Let me be clear, the Cosmic Shake is gonna be pretty sweet.

SpongeheadandhispalPatman

Imitation Krab
The Cosmic Shake trailers have released, and from what I can tell, it's an indirect sequel to Battle for Bikini Bottom, a game I hold dear when it comes to childhood memories. Now, judging by the gameplay previews and animation, it looks like Nickelodeon is really trying to push THQNORDIC to their limit.

Hell, it's apparently gonna be like a mix between Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse (With the multiverse travel theme) and BFBB (With the platforming and Squash-n-Stretch physics). Just imagine the endless possibilities...

Squidwardspal

Part Computer or Something
It looks so good and what I love most of all is how big the maps look. I'm a big fan of games where there is a lot to explore and I'm really able to immerse myself and obviously I love Spongebob, so if the game is really what the trailer shows, then this will probably be the best Spongebob game yet. (My current favorite SB game is Spongebob: employee of the month)

cameroncochran

Floating Shopping List
The Cosmic Shake trailers have released, and from what I can tell, it's an indirect sequel to Battle for Bikini Bottom, a game I hold dear when it comes to childhood memories. Now, judging by the gameplay previews and animation, it looks like Nickelodeon is really trying to push THQNORDIC to their limit.

Hell, it's apparently gonna be like a mix between Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse (With the multiverse travel theme) and BFBB (With the platforming and Squash-n-Stretch physics). Just imagine the endless possibilities...
nice

Nathan Shetka

Balloon Traveler
the graphics in the game is gonna be cool looking. Pirate, Cowboy and Halloween levels are going to be epic.

Nathan Shetka

Balloon Traveler
and… we’ll get that big bonus level with Sweet Victory included.

SpongeVol93

Floating Shopping List
This game is the most excited I've been for something SpongeBob-related since the 3rd movie. I think it's already my favorite SB game and it's not even out yet. It's obvious the developers are fans and probably went back and re-watched quite a bit of the series to fill the game with as many references as they could. I feel like it's almost going to be like a playable movie. I preordered the BFF edition back in November, I didn't like how expensive it was but I really wanted the collectibles and want to help this game be a financial success so hopefully we get more games like this and less games like the Activision-published ones.

SpongeVol93

Floating Shopping List
Amazon ran late so I didn't get my copy of the game until yesterday afternoon. I'm still in the Wild West area but have played enough to say I love this game. It's like playing an interactive SpongeBob movie, all the dialogue is spot on and all the references I've seen just in the short time I've played is pretty impressive. There's a really random reference to Seance Shmeance, which is a pretty obscure episode to reference. And Spot appears which is a nice touch. I like that they covered the entire series and didn't just limit it to the pre-movie era. Voice acting is great as usual and it's great that it actually has Clancy Brown as Krabs, it really would have taken away from the experience if they got a different voice actor again.

The game is beautiful as well, which also contributes to it feeling like a playable CGI SpongeBob movie. The gameplay so far is fun and there's a variety of different gameplay mechanics despite being limited to just playing as SpongeBob. I could change my mind but as of now I'm saying it's the best SpongeBob game yet and it's not really close. I don't mind the Nick Kart Racer series or All Star Brawl but I want more games like this. I really hope it does well so we get more games from THQ Nordic/Purple Lamp.

SpongeVol93

Floating Shopping List
I do too, there are some bad ones in there though. I think starting with Atlantis SquarePantis THQ started to not put as much effort into the games and just relied on the brand to sell the games. Then Activision took the series and made two pretty bad games (I haven't played Robotic Revenge yet, but I hear it's pretty similar to HeroPants, which is pretty bad). HeroPants has 6 playable characters but every single one of them plays the exact same. It's extremely dull and empty with not really much to do in each level. The only thing Activision got right was the pre-rendered cutscenes which looked great and they actually got all the original voice actors. THQ Nordic seems to be really committed to producing quality games. The $40 price on the standard version of the game is a steal for all the content and care put into the game.

Back