Most overrated episodes

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
List all your overrated episodes of Spongebob.

My list:
Survival of the Idiots - this episode is good, even very good but not in my top 50. Many people think it is one of the best ever. I don't agree with it.
Frankedoodle - the same.
Sailor Mouth - this episode is better then the other two I mentioned, but still a bit overrated.
The Alge's Always Greener - I have senn many people say it's one of the best. I really don't know why. This episode is nice+, not more than that.
Fear of Krabby Patty - the same as The Alge's Always Greener.
Mimic Madness - It's boring and unfunny for me. I don't find any reason to like it.
My Leg! - it's average for me. Some moments are a bit funny, some are boring.

What is your list?

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
My list:

Ripped Pants - This is still a good episode, I just don't think it's as good as other people think it is.
Pizza Delivery - same as above, but it is still good.
Something Smells - This is a meh episode for me.
Prehibernation Week - SpongeBob Torture, and most of the episode isn't really exciting.
Frankendoodle - Other than a few jokes, this episode is pretty lame.
Sailor Mouth - One of the worst pre-movie episodes, the cursing isn't funny and the ending was bad in my opinion.
Fry Cook Games - Another boring episode, the action wasn't as good as people said it was. The ending was sudden and the pacing was bad.
Nasty Patty - A strange and boring episode.
MMBBIV - In the bottom 5 of premovie. The beginning takes forever, and SpongeBob shrinking everyone was predictable and unfunny. Although the "wumbo" scenes are OK, other than that, I hate this episode. The ending is absolutely infuriating, watching SpongeBob's friends beat him up from the inside just because he accidentally shrank all of them down. The resolution where SpongeBob shrinks all of Bikini Bottom and then Plankton appearing out of nowhere also didn't help this abysmal episode from getting better.
Doing Time - Although the rest of the episode is OK, the ending is stupid and brings the rating down.
Squilliam Returns - This is a bad episode in my opinion. Other than a few jokes, there isn't much. And it would be nice to see Squidward win at the end, like he did in Band Geeks and House Fancy, but Squilliam still is better than Squidward at the ending and makes the episode kinda useless.
Chocolate With Nuts - You probably did not expect this one on the list! The "CHOCOLATE!" scenes were more annoying than funny, and the con man was also annoying in this episode. Other than a few jokes, there isn't much else here that people say.
New Student Starfish - Good episode, just not perfect or anything.
I Had an Accident - Same as above, good episode.
Plankton's Army - Meh episode. The beginning and middle worked out fine, just the ending felt very poorly done. Seriously, would Plankton actually believe there was plankton in Krabby Patties? Probably not.
SB Meets The Strangler - Another meh episode. I find this one worse than people normally say it is, mostly because it is boring and repetitive, with the Strangler trying to attack SpongeBob but SB does something so he can't.

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
My list:

Ripped Pants - This is still a good episode, I just don't think it's as good as other people think it is.
Pizza Delivery - same as above, but it is still good.
Something Smells - This is a meh episode for me.
Prehibernation Week - SpongeBob Torture, and most of the episode isn't really exciting.
Frankendoodle - Other than a few jokes, this episode is pretty lame.
Sailor Mouth - One of the worst pre-movie episodes, the cursing isn't funny and the ending was bad in my opinion.
Fry Cook Games - Another boring episode, the action wasn't as good as people said it was. The ending was sudden and the pacing was bad.
Nasty Patty - A strange and boring episode.
MMBBIV - In the bottom 5 of premovie. The beginning takes forever, and SpongeBob shrinking everyone was predictable and unfunny. Although the "wumbo" scenes are OK, other than that, I hate this episode. The ending is absolutely infuriating, watching SpongeBob's friends beat him up from the inside just because he accidentally shrank all of them down. The resolution where SpongeBob shrinks all of Bikini Bottom and then Plankton appearing out of nowhere also didn't help this abysmal episode from getting better.
Doing Time - Although the rest of the episode is OK, the ending is stupid and brings the rating down.
Squilliam Returns - This is a bad episode in my opinion. Other than a few jokes, there isn't much. And it would be nice to see Squidward win at the end, like he did in Band Geeks and House Fancy, but Squilliam still is better than Squidward at the ending and makes the episode kinda useless.
Chocolate With Nuts - You probably did not expect this one on the list! The "CHOCOLATE!" scenes were more annoying than funny, and the con man was also annoying in this episode. Other than a few jokes, there isn't much else here that people say.
New Student Starfish - Good episode, just not perfect or anything.
I Had an Accident - Same as above, good episode.
Plankton's Army - Meh episode. The beginning and middle worked out fine, just the ending felt very poorly done. Seriously, would Plankton actually believe there was plankton in Krabby Patties? Probably not.
SB Meets The Strangler - Another meh episode. I find this one worse than people normally say it is, mostly because it is boring and repetitive, with the Strangler trying to attack SpongeBob but SB does something so he can't.
This list is surely intersting. There are some thich I agree and some which I disagree and many which I didn't know that are loved so much(Plankton's Army, New Student Starfish etc). tbh I expected at least one comment about Pizza Delivery, Chocolate With Nuts, SB-129 and Band Geeks. Let's see who will make it :0
Good list and look forward the continuation.

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Staff
Seasons 4-6 overrated episodes:

Fear of a Krabby Patty - Meh episode in my opinion, is kinda forgettable and nothing much stands out
Have You Seen This Overrated Episode? - Have You Seen This Snail is one of the most overrated episodes ever in SBSP. The only thing that saves this abysmal episode from becoming worse is the Gary Come Home song, which is the only good thing in this trash heap. The pacing is garbage, as most of the first half is all FILLER. SpongeBob doesn't even notice Gary leaves until the beginning of the second half, and the ending is SO RUSHED, there is no time for heartwarming moments - one moment Gary is missing and another moment he is in SpongeBob's hands. Other than that, there isn't much more humor in the episode either.
Krusty Towers - Meh episode in my opinion, even though 99.99999% of the SpongeBob community loves this episode.
Mrs. Puff, You're Fired! - Another meh episode, it would be nice to see SpongeBob succeed with the new teacher (but he doesn't).
Karate Island - Bad episode. It has poor timing and pacing, and Sandy and Master Udon getting really buff is disturbing and the action scenes were repetitive and not that funny.
Squidtastic Voyage - Meh episode.
The Pink Purloiner - I think this is a good episode, not as good as most people says it is.

Roller Cowards - I find this episode extremely boring - just Patrick and SpongeBob delaying riding the roller coaster. Not much jokes or substance here.
Breath Of a Fresh Squidward - I don't really understand how some people like this episode so much, it has Squidward AND SpongeBob torture and most of the episode was boring and unfunny.
The Krusty Sponge - Boring and forgettable.
Picture Day - Stressful, boring, and repetitive.
BlackJack - Possibly one of the MOST BORING and worstly planned episodes of SpongeBob. There was so much filler, like SpongeBob doing Uncle Blue's tasks, and the ending where BlackJack is a little guy came out of nowhere since the writers had no idea what was going on anymore and wanted to get this episode over with.
Blackened Sponge - BORING. Reminds me of Stuck In the Wringer except no Patrick and a different situation.
Mermaidman vs. SpongeBob - BORING. Everyone was annoying in this episode and it had little substance.
To Save A Squirrel - BORING. Seriously, so many Season 5 episodes are boring IMO. This one is also forgettable, and annoying to watch. (SpongeBob and Patrick trying to cook each other? Really?) Sandy's appearance out of nowhere as the old fish was very forced and lazily smashed into this garbage episode.
Banned In Bikini Bottom - Miss Gristlepuss and her group of idiots cause this episode to exist. Plankton was annoying, Miss Gristlepuss was annoying, the ending was annoying, this entire episode is stupid.

Grooming Gary - A forgettable and bland episode. The pets rioting was infuriating and disturbing, and another lazy ending to end off this episode.
Grandpappy the Pirate - Many people are liking this episode less, but it is still overrated.
Chum Caverns - Starts off decent, but gets worse as the episode passes. Plankton and Krabs stuck in the cave is probably the worst part of the episode, but the ending is OK which kind of saves this episode.

SQUIGOR

sponge on the run is not bad y'all are just mean
Band Geeks is terribly overrated. Clever humor, sure, but it’s not my personal favorite nor would I call it the “best episode”.
I wouldn't say it's terribly overrated. Band Geeks is a very funny, clever and iconic episode. Yeah, it honestly gets a bit repetitive when it's number one in every best episodes list, but I can see why it's so beloved, even if it's not one of my personal favourites

Last edited:

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0
I wouldn't say it's terribly underrated. Band Geeks is a very funny, clever and iconic episode. Yeah, it honestly gets a bit repetitive when it's number one in every best episodes list, but I can see why it's so beloved, even if it's not one of my personal favourites
I assume you meant to say overrated? 😅 - And yeah, I agree.

SQUIGOR

I kinda hate using word "overrated", because I feel like I'm ruining the fun lol, but I think "Goodbye, krabby patty?" is pretty overrated by some post-sequel fans (and I am A huge fan of post-sequel, it's my favourite era). My problems with this episode are:
1) it just ripps-off "Selling Out", a much better episode where Mr Krabs' character is portrayed in a way more interesting way, where he actualy cares about his restaurant. Even the ending is coppied from "Selling Out", where it gets revealed to the customers that fake krabby patties are made out of some garbage;
2) jokes are shockingly flat, like how everyone throws up at the end was gross, the baby using social media feels like it tries to be trendy too hard and just very forced, I really don't like the joke about how Squidward gets raped off screen and I think the way everybody's butts are growing from eating fake krabby patties is just weird, not in a good way;
3) the villain business guy is just so bland and boring, I don't even remember his name;
4) that's not really the episode's fault, but I really don't like the way it was advertised, like it's going to be the last time we are going to see krabby patties or something, it's so overly dramatic and it's obvious that krabby patties aren't going anywhere;
5) Now I going to be a bit nitpicky, but I think the name "Goodbye, krabby patty?" is pretty bad. First of all, just like I said, it's obvious that krabby patties aren't going anywhere, and second, it just sounds boring, original name "Factory-fresh" was much smarter and sounded cooler.
But I think the B plot about Spongebob's and Patrick's friendship was actualy pretty cute. I like how Patrick doesn't enjoy his fame, and chooses to sabotage his career so he can be friends with SpongeBob. I think if the episode was just 10 minutes long and focussed entirely on Spongebob's and Patrick's friendship it would've been much better, because I everything else was just bland and boring.

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Staff
I kinda hate using word "overrated", because I feel like I'm ruining the fun lol, but I think "Goodbye, krabby patty?" is pretty overrated by some post-sequel fans (and I am A huge fan of post-sequel, it's my favourite era). My problems with this episode are:
1) it just ripps-off "Selling Out", a much better episode where Mr Krabs' character is portrayed in a way more interesting way, where he actualy cares about his restaurant. Even the ending is coppied from "Selling Out", where it gets revealed to the customers that fake krabby patties are made out of some garbage;
2) jokes are shockingly flat, like how everyone throws up at the end was gross, the baby using social media feels like it tries to be trendy too hard and just very forced, I really don't like the joke about how Squidward gets raped off screen and I think the way everybody's butts are growing from eating fake krabby patties is just weird, not in a good way;
3) the villain business guy is just so bland and boring, I don't even remember his name;
4) that's not really the episode's fault, but I really don't like the way it was advertised, like it's going to be the last time we are going to see krabby patties or something, it's so overly dramatic and it's obvious that krabby patties aren't going anywhere;
5) Now I going to be a bit nitpicky, but I think the name "Goodbye, krabby patty?" is pretty bad. First of all, just like I said, it's obvious that krabby patties aren't going anywhere, and second, it just sounds boring, original name "Factory-fresh" was much smarter and sounded cooler.
But I think the B plot about Spongebob's and Patrick's friendship was actualy pretty cute. I like how Patrick doesn't enjoy his fame, and chooses to sabotage his career so he can be friends with SpongeBob. I think if the episode was just 10 minutes long and focussed entirely on Spongebob's and Patrick's friendship it would've been much better, because I everything else was just bland and boring.
I have been insulted Wow, it's rare to see people who don't like Goodbye, Krabby Patty, but I respect your opinion. You said your favorite era was post-sequel, what's your favorite episode from post-sequel? My favorite era is also post-sequel but it's kinda hard to decide between that and pre-movie. My favorite post-sequel episode is Goodbye, Krabby Patty (obviously), but SpongeBob's Big Birthday Blowout is in second, with The Getaway in third.

SQUIGOR

I have been insulted Wow, it's rare to see people who don't like Goodbye, Krabby Patty, but I respect your opinion. You said your favorite era was post-sequel, what's your favorite episode from post-sequel? My favorite era is also post-sequel but it's kinda hard to decide between that and pre-movie. My favorite post-sequel episode is Goodbye, Krabby Patty (obviously), but SpongeBob's Big Birthday Blowout is in second, with The Getaway in third.
My favourites are
Dream Hoppers,
Spongebob's Big Birthday Blowout,
SpongeBob in Randomlad,
Gary's got legs,
Broken Alarm
(a lot of season 12 episodes, I know),
Scavanger Pants,
Karen's Virus,
Man Ray Returns,
Life Insurance,
Krusty Katering,
Mermaid-Pants,
Sharks vs Pods
Sandy's Nutmare
Squid plus one

Last edited:

SQUIGOR

Truth or Square and Goodbye krabby patty advertisements be like YOOOO WILL SPONGEBOB FREAKING DIE??!?!!?!??!?? 💀😱💀😱💀😱💀☠️💀💀😱😱😱

SQUIGOR

My favourites are
Dream Hoppers,
Spongebob's Big Birthday Blowout,
SpongeBob in Randomlad,
Gary's got legs,
Broken Alarm
(a lot of season 12 episodes, I know),
Scavanger Pants,
Karen's Virus,
Man Ray Returns,
Life Insurance,
Krusty Katering,
Mermaid-Pants,
Sharks vs Pods
Sandy's Nutmare
My top 10 post-sequel episodes probably looks something like this:
1. Dream Hoppers
2. Spongebob's Big Birthday Blowout
3. Gary's Got Legs
4. Scavanger Pants
5. Broken Alarm
6. Life Insurence
7. Man Ray Returns
8. Mermaid Pants
9. High Sea Diving
10. Karen's Virus

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
I did not know this episode is loved, so I go with it too. I don't like post-sequal era at all, I like just around 5-7 episodes, and this episode is not one of them.

SQUIGOR

I did not know this episode is loved, so I go with it too. I don't like post-sequal era at all, I like just around 5-7 episodes, and this episode is not one of them.
What are those episodes that you actualy liked?

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
What are those episodes that you actualy liked?
Pull Up a Barrel, Patrick The Game, Larry's Gym, Sold, Mall Girl Pearl, Life Insurance, Teacher's Pests, Krusty kleaners.
There are also some nice episodes: Scavenger Pants, My Leg, ChefBob, King Plankton, Burst Your Bubble, Sharks VS Pods, Sandy's Nutmare, Bulletin Board, Lame and Fortune.

Back