Least funny pre-movie episodes

DietShampoo

Imitation Krab
I personally don't think a single pre-movie episode is outright bad. People occasionally refer to episodes they found a bit mean spirited, like The Great Snail Race or I'm With Stupid, as bad episodes. But these episodes do make me laugh, so I can't dislike them.
The only episode that really fails to make me laugh is Krabby Land. I always thought it was a post-movie episode, because if feels almost exactly like one. I can't think of a single funny or quotable moment from it. I hate those bratty kids in it too, they are annoying and not funny. This is easily the weakest of the first 3 seasons for me. Certainly not flat out awful like A Pal For Gary or something like that, but very bland and unfunny. What about you guys? Any episodes from the first 3 seasons you find even less funny?

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Krabby Land is the least funniest hands down nothing about was funny

Party Pooper Pants is the second least funniest great song but its really boring

Last edited:

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
122 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom (or the USA)
Band Geeks wasn't funny, it ain't the worst pre movie episode it just wasn't funny for me...

It's boring in my opinion, but when Squilliam is on screen that's when the episode shines.

The Chaperon is depressing though, that's the vibe I get from that episode.

DietShampoo

Imitation Krab
Band Geeks was great, but I agree it's not among the funnier episodes. But it does have some quotable moments like "Is mayonnaise an instrument?" and "BIG, MEATY CLAWS!"

The Chaperone is alright, it's one of the more forgettable episodes from the first 3 seasons but it's not without charm.

Mr. What Zit Tooya

Moby Dollar
Grandma's Kisses is an episode that used to bother me when I was a kid because of the way Squidward and the people of Bikini Bottom made fun of Spongebob and Patrick took advantage of it.

Heyo_Heyo

Moby Dollar
Band Geeks wasn't funny, it ain't the worst pre movie episode it just wasn't funny for me...

It's boring in my opinion, but when Squilliam is on screen that's when the episode shines.

The Chaperon is depressing though, that's the vibe I get from that episode.
Band Geeks has some of the most iconic jokes in all of SpongeBob don’t be such a blind hater

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
I think that all pre-movie episodes are nice+ but yeah, there are some better and some weaker.
I think that Dumped is the weakest episode from the 3 first seasons. It's still a fine episode but the other episodes are just better.

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Well, SpongeBob BC is my least favorite episode in the whole series, so I think it's also the least funny. I think it's boring mostly because of the lack of dialogue.

And I only find Dumped to be okay, and I don't think it's very funny either. I can understand Dumped not being the funniest though because it purposely focuses a little more on drama.

The Lost episode & Party Pooper Pants aren't too great either imo. Not the worst though.

(It's pretty interesting that my least favorite episode is actually a Pre-Movie one!)

SploderEnigma

Floating Shopping List
I personally don't think a single pre-movie episode is outright bad. People occasionally refer to episodes they found a bit mean spirited, like The Great Snail Race or I'm With Stupid, as bad episodes. But these episodes do make me laugh, so I can't dislike them.
This is very true. It sucks how SpongeBob acted in the Great Snail Race, but besides that, the episode has some really great jokes

DietShampoo

Imitation Krab
I thought Dumped was alright. It has a few lines I like, such as "Fresh scent or heavy du-du-du," "He only liked me for my shorts!" and "I thought what we had was special!" More than I can say for Krabby Land. Not one memorable line for me.

Heyo_Heyo

Moby Dollar
I thought Dumped was alright. It has a few lines I like, such as "Fresh scent or heavy du-du-du," "He only liked me for my shorts!" and "I thought what we had was special!" More than I can say for Krabby Land. Not one memorable line for me.
What about cheapy the cheapskate

DietShampoo

Imitation Krab
Cheapy the Cheapskate is maybe the only line that got a smirk out of me, but that's about it.

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Okay i update i think 3 werent really funny

Krabby Land: The worst episode of pre-movie i hate this one because it wasnt not very funny

Party Pooper Pants: I legit almost fell asleep during this cringefest it had not so funny jokes and the only joke i liked at was that overrated bunny hop joke

Home Sweet Pineapple: Trust me i almost cried during this episode it was depressing and just lacked humor

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I recently rewatched Nature Pants an episode i hate i still find the episode rather depressing and specializes in being depressing instead of funny

DietShampoo

Imitation Krab
Yeah, Party Pooper Pants does have a few funny moments, the worst is most of the live action crap. Another pre movie episode that I don't remember many jokes from is As Seen On TV. I always found that one to be pretty forgettable.

But what's wrong with Nature Pants? I thought it was funny enough.

Back