Which is better?

• Mario

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • Sonic

Votes: 12 27.9%

• Total voters

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
The last time Sonic had a good game...just recently with Sonic Mania. Sonic 4 was a disaster. And the 3-D Sonic games: forget about them! The 2-D Sonic games are the best. Sonic Mania marks a return to Sonic's former glory.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
SpongeBobfan1987 said:
The last time Sonic had a good game...just recently with Sonic Mania. Sonic 4 was a disaster. And the 3-D Sonic games: forget about them! The 2-D Sonic games are the best. Sonic Mania marks a return to Sonic's former glory.
Implying Colors and Generations aren't good.

I mean most of 3D Sonic is lackluster but don't throw those games under the bus with them.

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
Sonic's world and designs are miles better, and is generally more creative but a wide majority of the games don't appeal to me. Mario's uncreativity lately is pretty obnoxious and sad too (reusing level themes, bosses, etc.), but his track record is more consistent.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Big Meaty Claws said:
Sonic's world and designs are miles better, and is generally more creative but a wide majority of the games don't appeal to me. Mario's uncreativity lately is pretty obnoxious and sad too (reusing level themes, bosses, etc.), but his track record is more consistent.
Kinda hypocritical only citing Mario's recent games as uncreative when Sonic has resorted to using past levels and stock Mario tropes since 2011.

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
Honest Slug said:
Kinda hypocritical only citing Mario's recent games as uncreative when Sonic has resorted to using past levels and stock Mario tropes since 2011.
that's pretty valid, but at least the older games had actual interesting level themes instead of reusing grassdesertbeachjungleicemountainskylava for like 25 years

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
I'm all for the Mario games.. definitely my favorites. I've played a few sonic games and had a lot of fun with them though. I played a whole lot of Sonic Adverture DX. There's just a ton of awesome Mario games that I like though. SM64 is a classic. Odyssey coming up also looks amazing

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
The Mario games didn't have much of a story. It's a good thing the cartoons and movies gave Mario a more fleshed-out story compared to the small paragraphs in the instruction booklets.

Klu

Moby Dollar
I thought that those comparisons died out in early 2000s, when Sonic began appearing on Nintendo platforms. o_O
Sonic and Mario are really different. In tone, in gameplay... It's like comparing Mickey Mouse to Bugs Bunny.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
Klu said:
I thought that those comparisons died out in early 2000s, when Sonic began appearing on Nintendo platforms. o_O
Sonic and Mario are really different. In tone, in gameplay... It's like comparing Mickey Mouse to Bugs Bunny.
Or comparing:
Spiderman to Superman
Star Trek to Star Wars
Pokemon to Digimon
ALDI to LIDL
Walmart to Target
Pizza Hut to Domino's

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Klu said:
Or like comparing good games to bad games :p

Back