Looking for threads about Spongebob's staying power 20 years on

eliugra

180 posts
$12 doubloons
Hi everyone, long time lurker/member, not-often poster here.

I'm looking for threads on SBMania Forums that best illustrate fans' opinions why Spongebob has had such a long run for 20 years. Or ideas why Nickelodeon/Viacom has treated it as its "cash cow" for so long. If anyone could point me in the direction of such comments, like to links to forum threads, I'd really appreciate it. I've tried a couple of forum searches very briefly, but I hoped those of you who are on here more often could help me. (It is impressive the staying power this forum has had, too, over 14 years!) Thanks in advance!

eliugra

180 posts
$12 doubloons
It is fun to see threads like these in the 4 to 5 years later context!

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff member

23,408 posts

$4,061 doubloons
I'll be able to help with this on Friday/Saturday as I have these days off of work.

Grass-Skirt-Chase

#Bobsessed

203 posts
$195 doubloons
@Grass-Skirt-Chase I'm curious why you say you wouldn't want to continue recruiting more fans. Just because the show's plenty popular?

@ssj4gogita4 thanks! Long time!
Well, that’s where I need to revise the ending. It’s a bit off topic and wasn’t the focus of my article, so it’s a little random. The reason I said that was because I meet so many adults and children alike who either don’t like or can’t watch SpongeBob. It bothers me because I’ve gotten so much enjoyment from SpongeBob, and I wish people wouldn’t just call it a dumb show and forget about it. We all have different tastes, but it makes me feel better to know that I don’t have to make people like SpongeBob. I don’t have to try to prove a point. SpongeBob already has so many amazing fans who actually understand the true awesomeness of SpongeBob SquarePants.

I sound like a nerd.

eliugra

180 posts
$12 doubloons
Nothing wrong with being a fan of something, as long as things in your life are enjoyed in moderation! I was just wondering.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff member

23,408 posts

$4,061 doubloons
(Even though recent, it should show you why it's still going)
https://www.sbmania.net/forums/threads/spongebob-still-soaking-up-ratings-after-10-years.24335
(10 years but whatever)
https://www.sbmania.net/forums/threads/did-spongebob-ruin-nickelodeon.62143
o_o

@eliugra