Marine Biology

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
What are some good marine biology colleges in the U.S.? I want to pursue this career, and am searching for the best place to be informed on the subject. Any recomendations or ideas? Stephen Hillenburg was and is just a huge inspiration for me, I want to live on his legacy.

eliugra

On-and-Off SBManiac
Fresh or saltwater? It may seem obvious, but definitely pick an institute near bodies of water in order to be close to your fieldwork!

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
I don't know specifics about schools, but you obviously want to go to a place on one of the coasts. California is obviously a name destination with more allure than just sunshine and beaches, but I'll bet there are good programs all around (and depending on location might give you better chances to get out an explore!)

Alaska, Maine, Florida, Oregon, Washington, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Hawaii... there are, of course, more costal states, but remember that the best college for you might not be the "best" ranked college. Look for a place that will let you get your hands dirty and is big on undergraduate participation.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
I don't know specifics about schools, but you obviously want to go to a place on one of the coasts. California is obviously a name destination with more allure than just sunshine and beaches, but I'll bet there are good programs all around (and depending on location might give you better chances to get out an explore!)

Alaska, Maine, Florida, Oregon, Washington, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Hawaii... there are, of course, more costal states, but remember that the best college for you might not be the "best" ranked college. Look for a place that will let you get your hands dirty and is big on undergraduate participation.
...and for schools in coastal Canadian provinces: British Columbia, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland/Labrador.

Back