Music Usage for SpongeBob

LARRY22

Giant Clam
I'm sorry if I have been making a lot of topics lately, this will be my last for a while. Anyway, one thing I want to ask is if the show still uses Aloha Oe, Honolulu March, Marching to Honolulu, Hawaiian Happiness, Maui Beach, and Hawaiian Train, because I saw something saying they were removed, but I still hear them on this show. They aren't Carlin tracks are they?

How is it that they are removed but still play, does Carr have like an album or something?

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
They are not from Carlin. Surprised you don't know about the origins of these tracks.
Hawaiian Happiness was used until 2011, the same year label Conroy Recorded Music Library closed, and thus all the rights for their tracks expired.
Marching to Honolulu is from Sonoton Authentic Series (Germany), still on APM, last used in 2010, but Sonoton is one of the most expensive labels on APM since the 2010s, so probably that's why it is not used many times as before.
As for the others, they come from Selected Sound (also German label), but Nicolas Carr might still have the copy of the CD album they were in on his hands. The label still exists and is still part of APM, so it IS possible for him to use the tracks frequently. But since the removal of the album from APM in 2011 (if I am not mistaken) I don't think it is possible to use them as much as in the past.

LARRY22

Giant Clam
RomNick said:
They are not from Carlin. Surprised you don't know about the origins of these tracks.
Hawaiian Happiness was used until 2011, the same year label Conroy Recorded Music Library closed, and thus all the rights for their tracks expired.
Marching to Honolulu is from Sonoton Authentic Series (Germany), still on APM, last used in 2010, but Sonoton is one of the most expensive labels on APM since the 2010s, so probably that's why it is not used many times as before.
As for the others, they come from Selected Sound (also German label), but Nicolas Carr might still have the copy of the CD they were in on his hands. The label still exists and is still part of APM, so it IS possible for him to use the tracks frequently.
Thank you very much, I was worried that they removed the tracks, so thanks, I thought they were removed because I heard they got removed from the website of APM, but I guess they still have rights to the songs(Most of them).

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
LARRY22 said:
Thank you very much, I was worried that they removed the tracks, so thanks, I thought they were removed because I heard they got removed from the website of APM, but I guess they still have rights to the songs(Most of them).
The Selected Sound album Maui Beach, Honolulu March, etc. were on is removed from APM, but I already answered why they are still used but not as much.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
LARRY22 said:
Are the Krusty Krab tracks still being used, like The Rake Hornpipe?
Only some of them. Sadly, most of them, including The Tip Top Polka/Cliff Polka, The Twin Sisters, Dingles Regatta, Keel Row, Tripping Upstairs, and Captain Lenoe's are Carlin tracks, so those can't be used anymore. The Rake Hornpipe is still available.

LARRY22

Giant Clam
Amphitrite said:
Only some of them. Sadly, most of them, including The Tip Top Polka/Cliff Polka, The Twin Sisters, Dingles Regatta, Keel Row, Tripping Upstairs, and Captain Lenoe's are Carlin tracks, so those can't be used anymore. The Rake Hornpipe is still available.
Man I miss Keel Row especially.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Amphitrite said:
Yes. They're still on APM. Those are on the same album as "On the Beach", so they can still be used.
They could be used, but the label is one of the most expensive now, so the possibility is very small.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
EliasAzevedo said:
There’s some remastered version of these CPM tracks, on the same album as The Twin Sisters. It was owned by Soho Production Music. One of them played in The Loud House. https://www.apmmusic.com/albums/SOHO-0145/SOHO_SOHO_0145_03501
The Twin Sisters is a traditional tune. So it's not remastered. It's REARRANGED.

Also, way to bump the topic. That's not appreciated here.

EM.

Moby Dollar
You know I really wish they would bring back Chief Taravana, and that it would play up an octave like it did in season 1, I like to play older soundtracks in the background when watching modern Spongebob episodes, and I would say it can fit.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
You know I really wish they would bring back Chief Taravana, and that it would play up an octave like it did in season 1, I like to play older soundtracks in the background when watching modern Spongebob episodes, and I would say it can fit.
The track was removed from the Sonoton album in late 2010 and wasn't preserved as a separate recording as one of Carr's files. Plus, Sonoton doesn't approve its restricted tracks playing in current shows.
So it is VERY unlikely you will hear this again.

Back