My Bottom 20 Season 1-3 Episodes

Giant Clam
Seasons 1-3 and, maybe even 4, are golden right? Well, they have their flaws. Yes they are golden, but they have impurities.

This is a list of my bottom 20 season 1-3 episodes. I have never done a list before, so I apologize if the list layout isn't up to the standards you'd expect. I will probably go on to do more of these lists in the future.

The lower entries on this list are definitely tamer. I won't actually start disliking these episodes till a bit later on. Remember this is all my opinion.
Also, remember that I don't HATE any of these episodes (except maybe the bottom 2).

So here's the breakdown of the list.
Episodes 20-12 were episodes that I didn't hate, or even dislike, but just didn't do it for me as much as the other episodes seasons 1-3. These episodes are passable in my opinion.
Episodes 11-3 are episodes which I actually disliked, but didn't hate.
Episodes 2 and 1 are episodes that I actually hate. There are only 2 in the whole of seasons 1-3... wow!

I will probably also do a top 20 at some point.

So, let's get started with the list.

NUMBER 20 - SQUEAKY BOOTS

Season - 1
Episode number - 8b
Airdate - September 4, 1999
SBMania rating - 7.0/10
My personal rating - 5.8/10

This episode is not that bad really, it's just weak compared to the rest of the season. There are some episodes that were very close to being at this spot (ie had ratings of 6 or so) but this one won out overall. The squeaking is VERY annoying and it really feels like not much actually happens in this episode. Mr. Krabs gets annoyed by squeaky boots. Okay? That's it really. I didn't even like this all that much when I was younger.

Hint for next episode - This episode is so overrated it smells!

Mr. Harrison

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I like Squeaky Boots. Season 1 is best season.

Also, I'm guessing Something Smells.

Giant Clam
Wow you all guessed so fast. Here comes number 19... the first of MANY controversial picks for this list :)

NUMBER 19 - SOMETHING SMELLS

Season - 2
Episode number - 22a
Airdate - October 26, 2000
SBMania rating - 9.1/10(!)
My personal rating - 5.7/10

So if you've seen some of my other posts, you'll know that I am not too keen on this episode. I have ranted about this one a lot. Do not get it into your heads that I hate this episode. Look at my personal rating. It's decent. But, in my opinion, this is the most overrated episode of all time. I mean, it's 19th on the list. It's not that bad. But their ignorance to the whole problem is so jarring that it spoils the episode for me. The Ugly Barnacle isn't even that funny for me. It's one line. The internet ran it into the ground. It's no funnier than "Hello pole" from Bossy Boots. But again, this is all my opinion. I know that everyone out there absolutely loves this episode. But this just doesn't do it for me. Seeing a character so gosh-dang realistically lose all his self-confidence... it's just not funny! But to the episode's credit it doesn't do anything too wrong, and there are some funny bits in here.
I hope I have cleared up why I don't like this episode all that much.

Hint for next episode - MOAR

Out of the Blue

Floating Shopping List
Jellyfish Hunter? Hm. Interesting choice. It's an episode that I can expect many people to either love or hate. Of course, I think the episode is good but I know that others may not look it. It's kinda like a proto-season 6 episode from season 2.

Giant Clam
Since I am eager to share my opinions, I'm going to do number 18 now. Out of the Blue, you guessed correctly!

NUMBER 18 - JELLYFISH HUNTER

Season - 2
Episode number - 39a
Airdate - September 28, 2001
SBMania rating - 8.8/10
My personal rating - 5.5/10

Again, I don't hate this episode. It's decent, but it's not as good as some of the other stuff in my opinion. Mr. Krabs is a little bit mean-spirited here, and the whole song thing goes on way too long. To me as a kid, it just seemed like a filler. I also found the whole episode to be a bit pointless. SpongeBob captures the jellyfish, then lets them go. I also get a very uncomfortable vibe watching this, and not in a good way either. BUT this episode does have funny moments as well, and doesn't do anything horrible.
You'll come to learn I'm not a massive fan of jellyfish-related episodes. Also, the reviews might be a little bit repetitive at first. We're at episodes that are decent. But trust me, I'll be tearing into them so much more when we get further down the list into episodes I TRULY dislike.

Hint for next episode - Disgusting insides

Giant Clam
Big Potato Leedles said:
K JELLYFISH HUNTER ABOVE SQUEAKY BOOTS I'M DONE I respect your opinion
There's 19 episodes above Squeaky Boots I'm afraid.

My list will have many more controversial picks on it. If that's what you're really thinking then there's really no point you reading this thread any longer, because there are some REAL controversial picks coming, especially further down the list.

Leedles

Leedle
777 said:
There's 19 episodes above Squeaky Boots I'm afraid.

My list will have many more controversial picks on it. If that's what you're really thinking then there's really no point you reading this thread any longer, because there are some REAL controversial picks coming, especially further down the list.
Meh, I'll be fine if Tea at the Treedome is on here :)

Also, I think Artist Unknown is okay now after a rewatch. 6/10 episode tbh

Giant Clam
Anyway, since no one guessed number 17 ima do it right now.

NUMBER 17 - SQUID ON STRIKE

Season - 2
Episode number - 40a
Airdate - October 12, 2001
SBMania rating - 8.1/10
My personal rating - 5.4/10

This, in my opinion, is where Mr. Krabs's flanderization TRULY started. Breathing?! Seriously?? That's not even funny. Also, SpongeBob is kinda stupid in this one. He doesn't seem to understand anything about striking. This episode has little appeal to children too. But this is definitely one of the funnier ones on this list. In fact, this episode is barely on the list at all. BUT, there is one scene that made this episode lose an ENTIRE point. Without this few seconds, this episode probably would've gotten about 6.4/10, easily clearing it of this list. It is that NASTY scene where we see SpongeBob's heart. This scene made me want to barf as a kid. And even now it makes me cringe. Honestly, it's worse than the toenail scene in my opinion. It is VERY uncomfortable to watch. If not for that scene, this episode wouldn't be on the list at all. It's a shame too, because this is actually a pretty funny episode.

Hint for next episode - Hose world.

Giant Clam
Episode 16 revealed when at least 2 people try and guess it :)

Mr. Harrison

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Why does it always have to be the hilarious episodes? Squid on Strike is one of my favourites.

Giant Clam
Mr. Harrison said:
Why does it always have to be the hilarious episodes? Squid on Strike is one of my favourites.
I don't hate these episodes, or even dislike them at this point. I'd say round about 12 is when I properly start disliking them. Until then, these are just episodes that didn't do it for me as much as the other episodes in these seasons.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
NUMBER 16 - KRABBY LAND

Season - 3
Episode number - 57a
Airdate - April 3, 2004
SBMania rating - 8.1/10
My personal rating - 3.5/10

This is arguably one of the single worst Spongebob episodes ever made. The fact that it sucks so badly is really jarring considering that it comes from the same season that gave us "Krusty Krab Training Video," "Just One Bite," and "Can You Spare A Dime." It's one of the single lowest points for the character of Mister Krabs. In seasons 1 and 2, he genuinely cared about Spongebob's physical well-being (he told him to go home in "Pickles" because Spongebob was clearly having a nervous breakdown, he was clearly concerned about Spongebob when he had the suds, he tried to keep Spongebob and Patrick away from the hooks, etc.) In this episode, Spongebob is brutally beaten up and dismembered, and is left with a black eye and a nasty-looking swollen lip. Krabs is more concerned about his WINDOWS being broken. The change of Krabs from a sketchy but still overall "good" and even avuncular figure to Spongebob, to whatever the heI1 happened to him in this episode, is REALLY jarring. In addition to that, most of the gags in this episode aren't particularly funny. The jokes fall flat, it's badly paced, and it's one of the episodes that shows Krabs at his worst. This episode sucks.

Hint for next episode - tortellini.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
777 said:
Anyway, since no one guessed number 17 ima do it right now.

NUMBER 17 - SQUID ON STRIKE

Season - 2
Episode number - 40a
Airdate - October 12, 2001
SBMania rating - 8.1/10
My personal rating - 5.4/10

This, in my opinion, is where Mr. Krabs's flanderization TRULY started. Breathing?! Seriously?? That's not even funny. Also, SpongeBob is kinda stupid in this one. He doesn't seem to understand anything about striking. This episode has little appeal to children too. But this is definitely one of the funnier ones on this list. In fact, this episode is barely on the list at all. BUT, there is one scene that made this episode lose an ENTIRE point. Without this few seconds, this episode probably would've gotten about 6.4/10, easily clearing it of this list. It is that NASTY scene where we see SpongeBob's heart. This scene made me want to barf as a kid. And even now it makes me cringe. Honestly, it's worse than the toenail scene in my opinion. It is VERY uncomfortable to watch. If not for that scene, this episode wouldn't be on the list at all. It's a shame too, because this is actually a pretty funny episode.

Hint for next episode - Hose world.
I can agree with a lot of these flaws but give most of them a pass because most of the episode is genuinely funny. But you're right. Krabs is uncharacteristically malicious in this episode, and Spongebob is stupid even by Spongebob standards. It's never been one of my favorites but some of the jokes ARE really funny. And I actually liked the gag of Spongebob's heart. It was super quick, probably painless, and it was pretty funny in an unexpected way. It was a little too outrageous to be gross IMO, and Spongebob was totally fine afterwards. He didn't seem too traumatized.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=fPz0cxKTqEaXamIMg0UnL3cREnU5Y982ouRitZuZNRs%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=EVljfnw9o%2FgzLJvTTmZwp1NQM9pXrFciss%2FfTcrg8Qs%3D

Back