My NEW Top 20 WORST Spongebob Episodes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=Vu86EGBy8%2BmL9EVG7tdDNB8wQ8xGl0F6IirXS%2FtqF8U%3D

Ugh… THIS episode!

This is what you’d get if you took Have You Seen This Snail and Yours, Mine and Mine, mixed them up in a blender, and took out almost EVERYTHING that made Have You Seen This Snail good. It’s THAT bad!

In this episode, Spongebob and Gary are playing tag, before accidentally bumping into Patrick. Gary seems to be fond of Patrick, and Patrick asks Spongebob to let Gary sleep over with him that night. So, Spongebob does exactly that, and Patrick and Gary have a blast that night.

The next day, Spongebob asks for Gary to come back, but Gary doesn’t want to. He seemingly wants to stay with Patrick, and because of this, Patrick actually turns into a jerk and concludes that since Gary wants to be with him, that he claims him as his OWN pet!

• SpongeBob: Fine, but I would like to remind him who it was who fed him and housed him and sat on his bedside when he was sick and massaged his eyestalks when his eyes were sore! OK, Gary, go ahead, show him. OK Gary, come to me! Come on, come on, Gary! Come on, come here, Gay! [Gary turns around to Patrick] Uh, wrong way Gary. [Ignoring, Gary is crawling toward Pat] G-Gary, turn around! Gary, no, Gary, no, no, no! Don't do it, Gary! [he collapses as Gary crawls up to Pat]
• Patrick: Well, well, well… I guess that answers that question. So long, SpongeBob. Me and Gary got stuff to do.
• SpongeBob: [angrily] OK, fine, if that's how you want to thank me… [sadly] For all that I've done?

Am I the only one who finds that a little mean of Patrick to just take Gary away from him like that?

Out of jealousy, Spongebob tries to play with some new pets to show that he doesn’t need Gary, and both of which who don’t seem to like him very much (one is a worm (Rex) who immediately abandons Spongebob and the other is a snail (Larry) who is rather mean and vicious).

Eventually, Patrick and Gary visit Spongebob to do some laundry. Spongebob, at first, tries to act neutral, but eventually he bursts into tears, begging Gary to come home. He promises to Gary that if he comes back, changes will be made and he will have anything he wants. And this is what Patrick says after that: “How pathetic.”

Honestly, that line HURT me a little. Patrick notices that Spongebob is morbidly depressed because Gary has been taken away from him, yet he doesn’t care. He just treats him horribly without sympathy. What makes it worse is that it’s not like Spongebob and Patrick broke up as friends because of a fight like in Naughty Nautical Neighbors and The Frycook Games (both much better episodes). Patrick just acts like that. His horrible attitude comes out of nowhere! You should’ve listened to his “speech”:

Patrick: I'm sorry, SpongeBob. But Gary's with me now. [he takes off his shorts and puts them in the machine] You had your chance and you failed. You have to stop living in the past. Face it SpongeBob, you're only hurting yourself. [he takes off his shorts and puts them in the machine, Gary crawls in after them] It's what Gary wants, and what Gary wants is me!

So first you take Gary away from your best friend, leaving him miserable, then play with Gary RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM, show absolutely no sympathy for him whatsoever, and tell him how pathetic he is for wanting Gary back, and you even tell him to get over it?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! DON’T YOU REALIZE THAT YOU’RE HURTING SPONGEBOB? WHAT KIND OF FRIEND ARE YOU TO TAKE HIS OWN PET AWAY, PLAY WITH HIM RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM, THEN TELL HIM TO GET THE HECK OVER IT?

When I was younger, I always felt uncomfortable when THIS episode came up. Now I know why! Patrick, Spongebob’s supposed best friend, is supposed to be a sympathetic, nice character to Spongebob. But here, he acts nothing like that. He absolutely ruins the episode, and the two word line he delivers (“How pathetic”) feels like a middle finger to both the audience and poor Spongebob!

So after that infuriating speech, Gary crawls inside the laundry basket, where Patrick puts his shorts. Spongebob and Patrick see this, and find that Gary just wanted a cookie that was inside one of the pockets all along. And the episode ends with Spongebob and Gary reunited, leaving Patrick heartbroken.

Some people have stated that a later episode, Have You Seen This Snail?, came out as a rip-off of Dumped. So let me ask you this (to quote my friend E.V.I.L. from Spongebuddy Mania):

“An episode where Gary is forced to be taken away from SB and both are morbidly depressed and can't do anything about it (Dumped) vs. one where Gary feels mistreated and SB realizes how bad he was and goes out of his way to find gary and eventually lets him know that changes will be made (Have You Seen This Snail?)

lol how the heck can you choose the first one I'm sorry”

I respect opinions, but I’m actually quite a bit surprised that some people would choose Dumped over Have You Seen This Snail (which is one of my favorite episodes). Well, to each their own, I guess! But, to be perfectly honest, if the ending for this episode hadn’t come along, then this would actually be on my Bottom 3! Thank god they gave Gary back to Spongebob.

Sweat

Banished
Choir Boys was really bad, and I've always found Dumped pretty meh for me.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
“An episode where Gary is forced to be taken away from SB and both are morbidly depressed and can't do anything about it (Dumped) vs. one where Gary feels mistreated and SB realizes how bad he was and goes out of his way to find gary and eventually lets him know that changes will be made (Have You Seen This Snail?)

lol how the heck can you choose the first one I'm sorry”

I kind of feel like making this my Facebook status.

#18 I actually like this one but I agree that It's a mess.
#17 I actually love this episode.
#16 MEH
#15 I like this one too but I can understand why you hate it.
#14 I don't remember this episode much.

Sweat

Banished
squidwardisawesome22 said:
Yeah, seeing Spongebob, Squidward, Gary, and Plankton get tortured is awesome. I'm so glad Patrick and Mr. Krabs don't get comeuppance for their actions. @_@
If you weren't being sarcastic, I would hate you forever.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
squidwardisawesome22 said:
Yeah, seeing Spongebob, Squidward, Gary, and Plankton get tortured is awesome. I'm so glad Patrick and Mr. Krabs don't get comeuppance for their actions. @_@
Same here, seeing innocent characters tortured is so much more fun lel.

Halibut said:
If you weren't being sarcastic, I would hate you forever.
Obviously we're being sarcastic.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
- Fungus Among Us was disgusting.
- All That Glitters is one of the worst Season 4 episodes.
- Night Light is bland.
- Born Again Krabs was okay. Even though, Mr. Krabs was very greedy in this episode. The worst part was when he took 62 cents from the Flying Dutchman. Then the Flying Dutchman took SpongeBob. Squidward disliked what Krabs did.
- Little Yellow Book was a stupid episode. I hated Squidward and his jerkiness for reading SpongeBob's diary.
- Choir Boys was meh.
- Dumped was meh.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Time for a double whammy!

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=5XIiQ2ZjsqLLAsBX1dKyCDPYfK02aGA0G3fnjMUpVbo%3D

Oh god, this episode.

In this episode, Spongebob and Patrick injure Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy with a boomerang, causing them to be sent to the hospital. This proves to be a burden for them, as they have to attend a shuffleboarding competition. Spongebob and Patrick offer to do the shuffleboarding and win them their trophies, and so Barnacle Boy decides to give them transformation rings, which makes them look like Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy! And this is what the costumes look like:

static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__c…

Wow. That’s just so convincing, I can’t tell the difference! (Notice my sarcasm here.) And so, they are instructed to win the trophies, and bring them back to Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. Don’t do anything else! So, Spongebob and Patrick exit the building, and Patrick discusses how he and Spongebob are gonna beat the other elderlies in the tournament. But guess what? It turns out that out of nowhere, Spongebob and Patrick all of a sudden, have the 1st place trophies in their hands!

Spongebob: We already won the tournament.

You can’t be serious! You can’t just get rid of the original plot right then and there in the middle of the episode! That’s just lazy and stupid! What’s even worse is the new plot they decided to go with. Spongebob and Patrick are about to go back to the hospital, but Patrick points out that the two heroes can’t fight crime in their condition.

• Patrick: For Neptune's sake SpongeBob, if we're not going to go around town pretending to be Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, then who is!?
• SpongeBob: Nobody?
• Patrick: Exactly. And with no one patrolling the town, who's gonna stop those youngsters from loitering? [Shows two little kids playing on a seahorse ride]

Oh god, please tell me you’re thinking what I think you’re thinking.

• SpongeBob: Their mommies?
• Patrick: No! We are! Let's take 'em to the slammer!
• SpongeBob: Patrick!!! Don't you think that's too harsh?
• Patrick: To harsh? [Shows the little kids being thrown into a jail cell] Explain.
• Jail Warden: [Eating a Krabby Patty] Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy? What are you doing here? Ohhh. [Throws the half-eaten Krabby Patty away]
• SpongeBob: AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Wasting a Krabby Patty!?!? How could you!?
• Jail Warden: [shrugs] I'm full.
• [They throw the security guard into the jail cell]
• SpongeBob: Well maybe somebody should have thought about that before they ponied up for the world's greatest patty! Mr. Jail Warden!!!
• SpongeBob: You're right Patboy! This town needs us!

That’s right. The writers thought the original plot wasn’t good enough, so they decided to turn Spongebob and Patrick as stupid as possible and arrest people randomly for no good reason. And that’s what happens for half of the darn episode! Spongebob and Patrick randomly arrest people for no good reason (for being too old, for having untied shoes, for chewing gum too loud, etc. … These writers really are running out of ideas, aren’t they?). And it comes to a point where they have arrested just about everybody in Bikini Bottom (even Manray after a horribly lame and stupid fight scene). And then the jail explodes, releasing the people from their cells. And once Spongebob and Patrick give the real superheroes their trophies (and once Spongebob and Patrick’s costumes are put away), the townspeople start chasing the real heroes, thinking they are the idiots who locked them up in the first place. And guess what Spongebob says as he sees this:

Spongebob: They have so many fans!

Spongebob, your utter obliviousness is NOT FUNNY!!! Who the heck thought this episode was a good idea? The original plot actually had the potential to be a decent episode, but no. They decided to go with the “Oh let’s arrest everybody for no darn reason!” plot. I feel bad for Mermaid Man and Barnacleboy at the end. Why is it that in many comedies, the innocent are almost always punished? Well, at least they haven’t tortured the only character left, Sandy. Oh wait…

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=5PbGo%2BTuPxQonHWRQLB4KjlCG%2FNtGPkjec%2FxNjH%2BQXE%3D

This is what you get when you take Imitation Krabs, replace Mr. Krabs with Sandy, and mess around with it until you turn it into a Sandy Torture Fest.

In the kitchen of the Krusty Krab, Plankton hides in one of the sesame seeds of a bun, attempting once again to steal the secret formula. SpongeBob takes the bun Plankton was hiding in, and makes a Krabby Patty with it, which he delivers to Sandy. Sandy partly unzips her suit and slips the patty into it. Plankton jumps out of the sesame seed just before Sandy takes a bite. Then he faints because there is no water in Sandy's suit.

Later, when Sandy is at the Treedome, she takes off her suit and even her fur. Seriously. She peels off her fur to put back on later. You people DO realize that that’s not how it works, right? Anyways, when she turns the water on, part of it sprays into the suit, reviving Plankton. He notices the fur Sandy took off, so he steals it, locks the bathroom, and decides to disguise himself as Sandy, to trick Spongebob into giving him the formula. Okay, this is an obvious rip-off of Imitation Krabs right here. Could you writers at least try to make something different rather than rip-off your own episodes?

So, “Sandy” goes back to the Krusty Krab and meets Spongebob. Plankton asks SpongeBob for Krabby Patty tips or information. After some short tips from SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs walks in through the door at the corner of the kitchen and sets the formula down on a table. Plankton cheers happily in sandy's pelt, because stealing the formula is now much easier. Meanwhile, Sandy finishes her shower. She wraps a towel around her body and walks over to dry her "stinky fur coat." However, her fur is gone. She breaks down the door of the bathroom, fully aware that someone must have stolen it. She then flings the towel off herself, puts a coffee pot on her head in place of her helmet, and runs off to find the culprit. This is where things get ugly.

The writers seem to associate funny with mean by having the Bikini Bottomites see her and make cold-hearted fun of her. Heck, they call her a hairless goat and even say “Aren’t you ashamed to have your pink round flesh exposed?”. Yeah, they’re basically making cruel jokes because they think she’s naked. And soon enough, this goes from them laughing at her to them cruelly shunning her. Okay, one, she’s not naked. She has a skirt and her bra on. Two, why didn’t she get her water suit while she was still in the treedome? And three, why the heck are the Bikini Bottomites hypocritical jerks (like in Little Yellow Book)? They’re basically “nude” too! A lot of the women wear only a skirt and bra, and a lot of the men only wear pants (no shirt), so if they’re gonna make fun of Sandy for it, then why can’t they make fun of themselves, huh? (or just not make fun of anyone at all for it, that would be good!) Oh right, everyone except the main characters are arrogant jerks, that’s why.

Meanwhile, at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob is giving Plankton an irritating lesson where he has to put the bun on the exact spot, but he's always off by a random amount like "3.6 millimeters". He gives up, steals the formula, and tries to escape. The real Sandy arrives at the Krusty Krab, finds Plankton, and beats him up in 5 seconds. She then rolls up her fur pelt and puts Plankton in a jar of mustard as punishment for his evil deed. Unfortunately, it doesn’t end there. Ooooooh no! Apparently, the cops arrive to arrest Sandy for running around town naked, even though it was all Plankton’s fault that she’s almost naked.

If the episode had ended without including the last 20 seconds, then I would’ve actually liked this episode! But no, someone innocent always has to be punished for some reason. *sigh* Why must the innocent be punished so?

Hint for Number 11: The Kruff Killer

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
Shuffleboarding is pretty awful, but I actually like Someone's in the Kitchen With Sandy. It's not exactly a good episode, but it's sort of a guilty pleasure for me. There's enough in there for me to laugh at that I can sort of ignore its flaws. Also, I guess I don't mind as much when Sandy is abused? I mean, I definitely don't like it, but it doesn't fill me with rage the way it does when SpongeBob or Gary gets abused. I guess it's because Sandy is so strong physically, emotionally, and mentally, so while I can sympathize with her when she's abused I don't feel as bad for her as I would for a more innocent/helpless like SpongeBob or Gary. I know she can handle it, so I'm less inclined to feel sorry for her.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=yU%2FjdHCsupwL5SYvtRJO0MrALBtlSFO8S%2Fy8%2F2368Ys%3D

This is not going to end well. This is what you would get if you mixed Boating Buddies and Krusty Love (just so you all know, I don’t actually hate Boating Buddies). It begins with Mrs. Puff, excited that summer is coming and that she’ll be able to avoid Boating School (Spongebob, mainly) for the whole summer!

But, Spongebob wants to give her a note. Since Mrs. Puff wants no part of him, she drives as fast as she can, soon accidentally driving and crashing into the front of the Krusty Krab. So, to make up for the damages, Mr. Krabs has her work at the KK… for the WHOLE SUMMER! And that means she has to be with Spongebob for the summer. This feels like Boating Buddies, right? Now here’s where Krusty Love comes into play.

Mrs. Puff references the time when she and Krabs went out together.

Mr. Krabs: I think we can work somthing out
Mrs. Puff: Huh? You mean we should go out on a date?

If Krabs had played along with the conversation (and remembered each other going out once), then Summer Job could’ve actually been a pleasant episode to watch! But then Krabs basically ruins the Krusty Love allusion by saying basically “Yeah yeah, that’s interesting. Now quit babblin’ and get to work.” Wow. Way to ruin the romantic moment, Krabsy!

And throughout the episode, Mrs. Puff is subjected to Krabs and Spongebob irritating the heck out of her for the summer. Eventually, because of this, she gets tired of taking all this and decides to flee from the KK as far as possible. When she finds the note that Spongebob was trying to give her earlier, she rips it up and throws it on the ground, only to be arrested by a cop who witnessed her supposed littering.

And apparently, she has to take a Boating Class in prison (why?), and you know who’s teaching it? Why it’s Spongebob Squarepants—Mrs. Puff’s student who doesn’t have a drivers license! He wanted to follow in her footsteps and teach Boating School like her! (I’m not going to complain THAT much about it, since in Boating School, he’s actually a very good student who just gets nervous behind the wheel.) And you know what else? Apparently the punchline of the episode was that the note he gave her earlier was supposed to say that he’s a driving teacher in prison! Yippee… What the heck is wrong with you people? Did you really feel the need to kill “Kruff” (Mr. Krabs and Mrs. Puff as a cute couple) just for the sake of a stupid and mean ending? Seriously, the torture Puff goes through is unbearable enough. And the twist ending is just a big slap in the face that it’s not even funny.

Hint for Number 10: Everybody loves Line-Dancing!

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Santa's Toenails said:
Wow, you're doing this really fast! :D
Well, it's mainly because I already did the list once on DeviantArt, so I'm copying some of my work from that site, to here. (but not without a few edits)

MerryPotterLives said:
I just want to know why the ::dolphin noise:: SpongeBob is teaching a boating class.
To be fair, Spongebob isn't exactly a... bad student, because if you remember, in Boating School, Spongebob said at one point that he knows all the techniques and answers to Boating School, he's just afraid of driving. Though I have to ask, isn't it REQUIRED that you have a DRIVERS LICENSE to teach boating class? And why is he doing this in prison? Heck, why would ANYBODY have to take driving class in PRISON? Seriously, the ending doesn't even make sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back