MY THEORY OF WHY MR KRABS IS SO GREEDY WITH MONEY

LeElephantMonster

Moby Dollar
We all know that Mr Krabs is REALLY greedy with money,but I think I know why even though it gets way over the top. Well if anyone remembers in Spongebob's Last Stand, Mr Krabs had to give Plankton the formula because he was going out of business. ( of course that didn't happen but you get the point) Well if Mr Krabs has lots of money then he wouldn't go out of business and have to give plankton the formula.That makes sense why he obsesses over one penny ( penny foolish) and tries to all the money he can get ( cent of money, Krusty Towers etc) I also think thats why he cries or gets mad when he looses money because that means he might go out of business. Thats my theory on Mr Krabs greediness.

TheBandGeek

Giant Clam
Pretty good, but having a lot of money wouldn't really cause you to go out of business. What usually causes going out of business is not having customers.

GoodNoodle

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This is why I prefer Shell Of A Man to Kracked Krabs. I like seeing more to his character than "I'm Mr. Krabs, and I like money!"

Mr. Sea Shell

Floating Shopping List
patricknotstar, are you creating random topics because you have nothing else to do? I'm just wondering. :confused:

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
Actually, this was pseudo-explained in "Friend Or Foe". It's revealed that, as a kid, Mr. Krabs was poor. Perhaps this childhood poverty drove him to want to make a lot of money. And over the years, that transformed into serious greed.

For the actual reason that Krabs is greedy; the show is based on the 7 Deadly Sins. Mr. Krabs is based on the sin of greed. That's a real life reason.

Cha

I love SBM
Plus, he doesn't mind loosing the Krusty Krab (Krusty O'Mondays). Of course the KK is important to him, but money might be even more important.

Powerstars

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Seriously, you guys? I thought it was clear that he was in love with money. He wants to marry money. He wants to have children with money. Etc, etc, money.

cwn

Porous Freak
Mr. Krabs just loves money. Remember once he found his first penny, he loved it so much he spent it on a balloon for his best friend.

He loves having the ability to buy stuff.

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
Krabs is designed that way. He is the shows father figure. And in cartoons, there are 4 types of common father figure. The idiot (Dexter's dad or Peter Griffin), the lazy couch potato (Homer), the Perv (very rare, but in one episode Quagmire could be an example), and the greed. But that also changed some of our perspective look on Krabs. He's a villain. I think it had something to do with the producers and their revolutionary thinking. Why can't make a hero, that is also . . . . a villain.

Back