My Leg reference in The Simpsons

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
I was watching the season 23 new episode (in the UK) tonight "The Ten Per Cent Solution", and I think there was a reference to the Fred the fish quote "My leg!" in it.

The spotty teenager with the squeaky voice character gets run over and says "MY LEGS!" in a similar way to Fred the Fish.

I wonder if this is a reference to SpongeBob?

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
I just watched this episode and then remembered this topic. When I heard "My Legs!" it instantly reminded me of Fred from SpongeBob. It sounded very similar. I feel like it could be a reference to the show... not sure if they'd do that on purpose or not though.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
Was just watching S23E15 (Exit Through the Kwik-E Mart) of the Simpsons and noticed this store was using SpongeBob fonts for everything :D

These aren't actually "official" SpongeBob fonts, as they are for purchase for commercial use from the guy who created them, but they are commonly used on SpongeBob products..
took some screenshots and threw in a comparison item
Sort of funny that I immediately noticed that.. especially since the scenes cut pretty quickly

jStWM.jpg

1M5hW.jpg

XwTqL.jpg

I've got that font they used for "Cookies" in my sig and avatar right now haha

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
Are the old SpongeBob writers working on The Simpsons now? From "Them, Robot", new episode in the UK last week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOEH5b1_J68

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
Right try this....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hd20rtwh5ohn6n4/Video%2022-09-2012%2018%2013%2005.mov

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Yeah ... SpongeBob did that joke better.

And to answer your question, there's no way the old SpongeBob writers were involved in that clip, because despite using the same joke, it was completely humourless. :p
Kind of feel like I've been too hard on SpongeBob lately, if that's the state of the Simpsons nowadays.

Back