My Prediction

thecrad15

Giant Clam
We will be going on another hiatus as far as the show like the years 2005-2007ish. And actually by hiatus I mean the next year or so will have few new episodes, because Nickelodeon has nearly exhausted their supply of season 7, and season 8 was renewed on VERY short notice. They are probably a quarter of the way into making season 8. I can get confirmation on this, but be prepared for another season 4-esque stretch.

Is the hiatus real?

Stinkoman 20X6

I want to get lost in your rock and roll
We will be going on another hiatus as far as the show like the years 2005-2007ish. And actually by hiatus I mean the next year or so will have few new episodes, because Nickelodeon has nearly exhausted their supply of season 7, and season 8 was renewed on VERY short notice. They are probably a quarter of the way into making season 8. I can get confirmation on this, but be prepared for another season 4-esque stretch.
Is the hiatus real?
iPlankton tends to be right about these kind of things.

SpongeSebastian

CheeseHead BrownPants
Dude, the reason why there was a hiatus after season 3 was because they were busy making The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. Right now, they're only focusing on making episodes. If they had a contract for two whole seasons, they're not just going to suddenly stop. Nickelodeon is very demanding when it comes to this, so they can't afford to stop production.

Stinkoman 20X6

I want to get lost in your rock and roll
Dude, the reason why there was a hiatus after season 3 was because they were busy making The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. Right now, they're only focusing on making episodes. If they had a contract for two whole seasons, they're not just going to suddenly stop. Nickelodeon is very demanding when it comes to this, so they can't afford to stop production.
I thought it also had something to do with Hillenburg stepping down form the show.

Back