Most Over-hated or overlooked episode?

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
In my opinion, this show has more good episodes than bad ones, and people tend to disregad seasons 5-8 too much. So I made this thread to see your guys opinions on some episodes you think are underappreciated. My pick for the most underrated episode would have to be SB vs the big one, I absolutely adore this episode, with the new characters introduced, and the cool sandy subplot.

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0
Choir Boys! So many people hate it, and rightly so, but it had some funny moments in it, and let’s not forget everyone’s “favorite” quote: “FiiiiiiiigarrrrrOOOOOOOOOOO!”

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
A Pal for Gary. Another rightly hated episode, absolutely, Spongebob is just way too stupid in it to believe. The complaints about it being "animal abuse" though just make me roll my eyes and there are a few parts of it I actually enjoy, like the cool visuals of Puffy Fluffy's transformation and the homage to Western films.

EditorWiki

Floating Shopping List
UGH isnt a bad special at all (this is coming from a person who is harsh on Seasons 1-3's bad episodes)

Spy Buddies is sooo underrated, the animation is beautiful and one of the best episodes in the show by far.

coft

happy hopping moron
Mrs. Puff, You’re Fired is in top 10 for best episodes of all time. Fight me.

I love the car chase at the end and the training scenes. Maybe it’s just bias, I watched this a ton as a kid.

As for overhated, Waiting.

It was honestly more boring than bad tbh

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
A Pal for Gary. Another rightly hated episode, absolutely, Spongebob is just way too stupid in it to believe. The complaints about it being "animal abuse" though just make me roll my eyes and there are a few parts of it I actually enjoy, like the cool visuals of Puffy Fluffy's transformation and the homage to Western films.
Honestly I don't really like this episode because Patrick is kind of intolerable to me, but I do see your point about it not being animal abuse, because that really isn't why this episode is bad to me.

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
For overlooked, Blackjack 100%.
I like everything about this episode, besides the really stupid ending, I would've liked to see an actual underdog story where spongebob beats BlackJack up. Also maybe the Spongebob's uncle sequence goes on for a little too long, but I agree it is a little overlooked.

EditorWiki

Floating Shopping List
I know this is shocking, but "One Course Meal" when I rewatched it wasn't even super horrible, just bad and boring, nothing really stands out imo. It wasn't even in the realms of "A Pal For Gary" in terms of horribleness

SploderEnigma

Floating Shopping List
Mrs. Puff, You’re Fired is in top 10 for best episodes of all time. Fight me.

I love the car chase at the end and the training scenes. Maybe it’s just bias, I watched this a ton as a kid.
I legitimately agree

Aaendi

Imitation Krab
It's definitely not my favorite episode, but I do like Face Freeze. I thought Boat Smarts was pretty funny too, especially the scene where Squidward turns into a crash dummy.

Back