Most Overrated/Underrated episode.

A Writing Stick

Floating Shopping List
Club SpongeBob, it's decent enough but the Magic Conch Shell is the most over-quoted thing in SpongeBob history BY FAR.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Don't Look Now is an overrated episode and I'm trying to understand why a lot of people here are really enthusiastic about it. I just don't find it that funny as of now but I might go back and rewatch it just to be sure.

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Overrated
Graveyard Shift

Underrated

Funny Pants
Skill Crane (needs more..)
Boating Buddies
Krabby Chronicle
The Secret Box
U.G.H
Party Pooper Pant
Krabs vs Plankton
Plankton's Pet (needs more..)
Kenny the Cat
Drive Thru
Hello Bikini Bottom
Friendly Game
Hot Shot
Sentimental SpongeBob
Frozen Face-OFF
Face Freeze (for me)
Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom
The way of Sponge
House Sittin'for Sandy

Mantis

killer queen best stand
SB_DW_Fan said:
Restraining SpongeBob. I watched it again and Patrick stalking Squidward still makes me laugh a lot and the scenes when Patrick talked to a button were priceless.
Squidward f****ing p****d me of in that episode. D:< And the same goes to Patrick.

Wumbo

Part Computer or Something
I honestly don't think there are any overrated episodes. All episodes people consider really good are, well, Really good. That's all I have to say. As for underrated episodes, I barely ever hear discussion on SpongeBob's House Party which is a fantastic episode.

Popeye Q. Krabs said:
I'd also like to add that I thought Karate Star was just okay especially for Season 7. Really don't agree with what people have been saying about that ep lately.
I remember a lot of people liking that episode before Mr. Enter reviewed it. I also remember lots of people liking Toy Store of Doom before MoBros' review.

Lots of the Season 5 shorts are underrated to me, such as A Flea in Her Dome/The Donut of Shame/Krusty Plate.

As for some underrated episodes, lots of people have already covered post-movie, so I'l say two Season 1 episodes are underrated in particular. Squeaky Boots is the first. I always liked Mr. Krabs going completely insane in that one. XD MuscleBob BuffPants is hilarious, waching SpongeBob trying to come up with stories about his exercise program, such as 20 raw eggs and arm-farting. Did Mr. Lawrence play the shark on that commercial?

A Friendly Game/Sentimental Sponge pairing is reallly underrated. AFG is so hiarious and so entertaining that made me ignore Squid abuse in it. Sentimental SpongeBob is a really interesting episode that doesn't deserbe to be hated, plus It has some funny scenes: "Nice dress.", "IT'S A NIGHT SHIRT!!!".

Also Oral Report also became too much hated after Mr. Enter's top 10 worst Patrick episodes list.

Squidina

Tintenfisch
Supmandude said:
All episodes from Seasons 6, 7, and 8 are underrated.
I just want to say, your signature is made of so much win!<3 Where is that from? That's not an actual episode is it?

Supmandude

Squog
I just want to say, your signature is made of so much win!<3 Where is that from? That's not an actual episode is it?

Thanks! :) It's from the new movie trailer.

[youtube]https://youtube.com/watch?v=TGjbpO1toTc[/youtube]

Squid on Strike is a really overrated episode to me. Sure, the concept is great and there are some funny moments but how can you guys ignore Mr. Krabs' cheapness in it (paying the boss for breathing? WTF?) and such an horrible ending? I know the ending is a joke but If It isn't, then SpongeBob and Squidward have to work forever (yes, even after death). That's not funny, that's a really cruel way to end the episode. Of coarse SpongeBob wrecked Krusty Krab and Squidward made him do that but there are tamer ways to punish them, intead of forcing them to work forever. Sorry but this episode is really mean-spirited and If there weren't funny moments in it, this episode would be on my top 5 worst episodes list. NO LIES!

SB_DW_Fan said:
Squid on Strike is a really overrated episode to me. Sure, the concept is great and there are some funny moments but how can you guys ignore Mr. Krabs' cheapness in it (paying the boss for breathing? WTF?) and such an horrible ending? I know the ending is a joke but If It isn't, then SpongeBob and Squidward have to work forever (yes, even after death). That's not funny, that's a really cruel way to end the episode. Of coarse SpongeBob wrecked Krusty Krab and Squidward made him do that but there are tamer ways to punish them, intead of forcing them to work forever. Sorry but this episode is really mean-spirited and If there weren't funny moments in it, this episode would be on my top 5 worst episodes list. NO LIES!
There's really no pre movie episode that ever ever ever bothered me but it's been years since I've seen Squid on Strike so I'm interested in rewatching it and seeing if I still like that one or not.

SB 129 IS overrated. Pet or Pests, To be SquarePants, SB VS The Big One, The Great Patty Caper, and The Card are underrated.

Season 1:

Overrated: F.U.N.-It was a great episode with a good plot, but without the song it wouldn't get half as much attention.

Underrated: MuscleBob BuffPants-I love SpongeBob trying to be part of the crowd! This is a great example of wanting to fit in, but failing. The arm-farting technique was hilarious trying to watch all of the jocks trying to do it. Sandy was funny with the arm crucncher and stuff like that. :lol:

Season 2:

Overrated: Graveyard Shift-I tried not to do the cliche thing and put Band Geeks as the most overrated. Graveyard Shift was a spectuacular performance by Squidward and all, but all of those fillers such as SpongeBob screaming and laughing were annoying, and would have been ranted about if this were a post-movie episode.

Underrated: No Free Rides-This poor episode is probably underrated because boating school episodes usually aren't all that great. Mrs. Puff wasn't actually a bad character for once. She needed to get away with what she did, and it had some great interaction between the two main characters (although Mrs. Puff isn't really main).

Season 3:

Overrated: New Student Starfish-Sure, it had some fantatic Patrick moments, but it has short replay value, and the "24" joke isn't funny after hearing it 24,000 [that's punny] times.

Underrated: Clams-NSS's partner-in-crime shows off Mr. Krabs' cheapness to a great extent, but does it correctly. Mr. Krabs DID lose something important to him, after all. At least SpongeBob & Squidward tried to help themselves out. Gotta love drugged Krabs, too.

Season 4:

Overrated: Skill Crane-I love this episode, don't get me wrong! It really shows Squidward's childish side. It just wasn't anything spectacular, that's all.

Underrated: Driven to Tears/Rule of Dumb-It's a tie! These two episodes might have jerky Patrick in them, but that's what makes it funny! There's lots of humor involved. Patrick doesn't think he's great just because he does. Something happens to him that makes him feel superior to others. :patx:

Season 5:

Overrated: Krabs a la Mode-This episode was very unique, and I liked how instead of just giving up, the Krusty Krew makes the frozen restaurant work. SpongeBob's buns are nice and toasty! Which makes Squidward glad he doesn't eat at the Krusty Krab. I would have to say, though. The reason I think it's overrated is because Krabs was so cheap and arrogant in this episode.

Underrated: The Krusty Plate-I used to not like this one, but it is a superb short! SpongeBob is always finding was to be the best employee at the Krusty Krab!

Season 6:

Overrated: Ditchin'-Although it airs with a horrible episode, this one isn't bad at all. I liked Mrs. Puff's "last kind words," and this episode kind of relates to my school with kids cutting class, but the rest of it seemed... all over the place, and the ending was confusing. I don't get why it's so loved.

Underrated: A lot of episodes. That's all I have to say. Mainly House Fancy, which is judged for that one scene.

Season 7:

Overrated: Tunnel of Glove-If I had to choose one, this would be it. Although it kind of reminded me of old SpongeBob, for a reason unknown, it wasn't as good as I put it out to be. Pearl was a ::dolphin noise::, and Patrick wasn't as funny as I remembered him being.

Underrated: Karate Star-It wasn't hated all that much before it was reviewed by Mr. Enter, from what I remember. Even gianter TVs! :lol:

Season 8:

Overrated: Mooncation-Somebody tell me what makes this episode so great. Spandy? I have nothing against that ship, but there was NO conflict in this episode whatsoever! ...unless you count, like, that minute-long punctured fuel tank conflict.

Underrated: Glove World R.I.P.I didn't remember people hating this episode before it was reviewed by MoBros. I guess some of the puns weren't very funny (which is sad, because I like puns), but Glove World HAS had some questionable rides, such as the Fist 'O Pain, where Harold flew out of the car in the commercial. As for Season 9... I'm too lazy to do Season 9. It's not even finished yet.

Season 1:

Overrated: F.U.N.-It was a great episode with a good plot, but without the song it wouldn't get half as much attention.

Underrated: MuscleBob BuffPants-I love SpongeBob trying to be part of the crowd! This is a great example of wanting to fit in, but failing. The arm-farting technique was hilarious trying to watch all of the jocks trying to do it. Sandy was funny with the arm crucncher and stuff like that. :lol:

Season 2:

Overrated: Graveyard Shift-I tried not to do the cliche thing and put Band Geeks as the most overrated. Graveyard Shift was a spectuacular performance by Squidward and all, but all of those fillers such as SpongeBob screaming and laughing were annoying, and would have been ranted about if this were a post-movie episode.

Underrated: No Free Rides-This poor episode is probably underrated because boating school episodes usually aren't all that great. Mrs. Puff wasn't actually a bad character for once. She needed to get away with what she did, and it had some great interaction between the two main characters (although Mrs. Puff isn't really main).

Season 3:

Overrated: New Student Starfish-Sure, it had some fantatic Patrick moments, but it has short replay value, and the "24" joke isn't funny after hearing it 24,000 [that's punny] times.

Underrated: Clams-NSS's partner-in-crime shows off Mr. Krabs' cheapness to a great extent, but does it correctly. Mr. Krabs DID lose something important to him, after all. At least SpongeBob & Squidward tried to help themselves out. Gotta love drugged Krabs, too.

Season 4:

Overrated: Skill Crane-I love this episode, don't get me wrong! It really shows Squidward's childish side. It just wasn't anything spectacular, that's all.

Underrated: Driven to Tears/Rule of Dumb-It's a tie! These two episodes might have jerky Patrick in them, but that's what makes it funny! There's lots of humor involved. Patrick doesn't think he's great just because he does. Something happens to him that makes him feel superior to others. :patx:

Season 5:

Overrated: Krabs a la Mode-This episode was very unique, and I liked how instead of just giving up, the Krusty Krew makes the frozen restaurant work. SpongeBob's buns are nice and toasty! Which makes Squidward glad he doesn't eat at the Krusty Krab. I would have to say, though. The reason I think it's overrated is because Krabs was so cheap and arrogant in this episode.

Underrated: The Krusty Plate-I used to not like this one, but it is a superb short! SpongeBob is always finding was to be the best employee at the Krusty Krab!

Season 6:

Overrated: Ditchin'-Although it airs with a horrible episode, this one isn't bad at all. I liked Mrs. Puff's "last kind words," and this episode kind of relates to my school with kids cutting class, but the rest of it seemed... all over the place, and the ending was confusing. I don't get why it's so loved.

Underrated: A lot of episodes. That's all I have to say. Mainly House Fancy, which is judged for that one scene.

Season 7:

Overrated: Tunnel of Glove-If I had to choose one, this would be it. Although it kind of reminded me of old SpongeBob, for a reason unknown, it wasn't as good as I put it out to be. Pearl was a ::dolphin noise::, and Patrick wasn't as funny as I remembered him being.

Underrated: Karate Star-It wasn't hated all that much before it was reviewed by Mr. Enter, from what I remember. Even gianter TVs! :lol:

Season 8:

Overrated: Mooncation-Somebody tell me what makes this episode so great. Spandy? I have nothing against that ship, but there was NO conflict in this episode whatsoever! ...unless you count, like, that minute-long punctured fuel tank conflict.

Underrated: Glove World R.I.P.I didn't remember people hating this episode before it was reviewed by MoBros. I guess some of the puns weren't very funny (which is sad, because I like puns), but Glove World HAS had some questionable rides, such as the Fist 'O Pain, where Harold flew out of the car in the commercial. As for Season 9... I'm too lazy to do Season 9. It's not even finished yet.
Mooncation is great because of It's really enjoyable and action packed.

SB_DW_Fan said:
You know, sometimes, it's best to not take things seriously. That ending was clearly just made to bring a reference to Squidward's nightmare that SpongeBob and him would protest forever, forever, forever, forever.

This is a show with no continuity about a freakin' kitchen sponge living in a pineapple. I'm not saying 'it''s not your demographic' but i strongly doubt that ending had any undertones other than a silly little pun.
I should probably make that point in my topic

PatStar2000 said:
Season 1:

Season 2:

Season 3:

Season 4:

Season 5:

Season 6:

Season 7:

Season 8:

I love what you did with allt he seasons. Sorry to copy you by doing this but you get all my credit. :P

Season 1:

Overrated- F.U.N. I agree spot on with Pazza.
Underrated- Suds. IMO, it's a very overlooked episode with a seldom seen character pairing that WORKS in this episode.

Season 2:

Overrated: I'M WITH STUPID. If there's one thing I strongly agree with Mr. Enter about, it's that this episode is a freaking atrocity.
Dumped gets an honorable mention.
Underrated: Squidville. I think it was really creative because it both showed Squidward in a different light in which he took a stand for himself and a different part of Bikini Bottom with tons of new faces and places--let's not forget the jokes either. :D

Season 3:

Overrated: Chocolate With Nuts. Many of the jokes have lost their replay value for me after the years this episode has aired. Oh, and god darn it, I will stab that CHOOCOLLLAATTTE fish if he screams that one more time!
Underrated: Plankton's Arrmy. A lot of people think that this is a weaker Season 3 episode but I strongly enjoyed the fresher outlook and the creative humor in this episode. I wish there were more 'little bit of SB but mostly not there' episodes.

Season 4:

Overrated: Enemy-In-Law. Plankton is evil but it seemed out of character of him for me to decieve Mama Krabs. On top of that, I just disliked the humor in this episode. It's not THAT overrated though...
Underrated: Once Bitten. I've always loved the zombie-like plots of cannabalism and death in books and while I don't want it to become common in SB, I love it when things like this and Whelk Attack are born.

Season 5:

Overrated: How about none. They were either meh, or they were really good (Krabs a la Mode, and no, Mr. Krabs wasn't being ooverly cheap.. guys, that's his character. he was very cheap in pre-movie too... you know, the entirety of Mid-Life Crustacean, As Seen on TV... not unique to this episode!)

Underrated: Bucket Sweet Bucket: Squidward wasn't being abused in any way, everyone was in character, and it was kind of funny. See nothing to hate in this one.

Season 6:

Overrated: House Fancy. I think the first half is pretty good; the second half is awful and, unfortunately, not easily ignored.. IT'S NOT JUST THE TOENAIL SCENE EITHER! SpongeBob should have stayed home IMO.
Underrated: Krabby Road. This actually made SpongeBob look like it had potential for Season 6.... then a few more episodes came out. It was really funny, albeit cheesy--in a good way.

Season 7:

Overrated: That SInking Feeling. I still think it's good but I don't think it delivers anymore. It's suffering cwn syndrome (lack of replay value)
Underrated: Tentacle-Vision. I get that Squidward didn't deserve it, but at the same time, he was very arrogant and rude about the TV channel; why would you expect Squidward to get off scot-free? Especially when it's in his character to be rude and therefore punished.

Season 8:

Overrated: Mooncation
You have to have unique character ideas then EXECUTE THEM WELL too!
Underrated: Frozen Face-Off. It's okay but it's not AWFUL.. what's so bad about it?

I haven't watched enough Season 9 to judge that yet.

E.V.I.L said:
You know, sometimes, it's best to not take things seriously. That ending was clearly just made to bring a reference to Squidward's nightmare that SpongeBob and him would protest forever, forever, forever, forever.

This is a show with no continuity about a freakin' kitchen sponge living in a pineapple. I'm not saying 'it''s not your demographic' but i strongly doubt that ending had any undertones other than a silly little pun.
I should probably make that point in my topic

I love what you did with allt he seasons. Sorry to copy you by doing this but you get all my credit. :P

Season 1:

Overrated- F.U.N. I agree spot on with Pazza.
Underrated- Suds. IMO, it's a very overlooked episode with a seldom seen character pairing that WORKS in this episode.

Season 2:

Overrated: I'M WITH STUPID. If there's one thing I strongly agree with Mr. Enter about, it's that this episode is a freaking atrocity.
Dumped gets an honorable mention.
Underrated: Squidville. I think it was really creative because it both showed Squidward in a different light in which he took a stand for himself and a different part of Bikini Bottom with tons of new faces and places--let's not forget the jokes either. :D

Season 3:

Overrated: Chocolate With Nuts. Many of the jokes have lost their replay value for me after the years this episode has aired. Oh, and god darn it, I will stab that CHOOCOLLLAATTTE fish if he screams that one more time!
Underrated: Plankton's Arrmy. A lot of people think that this is a weaker Season 3 episode but I strongly enjoyed the fresher outlook and the creative humor in this episode. I wish there were more 'little bit of SB but mostly not there' episodes.

Season 4:

Overrated: Enemy-In-Law. Plankton is evil but it seemed out of character of him for me to decieve Mama Krabs. On top of that, I just disliked the humor in this episode. It's not THAT overrated though...
Underrated: Once Bitten. I've always loved the zombie-like plots of cannabalism and death in books and while I don't want it to become common in SB, I love it when things like this and Whelk Attack are born.
Season 5:

Overrated: How about none. They were either meh, or they were really good (Krabs a la Mode, and no, Mr. Krabs wasn't being ooverly cheap.. guys, that's his character. he was very cheap in pre-movie too... you know, the entirety of Mid-Life Crustacean, As Seen on TV... not unique to this episode!)

Underrated: Bucket Sweet Bucket: Squidward wasn't being abused in any way, everyone was in character, and it was kind of funny. See nothing to hate in this one.

Season 6:
Overrated: House Fancy. I think the first half is pretty good; the second half is awful and, unfortunately, not easily ignored.. IT'S NOT JUST THE TOENAIL SCENE EITHER! SpongeBob should have stayed home IMO.
Underrated: Krabby Road. This actually made SpongeBob look like it had potential for Season 6.... then a few more episodes came out. It was really funny, albeit cheesy--in a good way.

Season 7:

Overrated: That SInking Feeling. I still think it's good but I don't think it delivers anymore. It's suffering cwn syndrome (lack of replay value)
Underrated: Tentacle-Vision. I get that Squidward didn't deserve it, but at the same time, he was very arrogant and rude about the TV channel; why would you expect Squidward to get off scot-free? Especially when it's in his character to be rude and therefore punished.

Season 8:

Overrated: Mooncation
You have to have unique character ideas then EXECUTE THEM WELL too!
Underrated: Frozen Face-Off. It's okay but it's not AWFUL.. what's so bad about it?
I haven't watched enough Season 9 to judge that yet.
I think Frozen Face Off isn't anything that special. I mean the monster animation is cool but there really wasn't that much there for me that was actually that memorable and the fact that it was just another Plankton trying to steal the formula episode just made it feel a bit cliched to me. I don't hate that episode at all though or for the reasons that I've seen people use.

Interesting choices all around for the underrated stuff you chose. I practically like a bunch of those you picked.

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
Rewatch without toenail scene, please. It's actaully surprisingly good for a S6 IMO EXCEPT FOR THAT SCNEE. Yes, that epyp could have been much better (SB had no need to be in it)

and I believe the last one was Professor Squidward?
So I rewatched House Fancy, and suprisingly to me, I actually liked it!!! :) The toenail scene is the only bad thing about the episode, but it's actually not really too horrible to me anymore. I thought that SpongeBob was really annoying and he pretty much was messing everything up, but THAT ENDING just saved everything! Squidward actually won!!! And SpongeBob being annoying and "messing everything up" is the reason why!!! That's genius! :D SpongeBob actually didn't ruin Squidward's life this time! He actually supplemented it! His annoying nature is actually helpful this time! Wow, that is amazing! Also, I thought Squilliam showing around his house was pretty awesome and fantastic. And that phone conversation that Squidward and Squilliam had in the beginning looked almost just liked Band Geeks'! :lol: Oh, the nostalgia.

And yeah, I think it was Professor Squidward. I hate that episode, by the way.

I recommend rewarching it.
Episodes with Squilliam:
Band Geeks
Squilliam Returns
House Fancy (to be fair, I can't recall if it comes before or after KBBB)
Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful
I heart Dancing (again, can't recall if this is before or after Prof Squidward).
Professor Squidward
Mermaidman & Barnacle Boy V (has a one-line cameo.. I think that was the name? The time-traveling one.)
His appearance in Professor Squidward is pretty much just a cameo too.
But, so, Squilliam has a few appearances.
I keep hearing he supposedly had a non-speaking cameo in "Tentacle-vision", but I'll be darned if I can ever find him in the episode.
I know. Not everyone adores Squilliam's personality, though. And thought his house was boring. I don't get it myself, but we all know I think Squilliam's simply wonderful.

By "Mermaidman & Barnalce Boy V," I think you're actually talking about "Back to the Past." I don't remember him in the episode, but I should rewatch it.

And I forgot that he was in Keeping Bikini Bottom Beautiful. I should rewatch that one too.

But anyway, that sucks that he hasn't been in the show since Season 7. But there's still hope for him. He had a haitus between Season 3-Season 6, so a Season 7-9 haitus doesn't seem too bad.

Back