the different versions of the superheroes' origin)
[SIZE=14pt]163b) Plankton's Good Eye GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, another solid episode)
[SIZE=14pt]164a) Barnacle Face MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](MEH, I'm actually reconsidering Pearl as a character. I used to think she was annoying... and quite honestly, she has any right to be "annoying". Krabs is a giant miser, so it makes sense)
[SIZE=14pt]164b) Pet Sitter Pat HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once BAD, same concept as I Was a Teenage Gary, but while I changed my rating of the latter from BAD to MEH, I changed this into HORRIBLE, because Patrick is completely unable to understand NOTHING)
[SIZE=14pt]165a) House Sittin' for Sandy HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](HORRIBLE, unsettling imagery, filler and a downright terrible ending)
[SIZE=14pt]165b) Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom ABOMINATION[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](we finally arrived: THIS is probably my least favorite SB episode EVER. Nothing of this is funny, nothing of this is redeemable. Mean-spirited, stupid, dumb, asinine, idiotic, unsatisfying, bad, crappy... I hate any moment of this, from Patrick to Spongebob himself. Here Squidward is a sympathetic martyr)
[SIZE=14pt]166a) Bubble Troubles MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](MEH, considering we just passed on the worst episode, I expected a lot worse. It's not THAT bad)
[SIZE=14pt]166b) The Way of the Sponge GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, the best part is clearly the final exam at the Krusty Krabs)
[SIZE=14pt]167a) The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, even though Spongebob could've easily absorbed the meat right at the beginning)
[SIZE=14pt]167b) Bubble Buddy Returns BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once MEH, did we really need a follow-up of a forgettable pre-movie episode? For some reason, Bubble Buddy's son is even WORSE than his father. He's a psychopath)
[SIZE=14pt]168a) Restraining Spongebob BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](BAD, good lord, why did they make Patrick retarded??)
[SIZE=14pt]168b) Fiasco! BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](BAD, the beginning is good, the ending is awful. Squidward goes to jail, WHY?)
[SIZE=14pt]169a) Are You Happy Now? ABOMINATION[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](another one of my absolute least favorite SB episodes. It's true Squidward is mostly portrayed as an unhappy geek, but here they actually make it look DEPRESSED, by also stating he never had a nice memory. Band Geeks, Enchanted Tiki Dreams, Krabby Road, Spongebob Meets the Strangler... all of these don't matter anymore. And even though Spongebob tries to help him, he doesn't take Squidward's depression seriously, because it's taken way too seriously. This episode leaves me uncomfortable and with a sour taste. The ending... just screw it)
[SIZE=14pt]169b) Planet of the Jellyfish GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, not very funny, but it's a solid plot, at least. I don't blame this episode for being the sister of Are You Happy Now?. It's not an easy living)
[SIZE=14pt]170a) Free Samples GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, but Bikini-Bottomites are incredibly gullible and credulous)
[SIZE=14pt]170b) Home Sweet Rubble BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once GOOD, why did I give a GOOD rating, to begin with? Patrick is stupid, Krabs is stupid and even Sandy... SANDY the brilliant scientist, is stupid. The ending is kinda predictable, as well)
[SIZE=14pt]171a) Karen 2.0 GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, what's that? Karen FINALLY cares for Plankton)
[SIZE=14pt]171b) InSPONGEiac BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](BAD, the same moral of Stuck in the Wringer appears in the end, but surprisingly, it was less problematic in Stuck in the Wringer)
[SIZE=14pt]172a) Face Freeze! ABOMINATION[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once HORRIBLE, there's NO plot. Just ugly and unsettling faces)
[SIZE=14pt]172b) Glove World R.I.P. MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, the beginning is bad, but gets better... less bad afterwards)
[SIZE=14pt]173a) Squiditis GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, romantic comedies, HA)
[SIZE=14pt]173b) Demolition Doofus HORRIBLE [/SIZE](once BAD, I really like the beginning with Spongebob making a favor to Squidward, with Earl's Revenge as BGM. Unfortunately, everything else is TERRIBLE. Of the two times Mrs. Puff deserved to go to jail, The Bully and Demolition Doofus, she doesn't get any punishment in any of these instances. This ticks me off A LOT. In The Bully she was pro-bullying, while here she wants to kill Spongebob because her inflation sack burst after the previous accident. Moreover, Spongebob's attitude doesn't help, either, as he's incredibly stupid and makes fun of Mrs. Puff's handicap. If he was somehow angered by Mrs. Puff's actions, then I'd be able to understand. Instead of it, I'm the one who's angered by this awful crap)
[SIZE=14pt]174a) Treats! GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, Gary's meowing is a bit tedious, but the message is good. Patrick's contribution is also kinda nice)
[SIZE=14pt]174b) For Here or to Go GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, the gross-out humor makes sense here, so I don't mind it)
[SIZE=14pt]175) It's a Spongebob Christmas! GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, stop motion special with a simple story)
[SIZE=14pt]176a) Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up is Go! MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once GOOD, mixed bag: I hate the gag of the old ladies dancing with Spongebob, but the ending is decent)
[SIZE=14pt]176b) Chum Fricassee MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once GOOD, the concept is great, and is well executed at some points. Unfortunately, Squidward is a bit cocky and the ending is pretty weak, albeit not that undeserved)
[SIZE=14pt]177a) The Good Krabby Name MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](once GOOD, some devices are clever, but why is the ending so wrong?)
[SIZE=14pt]177b) Move It or Lose It MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](MEH, I totally buy Plankton bribing the population to save his Chum Bucket. The ending is predictable, though)
[SIZE=14pt]178) Hello Bikini Bottom! GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](GOOD, a good season finale. The song is quite interesting, but I don't like the bit with Krabs taking Spongebob's wallet to buy back Krusty Krabs)

Overall, season 8 has 1 GREAT, 16 GOOD, 13 MEH, 9 BAD, 5 HORRIBLE episodes and 3 ABOMINATIONS. 17/30 is still not a solid ratio, but at some points, S8 is a narrow improvement over S6 and S7. We get fewer bad episodes, in favor of more MEH. Nonetheless, it's not that compelling, either, as it features a higher number of iredeemable entries, like Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom, which shouldn't even exist.

SEASON 8: 17/13/17

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
EmployeeAMillion said:
I wouldn’t call the Christmas special slow-motion, but each to their own.
I meant stopmotion, sorry. I fixed it.

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
There are good episodes in Season 8 but I can't believe they're wasted in this ABOMINATION season. Season 8 is also the WORST season EVER!

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Let's continue with the seasons I never gave a rating to. In order to wait for some more episodes of season 11, let's analyze season 9A for now, that is the season portion aired before the second movie.

[SIZE=14pt]179a) Extreme Spots MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](some of the stunts are interesting, but the episode gets way too repetitive immediately)
[SIZE=14pt]179b) Squirrel Record MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](I don't consider this a proper rip-off of Pre-Hibernation Week, and I don't even dislike it that much)
[SIZE=14pt]180a) Patrick-Man! BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](this one is just an excuse for Patrick to act stupidly)
[SIZE=14pt]180b) Gary's New Toy MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](I just don't buy this role reversal from Have You Seen This Snail, with Spongebob leaving his own house. Only because Gary doesn't separate from his toy. It's stupid)
[SIZE=14pt]181a) License to Milkshake MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](I just don't care about this one)
[SIZE=14pt]181b) Squid Baby HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](the 'Also my leg' bit is great, but the rest is simply gratuitous Squid abuse. Although Spongebob and Patrick are not terrible characters, Krabs and the Bikini-Bottomites definitely are)
[SIZE=14pt]182a) Little Yellow Book HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](my problem with this is not Squidward's behavior, which is kinda excusable after years of torture, but the whole sense of hypocrisy which apparently works only for Squidward, but not for everyone who read Spongebob's diary. I mean, he even loses his house due to reading his diary... how can it be so ASININE?)
[SIZE=14pt]182b) Bumper to Bumper BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](I hate Mrs. Puff. I really do)
[SIZE=14pt]183a) Eek, an Urchin! GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](really enjoyable as a whole)
[SIZE=14pt]183b) Squid Defense BAD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](the concept of Squidward learning karate is really interesting. Too bad it's used for a plot based on misunderstanding)
[SIZE=14pt]184a) Jailbreak! GREAT[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](the plot is quite solid and Plankton's scheme is really clever)
[SIZE=14pt]184b) Evil Spatula MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](the ending is a bit predictable)
[SIZE=14pt]185) It Came from Goo Goo Lagoon GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](I enjoyed the action sequences)
[SIZE=14pt]186a) Safe Deposit Krabs GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](how to portray Krabs' greed correctly)
[SIZE=14pt]186b) Plankton's Pet GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](I like Spot)
[SIZE=14pt]187a) Don't Look Now MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](maybe way too repetitive)
[SIZE=14pt]187b) Séance Shméance MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](a bit all over the place, only because of a disgusting sandwich)
[SIZE=14pt]188a) Kenny the Cat MEH[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](this is really weird. Kenny being unable to breathe underwater is pretty easy to predict)
[SIZE=14pt]188b) Yeti Krabs GOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](Squidward is great here, and the humor isn't that bad)
[SIZE=14pt]189) Spongebob You're Fired HORRIBLE[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE](I really don't see the point of this episode. Krabs fires Spongebob for the umpteenth time and also for a moronic reason, as we get Spongebob's depression and a rip-off of Le Big Switch. Squidward dressed in a costume is entertaining to watch, but this episode is so pointless)

So... season 9a has 1 GREAT, 5 GOOD, 8 MEH, 3 BAD and 3 HORRIBLE episodes. The 1st part of the "Spongebob rebirth" season is slightly better than S6 and S7, but is definitely far from being as good as the earlier seasons. At least, we overcame atrocities like Choir Boys, The Splinter or Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom.

SEASON 8: 17/13/17
SEASON 9A: 6/8/6

Back