Most overrated episodes

KalloFox34

Floating Shopping List
The Chaperone. Aside from the "Doing the Sponge" scene (which is hilarious), I found the episode boring from start to finish.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Let me get ready for the pitchforks (jk) but honestly for me it's Band Geeks. Don't get me wrong, it's one of the best episodes of the show, but I'm really gonna need for people to stop talking about it all the time. Also The Bully is pretty overrated in my opinion.

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
122 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom (or the USA)
Pizza Delivery: The only reason why I think the episode is mainly talked about is because of when Squidward stands up for SpongeBob (and also The Krusty Krab Pizza), I think that it's a good episode.

Band Geeks: You know Pizza Delivery is one thing, but Band Geeks is just overrated COMPLETELY (with a underline 3 times) and if you say that this episode isn't well explain that to NFL. I can take my opinion to the grave and heck I think that it should be fact but I don't want people to get angry at because of this one special episode! I just find the episode to be boring and the only thing that WAS funny is Trombone Patrick, but even then that became boring after awhile (I better end this comment before people get angry at me)

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
Wait...Squidward gets RAPED in "Good-bye Krabby Patty?"?!?

Wow I am shocked

Or if it's referencing rectal exams that still doesn't feel right

But I hate that sequence too & the only good part of the episode was the whole thing with SpongeBob and Patrick's friendship

As for why they called the episode Goodbye Krabby Patty instead of Factory Fresh (the working title) most likely Nick wanted to trick people into thinking it was the real series finale

People mainly watched the episode for Jon Hamm from AMC's "Mad Men"

Last edited:

Snails

Floating Shopping List
Season 1
Tea At The Treedome: ScumBob
Bubblestand: Good
Ripped Pants: Meh
Home Sweet Pineapple: Good
Karate Choppers: Good
Sleepy Time: Good
Valentines Day: ScumBob
The Paper: ScumBob
Texas: ScumBob
Mermaid-Man & Barnacle-Boy 2: ScumBob

Season 2
Something Smells: ScumBob
Bubble Buddy: ScumBob
Dying For Pie: Good
Patty Hype: ScumBob
Survival Of The Idiots: ScumBob
Band Geeks: Good

Season 3
SpongeGuard On Duty: Meh
My Pretty Seahorse: Meh
The Bully: ScumBob
Idiot Box: Meh
Can You Spare A Dime?: ScumBob
Rock-A-Bye-Bivalve: Meh
Born Again Krabs: ScumBob
I Had An Accident: ScumBob
SpongeBob Meets The Strangler: Meh

Season 4
Have You Seen This Snail?: Good
Funny Pants: ScumBob
Mrs Puff, You're Fired: Meh
Driven To Tears: ScumBob
Rule Of Dumb: ScumBob
Best Day Ever: Meh

Season 5
Roller Cowards: Good
Goo Goo Gas: Meh
Blackened Sponge: ScumBob
The Two Faces Of Squidward: Meh

Season 6
Krabby Road: Meh
Sun Bleached: ScumBob
Overbooked: ScumBob

Season 7
Growth Spout: Meh
The Inside Job: Good
Greasy Buffoons: ScumBob
Back To The Past: Meh
The Abrasive Side: Meh
Earworm: ScumBob
Perfect Chemistry: ScumBob

Season 8
The Way Of The Sponge: ScumBob
The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom: Meh
Chum Fricassee: Meh

Season 9
Squirrel Record: ScumBob
Patrick-Man!: ScumBob
Safe Deposit Krabs: ScumBob
Patrick! The Game: Meh
Two Thumbs Down: ScumBob

Season 10
Mimic Madness: Good
Patrick's Coupon: ScumBob

Season 11
Krabby Patty Creature Feature: Meh
Squirrel Jelly: ScumBob

Season 12
Gary & Spot: ScumBob
Plankton's Old Chum: ScumBob
Stormy Weather: ScumBob

Season 13 (So Far)
Squidward's Sick Daze: ScumBob

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
Season 1:
Jellyfishing
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy 1 and 2
Texas
Hooky

Season 2:
I'm With Stupid
Band Geeks
Graveyard Shift

Season 3:
Party Pooper Pants
KKTV (not by that much)
New Student Starfish

Season 4:
Have You Seen This Snail (not by that much)
Rule Of Dumb
Driven To Tears

Season 5:
Krabs A La Mode
Le Big Switch (not by that much)
The Original Fry Cook

Season 6:
Not Normal
Suction Cup Symphony (not by that much)

Season 7:
Squidward in Clarinetland
Big Sister Sam

Season 8:
The Googly Artiste
Planet of the Jellyfish
Squiditis

Season 9:
Patrick-Man!

Season 10:
Sportz?
Mimic Madness

Season 11:
Mustard O' Mine (not by that much)

Season 12:
Dream Hoppers (not by that much)

Snails

Floating Shopping List
Season 1:
Jellyfishing
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy 1 and 2
Texas
Hooky

Season 2:
I'm With Stupid
Band Geeks
Graveyard Shift

Season 3:
Party Pooper Pants
KKTV (not by that much)
New Student Starfish

Season 4:
Have You Seen This Snail (not by that much)
Rule Of Dumb
Driven To Tears

Season 5:
Krabs A La Mode
Le Big Switch (not by that much)
The Original Fry Cook

Season 6:
Not Normal
Suction Cup Symphony (not by that much)

Season 7:
Squidward in Clarinetland
Big Sister Sam

Season 8:
The Googly Artiste
Planet of the Jellyfish
Squiditis

Season 9:
Patrick-Man!

Season 10:
Sportz?
Mimic Madness

Season 11:
Mustard O' Mine (not by that much)

Season 12:
Dream Hoppers (not by that much)
I thought most people hated Big Sister Sam.

Heyo_Heyo

Moby Dollar
Seasons 4-6 overrated episodes:

Fear of a Krabby Patty - Meh episode in my opinion, is kinda forgettable and nothing much stands out
Have You Seen This Overrated Episode? - Have You Seen This Snail is one of the most overrated episodes ever in SBSP. The only thing that saves this abysmal episode from becoming worse is the Gary Come Home song, which is the only good thing in this trash heap. The pacing is garbage, as most of the first half is all FILLER. SpongeBob doesn't even notice Gary leaves until the beginning of the second half, and the ending is SO RUSHED, there is no time for heartwarming moments - one moment Gary is missing and another moment he is in SpongeBob's hands. Other than that, there isn't much more humor in the episode either.
Krusty Towers - Meh episode in my opinion, even though 99.99999% of the SpongeBob community loves this episode.
Mrs. Puff, You're Fired! - Another meh episode, it would be nice to see SpongeBob succeed with the new teacher (but he doesn't).
Karate Island - Bad episode. It has poor timing and pacing, and Sandy and Master Udon getting really buff is disturbing and the action scenes were repetitive and not that funny.
Squidtastic Voyage - Meh episode.
The Pink Purloiner - I think this is a good episode, not as good as most people says it is.

Roller Cowards - I find this episode extremely boring - just Patrick and SpongeBob delaying riding the roller coaster. Not much jokes or substance here.
Breath Of a Fresh Squidward - I don't really understand how some people like this episode so much, it has Squidward AND SpongeBob torture and most of the episode was boring and unfunny.
The Krusty Sponge - Boring and forgettable.
Picture Day - Stressful, boring, and repetitive.
BlackJack - Possibly one of the MOST BORING and worstly planned episodes of SpongeBob. There was so much filler, like SpongeBob doing Uncle Blue's tasks, and the ending where BlackJack is a little guy came out of nowhere since the writers had no idea what was going on anymore and wanted to get this episode over with.
Blackened Sponge - BORING. Reminds me of Stuck In the Wringer except no Patrick and a different situation.
Mermaidman vs. SpongeBob - BORING. Everyone was annoying in this episode and it had little substance.
To Save A Squirrel - BORING. Seriously, so many Season 5 episodes are boring IMO. This one is also forgettable, and annoying to watch. (SpongeBob and Patrick trying to cook each other? Really?) Sandy's appearance out of nowhere as the old fish was very forced and lazily smashed into this garbage episode.
Banned In Bikini Bottom - Miss Gristlepuss and her group of idiots cause this episode to exist. Plankton was annoying, Miss Gristlepuss was annoying, the ending was annoying, this entire episode is stupid.

Grooming Gary - A forgettable and bland episode. The pets rioting was infuriating and disturbing, and another lazy ending to end off this episode.
Grandpappy the Pirate - Many people are liking this episode less, but it is still overrated.
Chum Caverns - Starts off decent, but gets worse as the episode passes. Plankton and Krabs stuck in the cave is probably the worst part of the episode, but the ending is OK which kind of saves this episode.

Last edited:
Back