MISSING HELMETS

LeElephantMonster

Moby Dollar
I don't know if anybody else has notice this but in a couple of episodes when patrick and spongebob are in sandy's treedom they dont have their helmets on. I didn't notice this at but while I was watching mobrostudios top 20 worst spongebob episodes fan edition on youtube part 2. He mentioned how in Face Freeze! when spongebob and patrick are in sandy's treedome trying to get their face fixed they have no helmets on. This also occured in House Sittng for sandy and I think in latest spongebob christmas special. Also a similar occurance in Someones in the kitchen with Sandy. While Sandy was looking for her missing fur she didnt have her helmet on. Probably some of you guys noticed this before but I wanted to get this out there. I just find this blooper uncalled for since this is something very important in spongebob.

WWESpongefan

Part Computer or Something
Well... In face freeze... She was working in their faces... That would be kind of hard to do with helmets on. And in House Sitting for Sandy Patrick reminded Spongebob about the helmet.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
SpongeBob didn't have a helmet in the Christmas special because of budget constraints. They talk about it a little in this interview:
http://www.assignmentx.com/2012/exclusive-interview-with-the-its-a-spongebob-christmas-stop-motion-special-creative-team/

Cha

I love SBM
They also didn't have helmets on in The Krabby Patty Who Ate Bikini Bottom. It's been a regular thing in these past two seasons. It's probably because like DadMom said about the special, because of their budget or they simply forget it sometimes.

LeElephantMonster

Moby Dollar
About house sitting for sandy it seemed like a joke to cover up an animation goof. I realize that Patrick did remind spongebob but it seems like at first they forgot about the helmets so they used a joke to cover it up. I don't know if thats true but to me thats what it feels like. About the christmas special I realize there is a budget but I don't see why they still couldn't add the helmet to me that seems like a very important element to the spongebob world. Im just saying its just another thing post movie episodes are forgetting about.

NastyPatty2002

Dead Inspector
Maybe it could be budget constraints in terms of the Christmas special (indeed, all of that would be a lot of extra work!), but I think when it happens in the regular series, it's either for a reason, or simply forgetfulness on the animators' part.

Recently watching the DVD Commentary for "Survival of the Idiots". The helmets are really annoying to draw, apparently. So the cleanup artists may get a bit lazy.

Web Surfer

Banished
They also didn't have helmets on in The Krabby Patty Who Ate Bikini Bottom. It's been a regular thing in these past two seasons. It's probably because like DadMom said about the special, because of their budget or they simply forget it sometimes.

Mr. Krabs didn't wear a helmet in TKPTABB because he was fine breathing Sandy's air. And Spongebob did bring a helmet.

Uncle Sherm

Bomb-Selling Pirate
In "It's A Spongebob Christmas!" there was snow in Sandy's dome, and in Survival Of The Idiots, Spongebob and Patrick can have their helmets off, because snow melts into water. So, that one is understandable.
Still, I'm pretty sure the one in House Sittin' For Sandy was an animation error that they decided to cover up.

LeElephantMonster

Moby Dollar
In "It's A Spongebob Christmas!" there was snow in Sandy's dome, and in Survival Of The Idiots, Spongebob and Patrick can have their helmets off, because snow melts into water. So, that one is understandable.
Still, I'm pretty sure the one in House Sittin' For Sandy was an animation error that they decided to cover up.
I see ur point for ISSC so I can let that go. The animation error and the joke to cover it up felt very tacked on so I am pretty sure they forgot.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I don't see how it could have been an animation error. They storyboard and record voice tracks for the whole episode before they even begin to animate it, so it's not like they animated up to that point and then realized they forgot the helmets. So I'm pretty sure it is just a joke. :)

Cha

I love SBM
I don't see how it could have been an animation error. They storyboard and record voice tracks for the whole episode before they even begin to animate it, so it's not like they animated up to that point and then realized they forgot the helmets. So I'm pretty sure it is just a joke. :)
And to be honest, the first time I watched the episode I thought it was a joke too. It's actually a funny joke once you think about it. :p

LeElephantMonster

Moby Dollar
And to be honest, the first time I watched the episode I thought it was a joke too. It's actually a funny joke once you think about it. :p
the joke was okay I personally i didnt like spongebobs face in that joke

Back