Me reviewing every Sonic game.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
Sonic CD's level design isn't bad. It lends itself towards exploration and it's the only classic game where getting the chaos emeralds (I mean time stones) isn't a pain in the neck
I'd agree with the special stages if accessing them wasn't so annoying. Carrying 50 rings to the end isn't as safe as hitting a closer checkpoint or finding a hidden giant ring.
As for the special stages themselves they're decently manageable

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
MrTortellini00 said:
I'd agree with the special stages if accessing them wasn't so annoying. Carrying 50 rings to the end isn't as safe as hitting a closer checkpoint or finding a hidden giant ring.
As for the special stages themselves they're decently manageable
Except you don't have to do that. You can also just destroy the robot machines (Whatever they're called, I don't know). Sonic CD is the only one that has that leeway and the exploration based level design helps make tracking them down easier.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
Except you don't have to do that. You can also just destroy the robot machines (Whatever they're called, I don't know). Sonic CD is the only one that has that leeway and the exploration based level design helps make tracking them down easier.
I know, that's why I never bothered with the time stones until recently because hunting for the robot generators is safer. But you mentioned getting the time stones instead of destroying the robot generators, which are two different tasks.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
MrTortellini00 said:
I know, that's why I never bothered with the time stones until recently because hunting for the robot generators is safer. But you mentioned getting the time stones instead of destroying the robot generators, which are two different tasks.
Maybe I should've clarified. I meant that getting the good ending in Sonic CD iis a much more lenient task in comparison to the other games.

I guess I forgot that the Robot Generators don't technically give you the time stones even if they give you a good future.

WhosTheRealPinheadPatrick?

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Sonic The Hedgehog 3
No, I haven't forgotten about this topic I made. I'm just not very good at explaining my thoughts without getting kinda repetitive. So, with that out of the way, let's get 'em!

I really enjoy this game. The soundtrack of this game is very good. I love what Michael Jackson did with with it! The level design is slightly boring half way through the later levels, but it's alright. It's meant to get harder after a while of playing it. Also, this game (on it's own) is very short. But overall, I give this game an A!

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Hello! It's me, Mr AlmostOnTheLimitOfBumpingTheTopic! So, I have a new way of reviewing classic games. Favourite stage, Least favourite stage, Best Boss, Worst Boss and Overall thoughts.​
Sonic & Knuckles
Well well well. My least favourite of the 4 originals. This game isn't bad by any means, just a bit... off. It feels like it started abruptly. I wonder why... Even though it is abrupt, I LOVE Mushroom Hill. It's a good looking level with a varied ACT 2. The boss isn't too bad either. I like the idea of it being 2.5D as well. My only complaint is that it kinda sets a standard that isn't even closely met. My least favourite boss and stage is Sandopolis Act 2.
Gosh, that level is just boring and gimmicky. The boss is just like the stage. Boring, overstaying it's welcome, and gimmicky. But, my overall thoughts are that this game is a B+.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
Sonic & Knuckles starts where the previous game left, thus why it's bond to feel abrupt. Sandopolis Act 2 is one of my least favorite levels in the franchise though.

Bomb-Selling Pirate
So, I guess that everybody caught on. I was going to just review S3&K, but I wanted to give my thoughts on each one alone. So now I've done the two parts alone... Here's both parts!
Sonic 3 And Knuckles
Everyone thought I didn't know this game existed. Well I do. I was just waiting to talk about it. So, let's do just that!

Favourite Stage: Knuckles' Angel Island. I just really enjoy the fact that in the original S3, you couldn't go through the rock formation in the wall as Sonic or Tails; but as Knuckles you could. It took you 6 months to realize, but it was worth it. (Also, yeah the rest of the stage was fun.)
Least Favourite Stage: SANDOPOLIS ACT 2. (See S&K review for the... review.)
Best Boss: I once again, think that Mushroom Hill's boss is pretty good! I enjoy the 2.5D, and the jumps are pretty fun too.
Worst Boss: Ack, Sandopolis, why do you suck?
Overall Thoughts: I really really really (12 hours later) really love this combination of 2 games. Well, reuniting of 1 game. So, I give it an S!

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Hey look, I almost bumped again! Now it is the time for a slow game.
Sonic Labyrinth
Sonic Labyrinth isn't bad. It's boringly bad. It's the most boring game I think I've ever played. It's slow, repetitive, boring and repetitive. (Bad joke? I know.) I don't have much else to say, apart from I got so bored of playing it, I left after 15 minutes. This game gets an E-.

Back