My theory on why SpongeBob can't get his driver's license

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
My theory is that there is no intended explanation in the show for the viewers to figure out, it's just a reflection of a part of Spongebob's character that he's still a kid who's a step away from becoming a true adult.

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
I Thought it was because of Steven Hillenburg's 3 Requirements for his show:

1. We must NEVER find out the identity of Pearl's Mother
2. Spongebob must NEVER be allowed to get his boating License
3. the series is NOT allowed to have any Crossovers or Spin-offs(*cough* Kamp Koral *cough*)

I'm Going off on a tangent here; but Seriously; out of Steven Hillenburg's 3 Mandatory rules for his Cartoon; The Only 2 Rules that Nickelodeon is STILL continuing to follow to this day(as of 9/23/2019) are the first 2; They Still haven't revealed the Identity of Pearl's Mother; and whenever Spongebob DOES get his Boating license, it's always taken away from him by the end of the episode as the status quo is still upheld to this day, for better or for worse

Last edited:

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0
THE PROJECTION THEORY:

My theory is that Mrs. Puff is projecting her nervous energy onto SpongeBob, and if she would stay calm and perhaps redirect his hand when his fingers danced over the wrong buttons, maybe he would be able to pass. Two nervous people create tension, and tension doesn’t help a student under pressure pass his driving test, now does it?

:yousure:

IsMayonaiseAInstrument

Master of Wumbology
Maybe he doesn't get his drivers license because he is unprepared and reckless when driving. Or, it could be the fact that there's really nothing to look into considering how it's not that important.

Back