My ranking for each SpongeBob season

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I've decided to rewatch SpongeBob again because a lot of my old opinions I don't agree with even after my previous rewatch. So here it goes!

13. Season 12

Right off the bat, this season is much more weaker than season 11, and heck, even the rest of the seasons. This episode overly relies on slapstick as it's main crutch for humor which is NOT what the show was about and it also focuses too much on being as weird as possible and ends up forgetting to actually be entertaining and funny. The humor has almost disintegrated during this season, with there being very few jokes in each episode, which is sad since the previous 11 seasons could make me laugh at least more than 8 times an episode. It's a boring waste of time that shows that even me, someone who has loved this show even during it's "dark ages," can end up realizing this show can go downhill. On a side note, DIE JOLLY LODGERS DIE.

12. Season 1

While this season is really low down on this ranking, I still like it. I used to call it meh but I've grown to appreciate it due to it's animation and simply because compared to season 12, it's amazing. It does have it's fair share of lame episodes though, which do bring this one down.

11. Season 6

This season is pretty dull but there are many enjoyable and funny episodes here. There's really good usage of anti-humor where the humor is purposely trying to be terrible and therefore is funny, leading to jokefests like Pineapple Fever. The animation is the only really bad thing here. I think most people have pointed out why the animation here sucks so I won't delve into it that much. But anyways, it's solid, though it's the worst "post-movie" season.

10. Season 9A

This season is still as forgettable as it ever was. It has a couple of really good ones but a decent portion of this I don't care about and this season isn't as funny as the others. It's not one worth talking about.

9. Season 7

Usually regarded as the worst season, there's actually a lot to like here. The storytelling is really good and this season is surprisingly funny for a season that I don't think of that much. It's the first great season on this list, though pretty close to just good.

8. Season 8

Ironic that season 8, is #8! This season is more memorable than season 7 and a lot of episodes here are pretty classic in my eyes. Not much to say about this one.

7. Season 5

This episode is like a weak season 4. Season 4 is miles upon miles better than this season, but I still love this season. It has lots of creativity and many of the plots still entertain and make me laugh to this day.

6. Season 11

While this season did go downhill with its last few episodes, the rest of the season is glorious, with fantastic animation, epic humor, and characters that truly feel like ones. Though it's weaker than the other post-sequel seasons (besides 12, of course)

5. Season 2

This season is a classic and makes me laugh to this day. The story-based episodes kind of suck but otherwise nothing much wrong here.

4. Season 3

This season was SO close to being amazing, but a couple of the later episodes in this season brought it down. My points on season 2 pretty much apply here.

3. Season 10

This is basically season 11 but with no cons at all. Every episode here is it's own package of amazement and there are very few episodes that are below great. But I like two seasons more than this.

2. Season 4

This is basically what pre-movie did but better. The animation improved, the characters are more fun, the humor is godly, and the plots became extraordinary. It's a real joy, and while New Leaf does bring this one down to the second best, I still adore this season to the fullest. It's just that one season managed to be better than this. And that is....

1. Season 9B

If you ever wanted a season that was perfect, this is the closest you can get. There is only ONE episode that dips below great in this season, and that's Lame and Fortune, which was pretty close to great anyways. This season has even more gorgeous animation than other post-sequel seasons and the plots and humor are just as glorious. Definitely the perfect season for any SpongeBob fan.

Well, that's my ranking. Give your thoughts down below.

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0
Oo, golly. You’re gonna get a lot of criticism on this one. I definitely don’t agree with your picks, but I am pleased that Season 4 and Season 9b were ranked high up. (How dare you criticize “Lame and Fortune” :p!) You’ve got an interesting taste in seasons. You were bold to say that season 1 was worse than season 6, but I must agree that season 1 can get a little... lame at times. Still, I don’t agree with its placement. Good elaboration, however.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
Interesting choices. While I’ll reserve judgement for Season 12 until after it’s finished airing (which should be in...3 years), admittedly it hasn’t been anything we haven’t seen before. And it just feels different now that Hillenburg’s gone and Nick’s more obviously squeezing the show dry.

EM.

Moby Dollar
At least Jolly Lodgers has a little visual that we can at least chuckle at
Screen_Shot_2019-11-18_at_2.24.51_AM.png

EM.

Moby Dollar
Also I'm really glad that you put season 4 so high up. I can't believe there are still people out there who just assume everything after the movie is bad, there are even episodes of season 4 that people think that the season 3 writers did before the new writers just because they're so good, like Krusty Towers.

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
Also I'm really glad that you put season 4 so high up. I can't believe there are still people out there who just assume everything after the movie is bad, there are even episodes of season 4 that people think that the season 3 writers did before the new writers just because they're so good, like Krusty Towers.
Agreed, another example is fear of a krabby patty, so much creativity. season 4 is definently overlooked.

Cykamp

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
season 9 in first position in a season ranking? never saw that before, that being said imo season 1-mid season 5 are my personal favorite, there are some creative episodes such as sb vs the patty gadget

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
If you want to know the ratings here they are (btw only 4 ratings since no seasons are rated eh, bad or worse):

Amazing: Purple
Great: Blue
Good: Green
Mediocre: Orange

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3

Season 4
Season 5
Season 6
Season 7
Season 8

Season 9A
Season 9B
Season 10

Season 11
Season 12

KalloFox34

Floating Shopping List
Here are my ranks (Purple = Sublime, Blue = Amazing, Green = Great, Yellow = Good, Orange = Mediocre, Red = Bad)

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4

Season 5
Season 6
Season 7

Season 8
Season 9a
Season 9b
Season 10
Season 11